Ball Markers, Divot Tools & Other things we collect

*Cough*Me Too*cough*

Going to down there as well - first week at least. If he doesn't pick it up for you, I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to down there as well - first week at least. If he doesn't pick it up for you, I will.

I love you

I'm going to start collecting ball markers.. Ive always done the cliché shot glass deal, but those tend to collect dust. I know, Im using them wrong.

I'm going to start collecting ball markers.. Ive always done the cliché shot glass deal, but those tend to collect dust. I know, Im using them wrong.

You can start this weekend!

Good those Pinehurst open championship ones are gorgeous! Jealous!

I got a little envelope in the mail today, from one of my THP ATL buddies, cpljohnst. Barry is a good dude, and has been following along with my trek to scratch over the last couple weeks, and with a score I posted last week, decided to shoot a congrats card over. Included in the envelope were a couple poker chip style markers from the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.

20130911_201442.jpg

Like I said to him in a PM this afternoon, these are the types of stories I tell my family and friends about when I try to explain why THP means so much to me. To think enough of a THP friend to send out a card like that just to give support is just beyond my comprehension (of awesomeness), and I will proudly display the markers in my collection with a very cool milestone story to go along with them.

Barry, you are the man. Can't wait to get back down to your neck of the woods to buy you a wobbly pop or two and tee it up!

That's pretty awesome, Dan! Those poker chips are sweet!

Technically I sisnt "collect" it given that I made it, but i did collect the coin that it was made from.

I took a copper coin, in this case a Kendall Oil "Good Luck" token, and bought a magic coin cup online (the things used for magic tricks that make coins magnetic). I sanded off the fake face of the coin cup until it was a mirror. i then refinished the copper coin and sanded the edges until it was a snug fit into the coin cup.

Lastly I had to modify a Champ divot repairer so it can take the larger coin (its about 2mm larger than the standard markers that come with it.

And behold.....

1240354_10201011782591588_2132727930_n_zps0643735e.jpg

1240490_10201011782311581_1795263724_n_zps899c009c.jpg

1175168_10201011783071600_1332937583_n_zps222aed43.jpg

1234264_10201011783511611_1229568942_n_zps55a07ea7.jpg

Guy I just met today in a scramble just got back from Scotland and my buddy told him to grab me a marker got these two beauties.
e3e9y2uv.jpg

Those are sweet, Buck!

nice Buck!

Great job on that Selasmit, looks really good !

Picked up these this weekend.

1238215_10201874638688285_1487338926_n.jpg

Those are nice. Me likey!

Those are fantastic JH!! How did I miss that Grand Cypress marker?

Picked these up over the weekend at the same courses as JH. I have to give a big thank you to JH for hooking Canadan up. During the Saturday round I showed the Grand Cypress marker to Dan and realized I should have gotten him one. He looked like I had stolen his kidney.

Next time Dan, next time..

y8ybu7e5.jpg

Those are fantastic JH!! How did I miss that Grand Cypress marker?

There was only one of the blue Grand Cypress. I had to dig through all of them to find it.

From my local muni. The story behind the logo is that in the early and mid 70's you could play all day for a set price. Of course lots of kids would pack their way over on public transportation and play all day long fueled by hot dogs and Coke.

They became known as the Riverside Rats. Side note here, Alberta is Rat Free. The mountains for a natural barrier on one side and we actually have a rat patrol that patrols the borders and gives farmers the traps and poison they need to keep them out.

DSCN1804.JPG

DSCN1807.JPG

these are awesome maybe someday I'll make it to Alberta so I can get these.

Got this one from a local course by me. Nothing fancy but I like it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379374159314.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379374159314.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 0
Picked these up over the weekend at the same courses as JH. I have to give a big thank you to JH for hooking Canadan up. During the Saturday round I showed the Grand Cypress marker to Dan and realized I should have gotten him one. He looked like I had stolen his kidney.

Next time Dan, next time..

y8ybu7e5.jpg

hahaha I love it!!! Dude, it was nowhere near the feeling I had when you were hitting bombs to my little pellets out onto the fairway. #beast

hahaha I love it!!! Dude, it was nowhere near the feeling I had when you were hitting bombs to my little pellets out onto the fairway. #beast

But you were in the fairway. :)

Back