2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of you know I don’t have access to a lot of gym equipment but I was reading some stuff last night and decided I wanted to try and figure out my 1 rep max bench press.

I only have a machine that adjusts to a bench press position to work with. I loaded it up to 140 and got the 1 rep pretty easily. Upped to 150 a bit more of a struggle but got it. Went to 160 and that’s where I struggled and barely got it done.

Now I imagine it’s a lot easier to do on a machine because it’s balancing it for me, right? Would 150 be a decent representation of what my 1RM would be or is it likely very off from that?
It's hard to say. There is a lot more coordination that you'd expect when benching, especially at a 1RM level. With a machine, you can really start to let form break down, since there are no consequences/danger in failure.

It's hard to say. There is a lot more coordination that you'd expect when benching, especially at a 1RM level. With a machine, you can really start to let form break down, since there are no consequences/danger in failure.
Right, that makes sense.

Fear of not dying is a powerful motivator.

Hope all you that are bettering yourself today have a blessed weekend! Since getting back to the gym I have been way more dedicated to making sure I get my 3 sessions a week. I couldn’t go Monday like normal so making up for it today! Let’s go!

Travel, a sick kid, and then a sick me kinda beat the heck out of me for a couple weeks.

Missed this place so much. Swole is the goal, size is the prize.

Monday morning workout complete.

Set of squats, and, for the first time in a very long while, power cleans. Moving heavy things fast should help me in a few months 💪

Monday morning workout complete.

Set of squats, and, for the first time in a very long while, power cleans. Moving heavy things fast should help me in a few months 💪
Don't forget your friend the power snatch

Don't forget your friend the power snatch
Bringing down weight from over my head without dropping it (trying not to wake my nieces, nephew, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law) doesn't sound fun.

Bringing down weight from over my head without dropping it (trying not to wake my nieces, nephew, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law) doesn't sound fun.
But it's doable.

Also, good enough reason not to.

Leg night 😢

Stupid workouts!

A bit of soreness leftover from Monday, so just 3 sets of overhead presses today. Shoulder health!

After only working out once last week, I really procrastinated going on Monday. Usually I am done by 4:15, I didn't get to the gym until 4:30. But, the workout was great. Up in weight across the board (Bench, RDLs, tricep extensions etc) and I am pumped for the home stretch of the year. Back at it today for squats/incline bench and some other fun.

I have started adding BCAA's to my water, I make sure to drink a full scoop mixed into water during my workout and then I sip on some water with another full scoop at night before bed. It's making a world of difference in my recovery.

Been having a great week. 3 days of weights in a row for the first time in a long time. Plus yoga 2 nights. Getting back on track!

A set of squats, and a couple doubles and a single for bench. Too much weight, not enough bench pressing. :oops:

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend, and is ready for the week.

Chest, shoulders and triceps on the agenda for me today.

Set of squats and some deadlifts today. Make it a great week!

I keep forgetting to post in here, but I have been on point with my workouts lately. I just finished my latest program on Tempo and I am going to go back and do one I did a while ago and really liked.

I am not losing any weight, but based on this picture, I am definitely gaining definition in my upper body. This was taken this morning, this was not me flexing, I was again trying to show my sister my curls (it's a sister thing, don't ask, lol).

IMG_0051.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back