adidas Ultimate Shorts - THP Review

Definitely debating these to wear with some of my non puma or nike shirts.

Here comes another order from me hahaha. Nice deal!

You and me both! I've been on the fence for a while on these, but this deal sold me. Have a pink pair and a mint pair coming my way.

Added the mineral blue and shock mint ultimate solids to the collection thanks to that CarlsGolfLand deal. I really like both pairs. The shock mint is pretty relaxed.. Not sure why they went with the word "shock" because I'd say it's softer in colour overall, but I am a big fan.

These might actually be brought into my regular wardrobe at this point with how comfortable and good they look. Certainly light enough to breath in the warmer months but not awkward soft like silk or crunchy like some of the older material we've seen.

I am very impressed.... Short of buying a pair of the chinos, I think I'm done now.

Blah blah blah blah I hate you Dan.

I have two pair now. Thanks a ton.

Blah blah blah blah I hate you Dan.

I have two pair now. Thanks a ton.
Hahaha i was just scouring the bay as well

Decided to give these a shot, ordered a pair of pink tonight. Im expecting to be wowed

These were on sale at Dicks during their "big golf sale" recently. Almost picked up a pair. May still.

Decided to give these a shot, ordered a pair of pink tonight. Im expecting to be wowed

got my pink shorts in today, they are eye catching. Did anybody see Justin Thomas today at the US Open? these are that color.

Can't wait to bust them out! Also, these are officially my number 1 shorts. So freaking fantastic.

who,would have imagined a hawk style ponder on some shorts. Regarding size are they same as nike or puma?
I wear the same size as I do in nike

who,would have imagined a hawk style ponder on some shorts. Regarding size are they same as nike or puma?

I find them to fit a little more loose than former year adidas and maybe aligned with puma but it's really hard to compare when the waist stretches.

I find them to fit a little more loose than former year adidas and maybe aligned with puma but it's really hard to compare when the waist stretches.

I'm taking my chances with the 30 si xr they didn't go smaller. If they are close to puma then I should be ok. Nike seems to run with vanity waists

I hate you Dan.

The heather grey are my favorite golf shorts that I own already I think. Wore them today in 109 heat index, and they were awesome.

those of you who own these and have owned other adidas shorts, is the sizing similar? I have some 36 adidas that are a bit loose, but thinking if these are a slimmer fit that might be the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. The sizing is the same. I ca. Say that I am in the minority of not being as in love with these as everybody else. Decent, but not my favorite. For me they are better than the stuff brands like UA and Nike are putting out right now, but still behind the stuff that I recently got from Puma and Peter Millar.

I hate you Dan.

The heather grey are my favorite golf shorts that I own already I think. Wore them today in 109 heat index, and they were awesome.

haha, buy more. Dare you.

those of you who own these and have owned other adidas shorts, is the sizing similar? I have some 36 adidas that are a bit loose, but thinking if these are a slimmer fit that might be the way to go.

Depends on the year. I've got a few different years worth of adidas here, and I feel like the sizes change every year for them. In fact I have three years worth (had I suppose), one was notably shorter and snug, one was normal length and loose, and one was slightly longer and snug (oldest).

By comparison to a majority of brands and what I define to be accurate waist sizing, the ultimate's are very in line with expectations, with the stretch waist offering some nice give. out of the 9/10 that I own, I think only one pair is a touch tighter and it's not even an issue.

Also, to the comments about comparisons to other brands, my thoughts are quite limited to the typical apparel you can find off the shelf. Better/lighter than nike/UA, better/softer material than puma. The only non-standard brand I've owned are Sligo and Cross, and these are much nicer than both.

I bought a pair from golfsmith and the back pockets were sewn shut with very light thread. Is this normal or did I buy a defective pair? Lol. Thread was easily torn and pockets made accessible

I bought a pair from golfsmith and the back pockets were sewn shut with very light thread. Is this normal or did I buy a defective pair? Lol. Thread was easily torn and pockets made accessible
That's normal (I think) both pairs of Ultimate I got were like that. I have seen companies do this from time to time, no idea why though.

That's normal (I think) both pairs of Ultimate I got were like that. I have seen companies do this from time to time, no idea why though.
Haha good to know. I won't be surprised next time. I agree with you that I don't understand why they do it. The shorts themselves are very comfortable. The pocket lining material is not what I like but the trade off is lighter/cooler feel so I can get behind that

Back