2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note, my chest is really sore. I must be from the deficit pushups. Not really sure, but it is sore! Tempo also keep telling me to pick a chest press weight that I feel is too heavy, although I do make it through almost the full exercise before I hit failure, but it's a struggle.

500th ride on peloton so I made it a live one and ended up getting a shout from my favourite instructor, which made me way more happy than it really should have done LOL.

I totally forgot to post this earlier. My workout today included reverse burpees, and I’ve never been able to get up without using my hands to help propel me up. Until today…I was so excited, I finally did it hands free l! It was a little wobbly but I did it.

This is a huge accomplishment for me because with the two herniated disc’s in my back, I never thought I would have the strength/stability to do that and I did. I literally clapped in excitement, haha.

I totally forgot to post this earlier. My workout today included reverse burpees, and I’ve never been able to get up without using my hands to help propel me up. Until today…I was so excited, I finally did it hands free l! It was a little wobbly but I did it.

This is a huge accomplishment for me because with the two herniated disc’s in my back, I never thought I would have the strength/stability to do that and I did. I literally clapped in excitement, haha.
Nice! Little wobbly still counts!

D6B448AB-D886-447D-B989-AE09421D5820.jpeg
App Workout #125 complete, lots of miserable bear crawls tonight. Celebrating a year of sobriety today. Hope your all getting after it 🤛.

Worked up to hard-ish squat then did a back off set. Some other barbell accessories.

It was a good training session at the little college gym.

Finally back under the bar. Family got hit with the 'rona right at new year's, then my wife was out of town, so I was on full time dad duty, then all the snow last week had me clearing the driveway in the mornings. So I just worked up to a single workset of squats and bench, trying to avoid the DOMS.

Started off the Fit for Golf "Off-Season" track today with Phase 1 Workout A. From the routines in this workout it seems like this track will be much more focused on mobility as opposed to strength. My first workout didn't burn the amount of active calories I hope to achieve with my workouts, Apple Watch says 271 active calories burned. I'd like to be around 350-400 range (that's what the 101 track was). As a result it seems like I'm going to need to add something to my routine when I'm working from home. I think I'll incorporate some more of the strength stuff from 101 into this phase.

There was only 1 exercise I had no means to do and couldn't think of an alternative. That was 'Assisted Chin-ups' I don't have a bar or anything I can grab onto to do that one here at home. I hope there aren't more in the future workouts that I can't do or find a sub for.

2nd lift day this week last night. Hit range balls and then to the gym:

Again, alternating lifts for first 3 combos, last one on it's own:

band resisted lateral jump 2 times through
5x70 each side
kneeling band rotation
10x70

Hip Hinge/RDL (I take the bar down just below the knee, trying to keep lower back from arching) 3x through
7x175
Bench press
7x145

Pelvic rotation with Strap 3 x through
10x70
DB Incline Row
7x40

Overhead tricep rope extension
3 x 10x80

Will go up 20lbs on RDL, 5lbs on DB row and 10lbs on everything else next week. Going to the range today then need to get some yoga in before I hit the weights again on Thursday.

Last edited:
I actually cannot believe tomorrow will be Day 25!

1/3 of the way done.

I actually didn't weigh myself before this started, because I didn't want the focus to be on weight loss, but I am kicking myself for not doing it.

I have decided my first weigh-in will be at the 1/3 mark, and I will probably weigh weekly until the end just to get an idea.

I’m not sure if I’m hyper focused or just not resting enough, but I’m knocking out workouts that took an hour in like 30 or so minutes. So that’s sorta fun.
If you feel rested enough to give whatever percentage of effort your going for each set, I'd say it has more to do with focus.
When I am 100% focused & not letting other things like my phone or others in the gym distract me and feeling good, my rest times seem to be shorter.

*It's nice to have extra time in the day you weren't planning on having too

My neck was killing me today so I didn’t work out and I’m super bummed about it. I am really into my workouts lately, and I have a fairly busy rest of the week but I will make sure I get a workout in tomorrow and Friday.

I am going to be doing some traveling next week so I won’t get any workouts in, which also makes me super sad since I’m in such a good workout groove right now I need to remember the high so I can get back at it as soon as I return.

Back at the little college gym. Bench pressing, probably going to work up to a heavy single. Then some back off sets. Probably some tris and bis accessories after that. I dunno.

Back and biceps today. Pushed a few more reps than last week on each set, which feels good now that it's over.

#126 today - Death by 10m shuttle run. My retirement from running is not going as planned. Made it to minute 18 before having to slow down though which is a new PB.

Rest day for me and i feel like I kind of earned it. Moved up in weights on both my Monday and Tuesday workouts and feel pretty awesome about it!

Just want to take a moment and say how awesome you all have been in this thread. Last year we topped out at 54 pages for the entire year, and this year we're already up to 21! So glad so many have jumped in, and hope that this continues throughout the year. I know it has been personally very motivating, so lets all keep it going!

My neck was killing me today so I didn’t work out and I’m super bummed about it. I am really into my workouts lately, and I have a fairly busy rest of the week but I will make sure I get a workout in tomorrow and Friday.

I am going to be doing some traveling next week so I won’t get any workouts in, which also makes me super sad since I’m in such a good workout groove right now I need to remember the high so I can get back at it as soon as I return.
Definitely take a rest day if your hurting, you don't want to hurt yourself even more by pushing it.
As for next week, there's always home workout style workouts or hotel gyms to get in some movement. It may not be where you want it but something is better than nothing. Even if your able to go for a walk.

Just want to take a moment and say how awesome you all have been in this thread. Last year we topped out at 54 pages for the entire year, and this year we're already up to 21! So glad so many have jumped in, and hope that this continues throughout the year. I know it has been personally very motivating, so lets all keep it going!

I totally agree, I find this thread super motivating, and sometimes when I don't feel like working out I will come to this thread and read some posts and that is all I need to get off my lazy bum and get into the gym. So thank you to all of you for keeping me on track, even if you don't realize you are.

Definitely take a rest day if your hurting, you don't want to hurt yourself even more by pushing it.
As for next week, there's always home workout style workouts or hotel gyms to get in some movement. It may not be where you want it but something is better than nothing. Even if your able to go for a walk.

I always tell myself I will workout when I am out of town, and yet I have never done it haha. I am just going to tell myself this is a rest week for my muscles which are pretty sore and that there are no excuses, I will be back at it that following Monday. I just hate losing progress, especially when I just started to get it back, but such is life.

I have been setting small micro goals for myself, and it knocks me down a little when I don't reach them, especially due to circumstances outside my control, but I just need to stay positive and stay the course. It is just going to take me longer to get to where I want to be then when I had originally hoped. But I will get there, I absolutely refuse to give up!

I have been setting small micro goals for myself, and it knocks me down a little when I don't reach them, especially due to circumstances outside my control, but I just need to stay positive and stay the course. It is just going to take me longer to get to where I want to be then when I had originally hoped. But I will get there, I absolutely refuse to give up!
Small goals that work towards your overall goal is the perfect way to be successful. Timing might be pushed slightly, but you know you're on the right path.
You got this 💪

Had field hockey last night.. the team that played the second game (after mine) was short players so I stayed to help out.
View attachment 9063198
Have to love those 2nd games, where by the end it feels like you're legs wont do what your mind tells them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back