Arnold Palmer Invitational Thread (Spoilers)

I wanted to make a joke about JN using the term blowhard but this is a family forum.

Just messing with ya bud.

I wanted to make a joke about JN using the term blowhard but this is a family forum.

Just messing with ya bud.

No problem. I resemble that remark.

Just got done watching the final round on DVR. Awesome!

Lol, feel free to make fat jokes and hipster jokes. I definitely resemble those remarks.

Does anyone else find it a bit "ironic" when someone calls themselves a hipster? just messin.

I was hoping for a closer contest in the final round. Shame only one of the top 4 on the board got off to an acceptable start!

I was hoping for a closer contest in the final round. Shame only one of the top 4 on the board got off to an acceptable start!

I think we all were, a late charge or more guys sinking birds. Tough pins though!

It almost seemed like the old days for Eldrick.,...he was on top and everybody else imploded...how many times did we see that in the past?? Don't get me wrong.,..this is not a "hater" post....but years ago, he "scared" people into not playing their best in final rounds and that is kinda what happened yesterday....I would have like to see sombody make a serious run at him to see how he held up.

I think we all were, a late charge or more guys sinking birds. Tough pins though!

The pin positions were incredibly tough. Anyone shooting under par yesterday definitely earned their paycheck. With that set up, it was always going to be about how much control and nerve Tiger had, and he had a lot.

It almost seemed like the old days for Eldrick.,...he was on top and everybody else imploded...how many times did we see that in the past?? Don't get me wrong.,..this is not a "hater" post....but years ago, he "scared" people into not playing their best in final rounds and that is kinda what happened yesterday....I would have like to see sombody make a serious run at him to see how he held up.

I think he just played smart from the front. You never lose the experience of being able to close out a win, and he showed that. Although that's maybe a bit harsh, because he still put together a round under par - which wasn't easy this Sunday. It was a patient display, and as I said above, given the pin positions and wind conditions, it was always going to be really tough for anyone to get to -5 or -6 for the day.

The pin positions were incredibly tough. Anyone shooting under par yesterday definitely earned their paycheck. With that set up, it was always going to be about how much control and nerve Tiger had, and he had a lot.

I think he just played smart from the front. You never lose the experience of being able to close out a win, and he showed that. Although that's maybe a bit harsh, because he still put together a round under par - which wasn't easy this Sunday. It was a patient display, and as I said above, given the pin positions and wind conditions, it was always going to be really tough for anyone to get to -5 or -6 for the day.

I don't disagree that he played well yesterday and earned it...I just wish somebody would have made a run to see how he handled it, I mean the pressure eased up so much when G-Mac doubled the first hole!

I don't disagree that he played well yesterday and earned it...I just wish somebody would have made a run to see how he handled it, I mean the pressure eased up so much when G-Mac doubled the first hole!

I hear ya. Frustrated me beyond belief cos I'd just settled in for a good night of competitive golf! Instead I got Johnny Miller trying not to spill his tongue on to the table while everyone else with a mic told us how great Tiger was.

I don't want to discount his win because I like Tiger, and I want to see him win more again. However, I want to see him win again against the top 3 guys in the world. I still don't know if Tiger would have been beat even if those guys were playing this week because we heard several golfers talking about how hard the course was playing. I believe even GMac said Saturday that it was playing like a US Open. But you can never count out McIlroy, Westwood, or Donald on Sundays. Well, at least Donald and McIlroy. I'm happy to see Tiger win and I think his form is looking good and his short game is improving, but I won't believe it until he beats those guys a few times at some big tournaments. I'm really looking forward to the Masters, I have a feeling its going to be a battle from start to finish.

Poor Arnie, hope he gets well soon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Each day he had 1 of the 5 lowest scoring rounds, only 2 people shot a better round on Friday, he led all but 1 stat they showed on TV and he won by the largest margin since Rory won the US Open with, yeah it was a nice week for Tiger. Pretty hard not to say this was a decisive win with numbers like that and on a course playing as hard as it was. Having Donald, Rory or Westwood there wouldn't have mattered I think, as Rory has never played the tournament, Donald only once or twice and Westy a few times over the years. Westy usually has a top 20 finish, but never contending for the win here.

Augusta will surely be interesting to watch this year. Not just for Tiger, but there are many stories that will intrigue many. WIll Rory overcome last years final round, will another relative unknown to the US fans come out and win it with a finish like last years, will Phil the thrill dominate like his last win? So many scenarios to play out this year, it will be exciting.

I don't want to discount his win because I like Tiger, and I want to see him win more again. However, I want to see him win again against the top 3 guys in the world. I still don't know if Tiger would have been beat even if those guys were playing this week because we heard several golfers talking about how hard the course was playing. I believe even GMac said Saturday that it was playing like a US Open. But you can never count out McIlroy, Westwood, or Donald on Sundays. Well, at least Donald and McIlroy. I'm happy to see Tiger win and I think his form is looking good and his short game is improving, but I won't believe it until he beats those guys a few times at some big tournaments. I'm really looking forward to the Masters, I have a feeling its going to be a battle from start to finish.

I bolded what made me chuckle even before i saw you finish your thoughts. I'm a huge Westy fan too. I dont know dude. People get so caught up in the rankings. They're a sham. I look at who is playing good golf right now and he certainly held his own against a tough field.

I bolded what made me chuckle even before i saw you finish your thoughts. I'm a huge Westy fan too. I dont know dude. People get so caught up in the rankings. They're a sham. I look at who is playing good golf right now and he certainly held his own against a tough field.

I think of the three I mentioned McIlroy would have been one who could have given him a run for his money. Lately it seems McIlroy is the one charging on Sundays like Tiger used to. I think, and HOPE, that this year we see a lot of McIlroy/Woods Sunday battles, I think it would add a lot of excitement to golf and really get the "who is the better golfer" debate heated up.

I think of the three I mentioned McIlroy would have been one who could have given him a run for his money. Lately it seems McIlroy is the one charging on Sundays like Tiger used to. I think, and HOPE, that this year we see a lot of McIlroy/Woods Sunday battles, I think it would add a lot of excitement to golf and really get the "who is the better golfer" debate heated up.

I think you're right on with this one. I just hope McIlroy gets smashed and is a 50-75 ish ranked golfer the rest of his career because his ego takes such a beeting.

I think you're right on with this one. I just hope McIlroy gets smashed and is a 50-75 ish ranked golfer the rest of his career because his ego takes such a beeting.

Angry Yoccos this morning... :bomb:

I agree with this. His ego makes him seem like such a prick. Must be because he wears $100+ hats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with this. His ego makes him seem like such a prick. Must be because he wears $100+ hats.

LOL I just spit oot my Rockstar. HAHAHAHAHA.

Angry Yoccos this morning... :bomb:

LOL sorry man. I don't know where all that came from. Ilove RORs. HAHA

Ive never got the impression of an egomaniac from Rmac. Ive always been impressed with the kid. Look at last years Masters and how he bounced back.

Ive never got the impression of an egomaniac from Rmac. Ive always been impressed with the kid. Look at last years Masters and how he bounced back.

It's because you have Texas Toast sized beer goggles on for the kid. But its ok. We still cool.

I think he found a curly hair in his porridge this morning.

No way. I drink gasoline in the am because Im a man. rory isnt .

I think what got me started off on him was his Twitter account bashing all the American players and the PGA Tour. That annoyed me, and I like to hold grudges. Plus, he wears hats I cant afford, so im jealous.

Back