Tour Event 2024 Mexico Open at Vidanta

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last Year's Winner was Tony Finau

Wish the tour would move this back to Doral. Doesn't seem to be much interest since it's gone to Mexico.

I'd think Tony will contend again!

After last weekend and Riviera I'll honestly say I have no interest in this event. Maybe because of the course I'm not familiar with or because its in Mexico but probably won't be tuning in

After last weekend and Riviera I'll honestly say I have no interest in this event. Maybe because of the course I'm not familiar with or because its in Mexico but probably won't be tuning in
Add in the field. The PGA Tour can’t be proud of this field. Calling it weak and lacking in star power is an understatement. But, because I watch golf and it’s still winter here, I’ll tune in at some point.

Wish the tour would move this back to Doral. Doesn't seem to be much interest since it's gone to Mexico.

I'd think Tony will contend again!
I think Doral would draw a much stronger field. This is a very weak field for a PGA Tour event. Finau is clearly the star in this field.

My exact thoughts, going to be down week for golf excitement on Tour.

Beautiful course, would be fun to play. Funny that it is designed by Greg Norman.

Will probably watch some in the background but not excited for this like the last few tournaments.

The course looks nice enough. Maybe we’ll see a first time winner out of this one

I’ll watch because I prefer watching golf to not watching golf.

But, I anticipate a weak arse field.

I agree. Hardly ever watch this event

This will be an event where I tune in Sunday for the last hour of the back 9 to see who’s in contention. If I don’t see Finau, I’ll probably tune out.

Hopefully Finau contends and is in one of the last groups on Sunday

Hopefully Finau contends and is in one of the last groups on Sunday
Im a Tony fan, but I am just curious how he would fare with clubs that were just sliiiiiiightly a bit longer for his height.

I enjoyed it last year and will watch again. Doesn't bother me who's playing.

At 180, I can’t say I’ve ever seen a field rating so low. Maybe if I look back to an old Honda classic….

Im a Tony fan, but I am just curious how he would fare with clubs that were just sliiiiiiightly a bit longer for his height.
Haha same! He’s a cool cat, would love to see him win more.

Haha same! He’s a cool cat, would love to see him win more.
Definitely a cool cat, always is so even keel out there.

Loved the Tour and LIV at Mayakoba. Vidanta is just ok to me. Golf is golf so I'll watch a little but won't be glued to it. No offense to Hideki, but I haven't been excited about any of the winners this year. I had to explain who Grayson Murray and Chris Kirk were to my wife when they won. No clue who Pavon was until he won.

Field is abysmal. Finau should have a good shot if his game is up to par.

LIV missed a big opportunity scheduling events after PGA designated events.

Have no interest in this weeks event . Very weak field if it was at Doral I would watch it .

I'll watch a little, because I love to see beautiful golf courses.

As for the field . . . . . meh.

Is Bones on the mic? Did I hear that right?

Nice putt from Finau.

I tried watching. It didn’t hold my interest. I’ll give the final round a watch tomorrow.

Back