Another n0oB... Memphis area...

Ringer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello THP,

I'm Alan, and I've registered at the request of a few other local members.

I just turned 42 a few weeks ago, and have been slashing around at the little white ball for 30 years. Started playing in between 7th and 8th grade, and the game's grip has never released me. I played on my high school team and didn't have the game (or the brains!) during my college years. As I got my career/life in order, golf was something that I kept doing but wasn't too serious about.

In 2008, I decided to recommit myself to the game. I *used to* be a decent player, but never really tried too hard to be better. A rather wild long game was saved by my short game, and that formula just isn't consistent enough week in, week out.

For the past 5 years, my work ethic for useful practice has improved. I began to ask the question "why?" often, and practice became something deeper than just machine-gunning balls at the range. At present, my game now is better than ever. I'm not as long as the youngsters anymore, but substitute some wisdom for that. More important than anything, I do not let this game anger me like it did in my younger years.

I play a bit of amateur tournament golf and good number of fund-raiser scrambles.

My day job is running a small aftermarket parts business. I get to be around some really nice cars, and build parts for them. It's challenging, but allows me to be creative.

After 13 years of dropping hints, I was finally able to convince my wife to play golf. She's been at it for about 4 years now, and she is my prize "pupil". It is fun to watch her learn the game and help her improve. She doesn't aspire to anything more than recreational play, and that's just fine. It's great to have her with me on the course, and it doesn't hurt to have her smashing drives from the forward tees during scrambles!

Sorry for the novel. Back to reading some threads...

Welcome to the forum Alan!

Welcome to THP Alan! You are going to LOVE it!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to ThP.

:welcome: Alan.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the team!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard

Welcome!!

:welcome: nice intro Alan.