2022 Hurricane Season Thread

That’s fairly surprising this soon, but you guys got a lot of storms unrelated to this today, and the wind Is picking up.
Yep I’m out right now and a lot of branches down. Neighbor around the corner has a partial tree go through his screen into his pool.

So with the storm surge being off the southeast side, did the Naples to Ft. Myers area get the worst if it? Haven't heard from our friends in North Port but it looked like the eye just caught them... hope everyone is safe.

Just wow

See everyone on the flip side!!! Stay safe tonight

I really feel for guys in the area or with family in the area. The unknown is misery.

we aren’t living at our house right now, it’s being renovated. so we’re northwest of downtown orlando, and so far it’s been ok. lots of rain, occasional wind i’d ballpark in the 40-50mph range. i think the worst will come through in about 4-6 hours. we still have power which is surprising.

Hope everyone in the path is staying safe. always crazy to watch these things from a far. Thinking of you all down there.

we lost power about 30 mins ago

Ian is now a tropical storm as it continues on land.

Ian is now a tropical storm as it continues on land.
Just read that. I will be peaking outside to see if I need to drain any water from the pool.

Looks like the worst of it is over in the west coast. Hang in there east coast, just a bit of wind and rain at this point. Y’all got this.

I got Arrow to go out back and do his business. Thats a big win.

We are just pretty windy with moderate rain. Nothing major here so far.

Looks like the worst of it is over in the west coast. Hang in there east coast, just a bit of wind and rain at this point. Y’all got this.
How are you hanging in over there?

How are you hanging in over there?
I scooted out of town to take care of a sick girlfriend as we had travel already planned and I got out juuuuust in time.

I can see my echo device is online, so there’s power. 24hr rain total only shows a few inches so nothing terrible. Giant bullets dodged.

Local news just reported that the fatalities in Lee county (Ft. Meyers area) are expected to be in the 100s ☹

Edit: this was sourced from the sheriff for Lee County directly. He just corrected himself and stated that the number could not be confirmed, so he seemed to walk his statement back. Which is good news.

Edit 2: this was just stated again, so I don’t know whether it is confirmed or not. I hope it’s wrong, but the pictures and videos are not looking good. Here is a picture from the news:

28E2CC8C-FE1E-49B0-AD35-FFFD6087486D.jpeg

Last edited:
Local news just reported that the fatalities in Lee county (Ft. Meyers area) are expected to be in the 100s ☹

Terrible. We were in FMB this last March and I am pretty sure the house we stayed in was under water based on video of Estero. Surely was terrifying for anybody that stayed.

That is awful…

Back