Ben Hogan Edge Irons

Maybe it's just me but that video makes me think of a late night infomercial.

It reminded me of a video you watch at a museum haha

I actually thought hte same thing. Maybe the guys voice?

I think that's a big part of it but the overall production seems like one. I can't really explain it, maybe it just feels more salesy (I may have just created a word) than other commercials.

Found this yesterday as well. Looks like the Edge name isn't an exclusive.

Jxy77vm.jpg

Jxy77vm.jpg

Not sure but didn't Callaway have a Diablo Edge iron also?

Like the finish...that's about as far as it goes. Not a fan of the edge weighting since experiencing the mass location of the PTx. The looks overall are not bad but doesn't scream pick me up. The increase in size doesn't thrill me either. Hopefully they will come up with another line and keep more of the previous design characteristics. I understand what they are attempting to do i think. If i would see them in person it might change initial thoughts and woukd for sure give them some swings. Wishing them well as I still enjoy the PTx leading my bag right now.

I heard from a friend of mine that tested these out today that they are going to surprise some people. He said they feel great for a hollow body iron and just “go”.

I heard from a friend of mine that tested these out today that they are going to surprise some people. He said they feel great for a hollow body iron and just “go”.

That's great news, any insight as to other offerings coming down the pike? any timelines?

That's great news, any insight as to other offerings coming down the pike? any timelines?

Not that I can speak of yet...but I would tell you two things.

1. Stay tuned to THP
2. They are not done releasing new clubs.

1. Stay tuned to THP

Awesome, thank you JB

1. Stay tuned to THP

I'm probably in the minority but this excites me.

1. Stay tuned to THP
Can you tell yes your opinion of the new clubs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can you tell yes your opinion of the new clubs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I dont have one honestly. Haven't tried them and won't until my next trip to DFW in a month or so.

Me too, I'll go back to Hogan in a second if they come out with a nice blade, hell, I'm gaming a 2003 apex 2 iron and it's better than any of the others I have.

I love Hogan

Me too, I'll go back to Hogan in a second if they come out with a nice blade, hell, I'm gaming a 2003 apex 2 iron and it's better than any of the others I have.

I love Hogan

I'm just interested to see what they roll out next. I tend to root for the underdog and I'm hoping they succeed.

Was never an Edge fan, just seemed like an afterthought line once cavity back irons took over the market space. Besides, not sure why anyone would buy over the PTx's.

Hollow body irons have merit. It’s why we are seeing every brand create them.

Nope this gets me pumped as well. Would love for younger generations to know the Ben Hogan name and hopefully learn more about him and the history of golf.

Was never an Edge fan, just seemed like an afterthought line once cavity back irons took over the market space. Besides, not sure why anyone would buy over the PTx's.

As a counterpoint, the EDGE were one of the first forged CB that I can recall, one of the best early examples of the forged CB "players" profile.

I gamed the Edge GS for years and like them but agree with other posts that the new release aesthetics are off. As a Hogan fan, I see sunburst I think '70's Apex blades. The retro aesthetic seems out of place on the new Edge - the originals were clean in comparison.

I plan on ordering an Edge demo iron when they become available to see if they can compete with the CF16s.

Jxy77vm.jpg

These look like a rebadged X2Hot to me.

I actually thought hte same thing. Maybe the guys voice?

I think it's the music that sounds like it's from the last time Hogan was still in business. That said, these intrigue me. I've been really impressed by the performance some of the hollow bodied irons provide. And I kind of dig the old school styling with the new tech. Would really like to see these in hand.

As a counterpoint, the EDGE were one of the first forged CB that I can recall, one of the best early examples of the forged CB "players" profile.

I gamed the Edge GS for years and like them but agree with other posts that the new release aesthetics are off. As a Hogan fan, I see sunburst I think '70's Apex blades. The retro aesthetic seems out of place on the new Edge - the originals were clean in comparison.
What is the difference between the old Edge and the Edge GS irons you played?

Good points. In in my experience, it seemed like EVERYONE was playing Ping Eye 2's back in the Edge era. I found a used set of Edge's some time ago at a local golf store, $89 for 2-PW. Actually in good shape. I hit them and they felt good..entirely playable as you know...not the GS but the prior model.

As for the new look, I don't mind them...it's all about how they feel. I think their best set was the 1992 Apex's....hard to find a still-new set for under $1,800.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ben-Hogan-...912894&hash=item4afdc4848d:g:vPIAAOSwdrRXG7sj

I actually like the looks of these quite a bit. I'd give them a try, if only for nostalgia's sake.

I love Hogan

FWIW, I tested my '88 Hogan Redline 8 iron vs. my Ping G30 yesterday. I was surprised that the distance gap was only about 5 yards, sometimes less than that, on best hits with both clubs, especially given the difference in lofts. I'm not sure why, but my guess is better turf interaction with the Hogan.

FWIW, I tested my '88 Hogan Redline 8 iron vs. my Ping G30 yesterday. I was surprised that the distance gap was only about 5 yards, sometimes less than that, on best hits with both clubs, especially given the difference in lofts. I'm not sure why, but my guess is better turf interaction with the Hogan.

So what was the distance gap on mis-hits? I'd think that would be a better judge/comparison, to be honest.

Back