BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

In between selling our house and getting into new one...got to use my buddy's Rectec Bull for chicken

Smoked at 350° for a little over an hour. Took the chicken above 165°
Used Rectec Screamin Pig rub and Famous Dave's Sweet n Sassy sauce, it was incredible!!

View attachment 8948953View attachment 8948954

How'd that skin turnout? I try to do drumsticks and the skin was leathery. Tried high and fast and low and slow.

Just realized I deleted the pictures (I think they were blurry or maybe it was my vision) but before going to bed in the camper Friday, I put a 6lb brisket on my old Weber grill. It had marinated in a sangria mixture a buddy had sent me over the winter. I took it off around 8 hours and refrigerated it until later afternoon. Then I cut it up add the rest of the marinade covered it in foil and let it cook in the oven at 275 for a little over 3 hours.

I thought the flavor was pretty darn good. It was the thick end of the brisket so pretty fatty. A few people thought it needed more salt but so many people a trying to watch that these days , I hadn't added much. I told them "put some frickin' salt on it!" there were 3 shakers on the counter...

Anyways, enough leftovers for chopped brisket sandwiches last night for dinner...

Just doing something simple tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 28
Went to Cosco today and they had a sale on pork belly, so burnt ends for dinner.
38eb95ffd7886e0aa50be6c76905f841.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Picked up a Picnic pork shoulder to smoke for tomorrow. Little disappointed I could only find 8lbs, hope its enough I should have went to the butcher instead of costco

14 lb’er put on this AM for some low & slow (first time for L&S).

Tomorrow. On the Grilla.

Lobster Tails. Bacon wrapped Scallops. Shrimp. Corn on the Cob.

Tomorrow. On the Grilla.

Lobster Tails. Bacon wrapped Scallops. Shrimp. Corn on the Cob.
Yes. I’ll be over.

Looks fantastic @Nate

Got a decent smoke out of the firebox
20200621_093107_4.gif

But ribs needed another 30+ minutes too cook properly but had to throw them in the oven to speed it up..

Still a good spread
20200621_164919.jpg

The smoked lobster tails and bacon wrapped scallops came out INSANELY AMAZING.

Best one I’ve done so far. Was shredding off the knife. Others have always been dry. No More!!

View attachment 8949995
View attachment 8949996
Looks fantastic! What method were you using before? I like to use the high heat method on my WSM because I find the results to be nearly as good as a L&S cook...I say almost because the bark isn’t quite as good, although that can be partially remedied by putting it back in the smoker uncovered for 30 min or so.

My last three times I grilled steaks, I had three different cuts of meat. Prime ribeye, Choice NY Strip and Angus Sirloin. All three turned out great. Only used Lowry's seasoning salt for seasoning. The Prime ribeye was clearly the most tender and flavorful. The NY strip and Angus sirloin were similar in flavor. Both were tender. But, nothing like the ribeye.

I tend to buy whatever is on sale. The Prime ribeye was a special occasion (wedding anniversary). So, I splurged on it.

Now, if there are leftovers for a steak sandwich or salad, the NY strip or sirloin are better as they are a leaner cut of meat.

Back