2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked chest and triceps today with a bit of hiit. I’ve already seen some increase on weights so that was super encouraging!

Good freaking job! Haven’t been on this thread every day but it seems like you’ve had some extra hills to climb these last days. I’m impressed!

Thanks man! Feels good to be this far, but still a WAYS to go.

Happy to see everyone here rocking their fitness goals.

Looks like a lot of success this Monday so far!
It's gonna be a great week for PRs & personal progress.
I myself am going to try to go for some PRs trying to figure out 1 rep Max's this week.

Last week was a bit of a mess. Gym closed early on Monday because of the holiday (that we don't get off work at my company) then on Wednesday there was a bomb threat 2 blocks away but they evacauted/shut down everything including the gym.

So Lifted Tue/Thu, did at home yoga on Friday, walked 18 Saturday and lifted again yesterday. A little sore in the pecs today, but going to try and get another yoga in today and keep lift up Tue/Thu before more golf on Saturday.

Hopefully no weird shut downs this week and I can keep my planned schedule going!

And for reference: my Monday workout (I am following Fit 4 Golf winter program):

Warm up (takes about 5-7 minutes)

Doing alternating sets on all these:
2x10
Pogo jumps - BW
Overhead reactive Band Chops (each side) - 70

3x7
Squat - 195
Lat pulldown - 130

3x12
Torso toration (each side) - 70
3x7
Incline Bench Press = 125

2x12, 1x10
Bicep Curls - 30lb
Will go up 20lbs on squat and 10lbs on everything else next week (except curls, probably stay the same there, doing those just to try and reduce tennis/golfers elbow). Have really been taking it slow on ramping up weights and I am glad I have.

Last edited:
The fitness journey has started for 2022! I know slacking since its almost February, but i found some motivation and kicked my own butt today at the gym. I have a long way to go, but everyone has to start somewhere.

The fitness journey has started for 2022! I know slacking since its almost February, but i found some motivation and kicked my own butt today at the gym. I have a long way to go, but everyone has to start somewhere.
It's never too late to start.
Motivation is the hardest part but you got this! 💪
That's what we're all here for. To root for and encourage each other.

Keep it up!!

Glad to see you in here @Gman79 ! Like you said, have to start somewhere, and sometimes the first one is the hardest step!

Just got back from a weekend away. Now I won't just lurk, I'm getting back to it! 🥳

I miss the gym!! Ugh hopefully a few more days and I can return.

Glad to see you in here @Gman79 ! Like you said, have to start somewhere, and sometimes the first one is the hardest step!

haha the second day is always the hardest, so hope to have some updates tomorrow when soreness kicks in! The snow actually is making it easier because the winter boredom has kicked in!

I think i will also start swinging the speed trainer for golf as soon as temp increases!

haha the second day is always the hardest, so hope to have some updates tomorrow when soreness kicks in! The snow actually is making it easier because the winter boredom has kicked in!

I think i will also start swinging the speed trainer for golf as soon as temp increases!
Lots of water to help with soreness!

Determine numbers of reps you're going to do by inches of snow within the last week...

Or maybe the last 24 hours... :LOL:

A 75 minute powerzone ride ticked off this morning. The pain in my arse took my mind of any pain in my legs or lungs LOL.

Ally Love just kicked my arse in a 30 min Peloton ride. Holy crap that was intense…my legs are spent and this guy used to run marathons.

Boxing + Core and then Legs + Core workouts complete! The legs workout was taught by Mark McMorris, I guess he's an olympic snowboarder. I don't really follow the sport so I didn't know much about him, but it was a solid workout. Lots of stability with the legs and core, which makes sense given his sport.

Shadowing boxing is starting to get fun, we are really starting to put some combinations together. Lots of foot work and punches, it keeps your brain sharp, so much thinking/coordination.

I am traveling for work. Thankfully, the little town I am in has a D1 college and a D3 college. Seriously, Houghton/Hancock, MI has 12,000 people and two colleges. Thankfully, the D3 school has a nicer gym.

Although, the last time I was there, a naked man in the locker room tried to talk to me about Jesus.

I am traveling for work. Thankfully, the little town I am in has a D1 college and a D3 college. Seriously, Houghton/Hancock, MI has 12,000 people and two colleges. Thankfully, the D3 school has a nicer gym.

Although, the last time I was there, a naked man in the locker room tried to talk to me about Jesus.
I used to play soccer in college against Houghton. We played there on homecoming one year, and for a small college soccer game, it was the most memorable game I've played in. Stands were packed with students, they gave away seats on a coach they put on the track for one person and some friends, with a pizza included. The entire game the students were loud, and I still remember it to this day. Game went to OT, and we tied, but it was a blast! What I could give to go back and experience it again as a player...

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps yesterday went well.

Legs and core today went ok, just no energy. I still did it all, but it was slow going.

I used to play soccer in college against Houghton. We played there on homecoming one year, and for a small college soccer game, it was the most memorable game I've played in. Stands were packed with students, they gave away seats on a coach they put on the track for one person and some friends, with a pizza included. The entire game the students were loud, and I still remember it to this day. Game went to OT, and we tied, but it was a blast! What I could give to go back and experience it again as a player...
yeah, but Houghton is ******* cold and there is a ton of snow here right now.

Thankfully, Tech likes doing business with me. I grin and bear it.

yeah, but Houghton is ******* cold and there is a ton of snow here right now.

Thankfully, Tech likes doing business with me. I grin and bear it.
Luckily it never snowed when we were up there, but later in fall it was still cold!

I sometimes feel more accomplished when I push through those workouts where the energy is just not there. It's not easy.
I know, which is why I wanted to keep going. Still waiting for that feeling of accomplishment though :ROFLMAO:.

But in the end, I think keeping on track, and not bowing out does a lot for future days. I once heard it takes 14 days to form a habit, but only one day to break it. Works with some habits, not others, but I think exercise falls into the category of which it work with.

I know, which is why I wanted to keep going. Still waiting for that feeling of accomplishment though :ROFLMAO:.

But in the end, I think keeping on track, and not bowing out does a lot for future days. I once heard it takes 14 days to form a habit, but only one day to break it. Works with some habits, not others, but I think exercise falls into the category of which it work with.

You will likely feel it tomorrow when. you realize, damn I was exhausted and still got that workout in, even if it wasn't my best effort. And I totally agree, exercise definitely falls into that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back