Applying to College

My early decision app goes out to Cornell this weekend. I want to be an engineer.

My son's only a junior in HS but he also wants to be an engineer so Cornell is high on his list, too. Good luck!

Plz oh plz take this simple piece of advice. Apply to as many as possible. I made the mistake of only applying to two and was stuck with the one that was 2nd on my list and thus i dropped out after a year. Dont make the same mistakes i did. Ur list is long and impressive so apply to them all

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Choosing a school was extremely stressful for me. My top choice was out of state (Auburn). I was in love with everything about the school, the only thing holding me back was the money. I could go to any public university in Fl and pretty much be paid to go to school, I had a good scholarship to Auburn, but due to it being out of state it didn't quite cover all of the tuition, and left me and my parents to cover the rest of the expenses. Made for a tough decision. I chose Auburn and don't regret it one bit (althought I ended up graduating from somewhere else... due to expenses).

I agree with everyone else, don't get yourself in a ton of debt. You will choose a high priced school for their engineering program, decide you don't want to be an engineer, and come out of school with a education degree and 100K in debt. It's just not worth it.

My reccomendation is pick your school based on where you want to spend the next 4 years of your life. Of course you have to consider how their engineering program is. But most people change majors, you will be more likely to finish your chosen path if you love where you are at.

Good luck.

Just finished Montevallo's application. Relatively painless really.

Good luck Damaikis! Deciding which college to go to is a big decision. Once you do it will go by faster than you think! I only have a year and a half left, and while it seems so far away I'm sure it will be here before I know it! Hope you get your first choice!

Got into Rutgers and Clemson (giving me 15K per year) so far.

Great work man, 15k a year is a ton of jack.

Yeah and that could end up making my decision for me. I have to see where else I get in and money and stuff there, but that could be it.

Congratulations!!
Is that from both schools or 1. I would imagine 15K would go a lot farther at Clemson.

Any word from UPenn? Congrats on Rutgers and Clemson!

Congrats man! If you make a decision by the April outing I just might have to pull some strings for a youngin like yourself that weekend haha
Regardless I've got a neighbor who goes to USC down there and enjoys the heck out of it...looking into the golf program down there for them?

Or is Golf just a recreation thing for you?

Nice work! I'm sure you'll get into other places after late March or early April when other schools make their admission notifications. The money is really nice, but don't let it be the only thing that makes your decision.

Congrats D - great start man!!

Thanks guys. I think the rest of my schools (save Case Western in March) are early April. No collegiate golf for me. I think the only school on my list I might have been able to play for was Cornell.

Thanks guys. I think the rest of my schools (save Case Western in March) are early April. No collegiate golf for me. I think the only school on my list I might have been able to play for was Cornell.

Who says you can't walk on? You come off as a great and smart kid I'm sure in SC you can find plenty of time to get rounds in. I nearly considered transferring to Coastal Carolina just to try and walk on and if I didn't make it I'd be fine since it's myrtle beach.
Don't count yourself out of anything man things happen.

Who says you can't walk on? You come off as a great and smart kid I'm sure in SC you can find plenty of time to get rounds in. I nearly considered transferring to Coastal Carolina just to try and walk on and if I didn't make it I'd be fine since it's myrtle beach.
Don't count yourself out of anything man things happen.

I know, but their scores are just too low. They're hovering in the mid to low 70s and I have yet to break 80. I hope to improve a bunch this coming season, but it'll still be tough.

I know, but their scores are just too low. They're hovering in the mid to low 70s and I have yet to break 80. I hope to improve a bunch this coming season, but it'll still be tough.

Sure scores can/do play a major role(along with a tournament resume) but if you show a coach your a hard worker and willing to go the extra mile anything is possible. Sure you might not be able to walk on this year but that gives you another full year to prepare. Plus you don't need college golf to make it to the pros(this is just my route I'm taking) I have some fall backs planned. You just need self motivation and the possibilities will come to you.

Regardless I can't wait to meet you in person and if it's no bother I can't wait to see you swing and talk about this(April can't come quick enough). It's really your decision and lucky for you, you have plenty of time to make that decision haha

Sure scores can/do play a major role(along with a tournament resume) but if you show a coach your a hard worker and willing to go the extra mile anything is possible. Sure you might not be able to walk on this year but that gives you another full year to prepare. Plus you don't need college golf to make it to the pros(this is just my route I'm taking) I have some fall backs planned. You just need self motivation and the possibilities will come to you.

Regardless I can't wait to meet you in person and if it's no bother I can't wait to see you swing and talk about this(April can't come quick enough). It's really your decision and lucky for you, you have plenty of time to make that decision haha

Thanks dude, that means a bunch. One of the best parts about Clemson is that every weekend they have an intermural golf tournament. That would be really fun.

Good luck! Your taste in hockey teams most certainly tells me that you're going to have a prosperous collegiate experience.

I'd imagine Clemson could provide you with some pretty good times.

I know my brother had a bunch of great times at Clemson...and I think he even remembers a couple of them.

Seriously though, congratulations on the acceptances, and the scholarship money offer. I know Clemson has a pretty nice golf course right there by the football stadium.

Well I got rejected from McGill which honestly surprised the crap out of me since my sister got in and I have better grades than she did. Oh well. I didn't want to go live with Canadians anyways.

I hear from Case Western and Georgia Tech this weekend. UPenn isn't until March 29, and the rest should be somewhere in between.

Back