BEST Looking Irons....What's YOUR PICK??

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I love seeing all of the different iron designs over the years and how they have changed. I find LOTS of clubs to look really great. Some days I'll look at a set of Ping Zing irons and think how sweet they are and a week later I'll think the best looking irons ever made are Wilson Staffs. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.
I'd like to ask you all to name (and hopefully post pics of) your pick for the most beautiful irons. How about I make it easier by having 2 categories, blades and cavity backs? You can include vintage and modern or whatever you want. I'm curious to see what irons make the list and what ones are hardly mentioned at all.

Please post pics of your choices.

First for me, the Hogan Apex..don't know the year. I'd love to have a set of these even if I just held them to look at from time to time.

apexirons.jpg

My Cavity Back would be the Wilson Ci11

67b.jpg

Those are my picks for right now. Of course I could get up tomorrow and think something else.

So let's see what you all like more than all the others...

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

R9 TP, Rbladez Tour.

Blades:
Mizuno_MP-68_Irons1__60132_zoom.jpg

Cavities:

I'm a little biased. :wink:
DSC_0686_zps33fa93c2.jpg

Hands down the best looking blade IMO...

712mb_titleist_540.jpg

Cavity Back I'd have to give the nod to the...

taylormade-golf-tp-mc-golf-irons.jpg

images

Mizuno MP-14

I played a set of these for many years. I still play with them once in a while, and managed a few rounds in the seventies with them last year. They are, to me, exactly what a golf club should look like. That being said, they are not at all forgiving, and I've gone to a cavity back to limit damages on the bad shots. They are the most workable clubs I've ever played though, and have honest to god traditional lofts. The PW is 50 degrees. Compare that to a lot of modern game improvement sets with a 44 degree PW, a degree stronger than the MP-14's 45 degree 9-iron!

hard to find photos but I will give a nod to TM burner tour blades (1997 model). Possibly only TM I ever liked.
anyone can find the photos of this set, please post for my sentimental feeling :) *like mizuno above, PW is 50 degrees and on

miura-blackblade-hero-131012.jpg

Ci11%20hero

8D8E81EB-FD37-47B8-A492-28EFD033B8CC-1658-000001181707C4DC.jpg
EF3B79C0-8A43-4FDA-BB8F-93F03EE40177-456-0000003D8B11226F.jpg

My choice.
taylormade-burner-2.0-irons-4-9pas-3.jpg

MBs - Callaway X-Prototypes/RAZR-X-Prototypes
CBs - The New Razr-X-Forgeds
GIs - Cobra Amp Cells (I think these go in this category?)
Or basically any of the Adams forged lines of late and of the last few years. They've always been stunning!

hard to find photos but I will give a nod to TM burner tour blades (1997 model). Possibly only TM I ever liked.
anyone can find the photos of this set, please post for my sentimental feeling :) *like mizuno above, PW is 50 degrees and on
no one can find photos of TM burner tour blades 1997 model ?

I'm going to have to agree with the Burner 2.0's and the Wilson Ci11's in black, those things are just dead sexy. And good call on the Amp Cells - those in silver are smokin'. In the blade/forged space, there are so many, I'll throw in these:
41GDTVSV1XL._AA300_.jpg
Nike-VR-Forged-TW-Blades_299_0.jpg

I love the S56 and AMP Cell Pros. Great looking irons.

Oh i like this one. My favorite blades of all time are the Callaway Razr X Muscleback

razr-x-muscle-back-irons-product-overview.jpg

My favorite cavity back would be my current gamers the Callaway Razr X Black's

Callaway-RAZR-X-Black-Iron-Set_Gallery.jpg

And my next gamers will be the new Callaway XHot Pro irons

callaway-x-hot-pro-irons.jpg

I'm sure its because they are mine but I love the S56's
muva3ysu.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hands down, the best combo of looks and forgiveness (and JB's pics are great too):

i-nwmqh6Z-L-400x300.jpg
i-ZL2kzcG-L-400x300.jpg

I can't believe no one has mentioned the J40 CB's. It is between those and the current X Forged irons for me.

Mizuno MP59
mizuno-mp-59-irons.jpg

The first time I ever went into a golf shop I was getting fitted for irons. I didn't know the difference between any of the models, the brands, or the technologies. I'd never heard of Mizuno. While I ended up getting fitted for MX-19's, the club I thought was the best looking iron I'd ever seen was the MP-52. Enough so that I tracked down a set built to my specs last year, and that's what I'm playing. I have no business playing them at my level, but I like them.
mp52_irons_large.jpg

I also really like the Hogan Apex irons.

Have to agree on the apex blades, all hogan irons always looked so classy.
Other than that my 710mb's come second;

Titleist%20MB%20710%20Irons.jpg

Titleist and Mizuno make the best blades but Titleists are just so sexy!haha

Titleist CB's have always caught my eye

Group-Shot-Edit.jpg

The new Callaway X-Forged though, IMO, give them a run for their money

DSC5566-L.jpg

image-1_zpse89e99a4.jpg

image-1_zps3c5b8298.jpg

image-1_zps53fce8fa.jpg

image-1_zpsa14e5a0a.jpg

For me, it's got to be the irons I have. The Satin finish on the MBs is AMAZING, and they're just eye candy. The edges are not as sharp as other blade, which I LOVE. Much smoother/sleeker.
images

For Cavity back, I would be cheeky and choose CB ('cause I have a CB 2-iron), but those are blades in spirit, so... Probably the Rocketbladez/Rocketbladez Tour. Taylormade really hit a home run with these, in EVERY category. I just wish they had RocketMusclez or something, for us true blade lovers.

images

I'm a fan of j40 dpc's :)

Back