Android Phone Thread

Just downloaded this and going to give it a try. I already like the swipe to archive feature that disappeared from Hangouts after the last update.

Thanks for posting!
No problem. Loved using Hangouts for text and other things but didn't like no customization. So this has some of that

Google Messenger you say? I will check it out

I was pretty impressed with the stock G3 keyboard, but downloaded Swiftkey anyway. Might go back to the stock one.

Looking for a new phone, not really up on what's coming out. Thinking about iphone 6+ because it would be a good size to watch vids at work, but not sure if it it's too big to wear on a sideways belt clip...

So perhaps an S6 cause decent camera and 4k video capture. Can this do slo-mo vids of golf swing like iphone? Is that camera lens sticking out on the back gonna break when I drop it?

Is a note 5 in sight? any other verizon suggestions?

Looking for a new phone, not really up on what's coming out. Thinking about iphone 6+ because it would be a good size to watch vids at work, but not sure if it it's too big to wear on a sideways belt clip...

So perhaps an S6 cause decent camera and 4k video capture. Can this do slo-mo vids of golf swing like iphone? Is that camera lens sticking out on the back gonna break when I drop it?

Is a note 5 in sight? any other verizon suggestions?
Note 5 will be in the fall. I wouldn't sleep on the Note 4 if considering the 6+ and s6.

Love how at least one important, but not phone ruining feature always goes to sh!t on my Galaxy phones.

S3 was the on/off button.
S4 is the memory card slot. Won't seat and format the card. Ironically, that's about the only reason I got the phone. Of course, the internet has many reports of it, but Samsung hasn't heard of a single one.

Loving lollipop on my g2. So smooth

Weird that the G2 update dropped before everyone with a G3 got one. Still KitKat on my G3. :(

Love how at least one important, but not phone ruining feature always goes to sh!t on my Galaxy phones.

S4 is the memory card slot. Won't seat and format the card. Ironically, that's about the only reason I got the phone. Of course, the internet has many reports of it, but Samsung hasn't heard of a single one.

Weird, my wife has the S4 and I tried to pick up a card for her as well and it didnt work and she is flipping out cause cant add apps or take pics until memory is cleared or added

Weird, my wife has the S4 and I tried to pick up a card for her as well and it didnt work and she is flipping out cause cant add apps or take pics until memory is cleared or added

Yep, that's the one. So lame and I know if I call Verizon they are going to want me to hard reset the damn thing and I just don't have the desire to do that, epecially since it never works.

Yep, that's the one. So lame and I know if I call Verizon they are going to want me to hard reset the damn thing and I just don't have the desire to do that, epecially since it never works.

yep, good news is she isnt do for an upgrade for another year lol, and has a light crack in hers

yep, good news is she isnt do for an upgrade for another year lol, and has a light crack in hers

I'm on edge, so I guess I could just get another phone. We'll see.

Right now I'm dumping pics and vids onto my laptop to free up space.

I'm on edge, so I guess I could just get another phone. We'll see.

Right now I'm dumping pics and vids onto my laptop to free up space.

yeah she is going to have to do the same.

Worse case Im due for an upgrade in May and will give her mine....or sell it lol

That has been a minor problem with mine, it will randomly stop recognizing mine. More annoying than anything

That has been a minor problem with mine, it will randomly stop recognizing mine. More annoying than anything

Mine just won't recognize it period at this point.

I get glitches, but I don't understand why you can't ever get a solution or fix to them. Deny, deny, deny.

I have an S4 and there is a micro SD slot in where the battery goes. Once installed you can drag and drop the files using Windows like you would any device. If its a mac use Android File Tranfer which is free (https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/filetransfer/) Pretty simple.

The problem is that the phone won't recognize the card in the slot.

The problem is that the phone won't recognize the card in the slot.

I misread Mike's post. I have an S4 and ocassionally it doesnt recognize my card. I have to take the card out, reboot and put it back in and it fixes it. There are ways to offload data from the device mobile.

Oh, I gotcha. Yea, that's how I got pics and vids off mine. Just annoying that I even had to do it you know? I got the SD card for a reason and it wasn't so I couldn't use it and had to put all my phone pics on a damn computer. Stupid Samsung.

I misread Mike's post. I have an S4 and ocassionally it doesnt recognize my card. I have to take the card out, reboot and put it back in and it fixes it. There are ways to offload data from the device mobile.

yeah sorry mine is fine, its the one I bought for her that doesnt work. Then it doesnt work in mine or the dude at the stores, maybe its a bad card, who knows

Oh, I gotcha. Yea, that's how I got pics and vids off mine. Just annoying that I even had to do it you know? I got the SD card for a reason and it wasn't so I couldn't use it and had to put all my phone pics on a damn computer. Stupid Samsung.

Yeah I am not available for an upgrade until September. I was really happy with the S4 when I got it but man is it a piece of garbage right now. Slow, constantly needing to be rebooted, memory card having to be reseated once in a while. Like you said, I can do a hard reset but I dont have the patience for that crap.

yeah sorry mine is fine, its the one I bought for her that doesnt work. Then it doesnt work in mine or the dude at the stores, maybe its a bad card, who knows

Dumb question but you formatted the card right?

I've not been impressed by the Galaxy's at all long-term. Guess I'll look elsewhere next time.

Maybe I'll go back to Motorola so my screen won't work if it's anywhere above 30% humidity.

Dumb question but you formatted the card right?
Tried but kept getting error. Tried it on my phone then and robs and still same issue which is why I'm hoping it was just a crappy card

Back