Android Phone Thread

Going to drain the battery all the way and see if I can notice any battery life improvements. Had to charge at work as per usual but the actual update crushed the battery. It was a beast of an update

I use the OnePlus One. I recently flashed it with the new OxygenOS, pretty darn close to a plain vanilla Lollipop experience- no bloatware. The battery life is amazing, snappy response due to robust hardware (at a great price), camera is very good, reception is good. The only complaint I have thus far is random slowness using WiFi, this started after installing OxygenOS/Android 5.0. Hopefully they will correct it in a future update.
rafdo, I've been doing a bunch of reviews of the opo and if you don't mind may pm you some questions later about what I read or hear in those reviews.

Went with the s6 for me and the Droid Turbo for the wife. With the extra trade in credit I got for the s6 it made it a no brainer. The Nexus and Note were just too big for me to be comfortable with. My wife doesn't need the craziest performance but the battery life won her over.

Just an FYI - Verizon changed their data plans and will upgrade people free of charge if you call.

I went from 6gb to 10gb for the same price.

Just an FYI - Verizon changed their data plans and will upgrade people free of charge if you call.

very nice. I remember they did something like that about 3-4 months ago too. I'll have to check it out, thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure that it wasn't 3-4 months ago. I just figured it out by reading my overage text. It said you can upgrade for $0 and I thought I was seeing things.

Yeah, they took me from 10gb to 15gb for no charge a couple months ago. I actually got close to my data limit and they sent me a text asking if I wanted to add 5gb for $0.00. Reply YES to upgrade. That was pretty much a no brainer. I also get a free gig because of my tablet, so I have 16gb a month. I don't worry about data usage anymore.

Wake,

My son said that the first couple days with the Nexus 6, the battery life wasn't that great. But after charging and killing it a couple times, he said the battery life is outstanding now.

Yeah, they took me from 10gb to 15gb for no charge a couple months ago. I actually got close to my data limit and they sent me a text asking if I wanted to add 5gb for $0.00. Reply YES to upgrade. That was pretty much a no brainer. I also get a free gig because of my tablet, so I have 16gb a month. I don't worry about data usage anymore.

I was skeptical like always, so I called rather than reply.

Now that I have 10gb I figure I'll just burn it like I did when I went to 6gb. Just like money. The more I have the more I spend.

Do people really use that much data? I mean Im on my phone as much as the next guy and barely sniff 2 GB, granted Im on wifi most of the day.

Do people really use that much data? I mean Im on my phone as much as the next guy and barely sniff 2 GB, granted Im on wifi most of the day.

I do. I tether quite a bit though.

Wake,

My son said that the first couple days with the Nexus 6, the battery life wasn't that great. But after charging and killing it a couple times, he said the battery life is outstanding now.
If mine gets better from here I will be very pleased. It has been very good so far. I'm seeing 4-5 hours of screen life while traveling through the back roads, I know it's having to search for signal a good bit. I don't think I will have any problems reaching two full days of moderate use

same here. Heck we share 2GB and have only really came close once.

I typically use about 6gb a month. Mainly because I don't worry about usage at all anymore and I stream music and video a lot during the day. I also do research on my tablet for school while I'm out.

It's like Hawk said, the more you have, the more you use. Just because you have it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We will see if that holds true for us we just went from 2gb to 6gb for the same price. We never even got close to 2gb so 6gb is a stretch but I guess more streaming Pandora in the car once my free trial of Sirius Xm is over or they wont renew me for the 5 months for $20 deal.

I do too. Uploading pictures, and tethering will do it.

Yea and I can't complain about it too much, because the tethering is a lifeline for me in many places for THP work.

I activated my phone Thursday night, and have used 2.9 gigs since getting it. That is more than normal for me, but I do use 7-10 gigs a month

So what operating system should I have? It's all so confusing with this android phone

So what operating system should I have? It's all so confusing with this android phone

It all depends on the phone manufacturer and provider.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Probably 5.0.1

Android Phone Thread

You and me both Freddie. I have been following this thread for two weeks and have no idea where to start or what to consider.

Staying with IOS and going to IPhone 6 seems like the safe choice.

But I have this nagging feeling I would be missing out on a whole new all be it confusing world.

If you figure it out...let me know please :)

I am usually around 5 gigs per month. The reason being is I can not use the Wifi while at work so thats when a big chunk of my data usage occurs

I think all the different OS's on Android are confusing to many. However, all I ever ask is that my phone works how I want it to. Whether I have the latest and greatest in android verison, or I have an older KitKat version, I just want it to work. If I was really worried about what version is installed, I would just root my phone and install a custom rom and keep it updated myself.

Back