Best advice you have ever recieved in regards to your golf game

fighting a hook--- i would often rush the transition.... captain TC saw it - said matt," set it at the top" then watch it fly... that helped immensely through the tough weekend

jb: is there anyone ahead of you???

translation

you're slow - hurry up

For sand shots my father-in-law told me years ago to imagine the ball is sitting on a dollar bill and you want to get the entire bill out of the sand. That tip has made me a pretty decent Bunker player.

For sand shots my father-in-law told me years ago to imagine the ball is sitting on a dollar bill and you want to get the entire bill out of the sand. That tip has made me a pretty decent Bunker player.

My pro said he used to would tell people to lay a 5 under the ball, and if he could the ball on the green without crinkling the bill he gets to keep it. If it was crinkled they would keep it and if it was ripped it he gave them a 20. He said he made alot of money that way.

For me it was "when you're golfing think about fly fishing and when you're fly fishing think about golfing" it really helped my tempo a ton.

Somewhat embarrassing but when I first started out I didn't realize that your divot was supposed to be in FRONT of the ball....

My Dad informed me of the correct way to take a divot soon enough.

Best tip I ever got was you will never hit the target if the club is aimed somewhere else. Aim the club at the target and the ball will end there, it might start left and come back right or start right and come back left depending on how you are swinging that day but always aim the club where you want the ball to finish.

The best advice I've ever been given was to concentrate more on the mental aspect of a bad shot and get back in line, then worry about what you've done incorrect.

When you work on your swing with a clear mind it is much easier to adjust and correct yourself.

This is the simplest thing but it works so well for me. As a right-handed golfer, when I come through on my swing, I need to make sure my left eye is on the ball until after I've hit the ball. I used to play baseball so my natural tendency is to pull my head and kill the ball. It is the stupidest thing but it worked for me.

best advice ever "quit while you can young man"
obviously i didnt listen

Short chips use a putting stroke and follow through.

One word: Relax

Been trying everything to correct a slice for the past year that came out of nowhere. Was getting all kinds of advice. Was just told to loosen the grip to allow the hands to roll over. Night and day difference. Thought i was loose, but by concentrating on that specifically and slowing down my back swing i was hitting it with a baby fade. Now i have to trust it and not line up for the slice.

have fun, it's just a game

Stop getting so angry, it's only a game.

Best advice was to work on 1 thing at a time, when trying to fix our improve your swing. If you are trying to do 5 different things, there is no way they will gel together.

Don't suck

"leave the cell phone in the car"

fighting a hook--- i would often rush the transition.... captain TC saw it - said matt," set it at the top" then watch it fly... that helped immensely through the tough weekend

jb: is there anyone ahead of you???

translation

you're slow - hurry up

I sruggle with the hook, what do u mean by see it at the top?

You are not good enough to be throwing clubs!

One word: Relax

Couldn't have said it any better. I was looking to correct my slice and was told to relax because my tempo was way too quick and the fast uncontrolled swing was partially causing my slice. Once that got corrected, I was looking to pick up more distance off the tee and was once again told to relax before taking my swing. Just relaxing helped me pick up another 5-8 yards off the tee. Amazing.

Played a round in mainland China last week where the green fee includes a caddie. On several holes with blind tee shots, the caddie said something along the lines of, "There are bunkers on the left and water on the right. Just hit it straight down the middle and you won't have to worry about those." Sure, thank you very much.

"Don't be an a$$ on the course." My dad.

Back