BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Thanks for the pork tenderloin thought @JB - gonna give that a go today.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Pork Tenderloin cleaned up.
Inject with cherry cola
Rub with a sweet rub (we used Killer Hogs).
Smoke at 250* to desired doneness.
With about an hour to go, glaze with your favorite bbq sauce 2-3 times.

There are pictures of it somewhere in this thread. Amazingly good.
I know what I'll be making one day this week. 👊

Pork Tenderloin cleaned up.
Inject with cherry cola
Rub with a sweet rub (we used Killer Hogs).
Smoke at 250* to desired doneness.
With about an hour to go, glaze with your favorite bbq sauce 2-3 times.

There are pictures of it somewhere in this thread. Amazingly good.

This is happening today. Thanks for the idea! Will post pics later

This is happening today. Thanks for the idea! Will post pics later
I'm doing them too. Got 4 smaller tenderloins that I've injected (and then covered in cherry coke). Will pull them out in a couple of hours and apply my rub, let sit for a few more hours in the fridge and then it's go time :)

Giving the smoker a rest this weekend, grilling some bone-in ribeye's, BP, and sweet corn!

This pork was friggin amazing thanks for the recipe @JB I could taste the cherry cola and the bourbon rub I used paired very well.

CCD7F960-DF8C-4BEE-94AF-927B5C8F45DB.jpeg5363E381-7697-4637-8E6D-AC1C050A1933.jpeg57747F10-D07B-4154-B677-0A8B3F6090EC.jpeg

Thats awesome @jdtox

You can do some cool things to change it up. I use black cherry Dr. Browns soda instead of the cherry cola now. Traeger makes a glaze called Sugar Lips, which is super sweet which turns this into an almost candied flavor.

Its one of our go to‘s that she created a while back and is fantastic.

Just a pork chop with Jamaican jerk rub and grilled avacado, nothing fancy but was good

Attachments

• E0E443DE-3449-498F-AEF3-EF95A84FA904.jpeg
    E0E443DE-3449-498F-AEF3-EF95A84FA904.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 20
I am really wanting a kitchen area on my back porch. So for this is closest to what I want and it modular so can add mor items.
If anyone knows a better way to go let me know please

Attachments

• B5144F44-2E0E-4E56-A309-0063BFCB00B9.png
    B5144F44-2E0E-4E56-A309-0063BFCB00B9.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 23
I am really wanting a kitchen area on my back porch. So for this is closest to what I want and it modular so can add mor items.
If anyone knows a better way to go let me know please
Not knowing what your budget is, but have you checked...

You can do that with aftermarket products as well.
For instance we use MEATER and can have 5 different meats cooking to different internal temps and it notifies us on our phone with alarms for each one.
I have this. It is so awesome.

I have this. It is so awesome.

Us too. We started with MEATER, but now have the MEATER Block so a total of 5 different separate temps at once without a single wire or cord anywhere.

Us too. We started with MEATER, but now have the MEATER Block so a total of 5 different separate temps at once without a single wire or cord anywhere.
See, this is where I need to get to. I still have the wires. But it really is a cool item. It is great for when you go full bore get your BBQ on with chicken, pork, beef.

In between selling our house and getting into new one...got to use my buddy's Rectec Bull for chicken

Smoked at 350° for a little over an hour. Took the chicken above 165°
Used Rectec Screamin Pig rub and Famous Dave's Sweet n Sassy sauce, it was incredible!!

CB14588A-1501-4354-9FDB-9DA65F54BA3C.jpeg6F7C7112-691E-496C-9064-7DEF0B24D03F.jpeg

Here’s a phenom I just don’t understand. I love my Rec Tec 700 bull. It stays dead on temperature and produces an awesome smoked meat. Yet, Users in a group I’m in are wanting to modify this and that and do things the engineers never wanted you to do - like add a seal around the lid. In addition, everyone is looking for the best cheap pellets. Then, users start to complain that their smoker doesn’t hold temperature, doesn’t produce enough smoke, doesn’t do this or that right.

Just use the smoker the way Rec Tec intended and use high quality pellets! I don’t mind using the high $$$ rec Tec pellets either because it costs me a whopping $1/hr to fuel and I know they will work great. I’m really not that concerned with saving $.50/hr by using cheaper pellets on a smoker that cost me $1200+.

Picked up the block a few weeks back. Love what I can do with that. Gave my single to a buddy to give a try. Expect to hear good things from him soon. Can't wait to get it back and have 5 pieces of meat on the smoker at once.
Love cooking dinner at home again with the Meater probes. Perfect cook every time.

Here’s a phenom I just don’t understand. I love my Rec Tec 700 bull. It stays dead on temperature and produces an awesome smoked meat. Yet, Users in a group I’m in are wanting to modify this and that and do things the engineers never wanted you to do - like add a seal around the lid. In addition, everyone is looking for the best cheap pellets. Then, users start to complain that their smoker doesn’t hold temperature, doesn’t produce enough smoke, doesn’t do this or that right.

Just use the smoker the way Rec Tec intended and use high quality pellets! I don’t mind using the high $$$ rec Tec pellets either because it costs me a whopping $1/hr to fuel and I know they will work great. I’m really not that concerned with saving $.50/hr by using cheaper pellets on a smoker that cost me $1200+.

Haha...I agree, don't understand why so many need to modify/improve on this smoker. Mine works great, as does my buddy's.

We use Cookin Pellets as the warehouse was 5 minutes from our old house and they've worked without a problem for 4+ years.

Back