American Horror Story - Asylum

FrankA

Catch ya on the flip side
Reaction score
Love FX Shows

About the show...
Set in 1964,
American Horror Story: Asylum
takes us into a Church-run haven for the criminally insane, ruled with an iron fist by Sister Jude (Jessica Lange), a nun with a troubled past. Inside this locked down facility, danger lurks around every corner. From Nazis and serial killers, to mutants and aliens, no one is safe inside these walls. Starring Jessica Lange as “Sister Jude”, Sarah Paulson as “Lana Winters”, James Cromwell as “Dr. Arthur Arden,” Evan Peters as “Kit Walker,” Lily Rabe as “Sister Mary Eunice,” Lizzie Brocheré as “Grace,” Zachary Quinto as “Dr. Oliver Thredson,” and Joseph Fiennes as “Monsignor Timothy Howard.” Guest stars for the miniseries will include Frances Conroy, Chloe Sevigny, Adam Levine and Mark Consuelos.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Shutter Island.

Reminds me of work...haha

This new show starts on FX on Wednesday. I always have to give the FX shows a shot because they are usually well done and I enjoy them. This one seems right up my alley.

About the show...
Set in 1964,
American Horror Story: Asylum
takes us into a Church-run haven for the criminally insane, ruled with an iron fist by Sister Jude (Jessica Lange), a nun with a troubled past. Inside this locked down facility, danger lurks around every corner. From Nazis and serial killers, to mutants and aliens, no one is safe inside these walls. Starring Jessica Lange as “Sister Jude”, Sarah Paulson as “Lana Winters”, James Cromwell as “Dr. Arthur Arden,” Evan Peters as “Kit Walker,” Lily Rabe as “Sister Mary Eunice,” Lizzie Brocheré as “Grace,” Zachary Quinto as “Dr. Oliver Thredson,” and Joseph Fiennes as “Monsignor Timothy Howard.” Guest stars for the miniseries will include Frances Conroy, Chloe Sevigny, Adam Levine and Mark Consuelos.

Was there a previous American Horror Story series, or am I thinking of American Gothic, a show I wanted to watch but somehow didn't? I think I need to DVR this, but Wednesday sucks up a lot of DVR time.

Kevin

Was there a previous American Horror Story series, or am I thinking of American Gothic, a show I wanted to watch but somehow didn't? I think I need to DVR this, but Wednesday sucks up a lot of DVR time.

Kevin

Yes, They did American Horror story last year about a haunted house near LA and a therapist and his wife and daughter that moved into it...it's the same series, it's just they are moving to a new haunted location this year.

Kevin the good thing about FX is they usually have a 10p and 11p show. So you DVR the 11pm show and don't have to mess up the rest of your recordings.

Nazis and aliens? I may have to watch this.

Kevin the good thing about FX is they usually have a 10p and 11p show. So you DVR the 11pm show and don't have to mess up the rest of your recordings.

Looks like 9:00 is clear on the DVR machine. From reading Wiki, I should be able to enjoy this one without seeing the first series. I like Jessica Lange.

Kevin

Yep, I do that with almost all FX shows, SOA, Justified, Ect

Interesting. DVR is set!

I think it has potential

Would I be lost if I didn't watch the first one

Damn well I'll think about watching the first season then.

If you mean the first season I dont think so. Looks like this is one of those shows that sort of resets itself each year. This year looks to have nothing to do with last year. I could be wrong though. And this show was on last season BTW, this is season two.

Ya I meant the first season. If that's the case then I will watch this. The Nazi's and aliens thing hooked me.

Yeah, sorry. I'm just starting from this point. I like asylums.

Ya I meant the first season. If that's the case then I will watch this. The Nazi's and aliens thing hooked me.

Ive been trying to figure it out but its hard to tell from the trailers if its totally new or carries over. Looks like its all new to me. Once the first episode comes on we'll be able to tell. Last season all happened in one house though, not an Asylum.

Ive been trying to figure it out but its hard to tell from the trailers if its totally new or carries over. Looks like its all new to me. Once the first episode comes on we'll be able to tell. Last season all happened in one house though, not an Asylum.

Some of the actors are the same, but they are playing different characters. The story is different per Wiki.

Kevin

Loved the show last year and can't wait for this season. Man the opening credits last year were a creepfest!

Is it awful that I missed the show last year and thought this was new. I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on last October that I missed it and then I remembered I got married last October and it was stressful.

LOL @ Frank forgetting he got married. We watched this last night, what a freaky show but good. I think it had 3 sex scenes in the first 5 minutes, always a good thing, imo. It got a little hard to follow later in the show when it got serious but going to keep watching because its such a different and unique show.

My girlfriend was ecstatic that this was starting again. I had not seen the first season, but after the episode the other night I'm definitely on board to watch this season. Plus, it takes place at the mental asylum that is about 30 minutes from my house...place is still creepy!

Back