Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Played a round with the mystery ball today. Found out that the driving distance problem is more a problem with my swing. I've just lost distance for whatever reason. I'll go into more detail tomorrow as I have to rehydrate

Played Ball X in early league play last night. I'm playing in an outing today so I can't play during normal league time. However they let us play early so it wouldn't be an automatic loss. I played pretty well. Ball X is just great for me. I had a really awesome night chipping with it. Heck, I made 2 chips in a row. One for par on hole 5 and one for birdie on hole 6! It was awesome. I wound up shooting a 42 with 2 doubles and 2 bogeys. One of the doubles was on hole 9. We tried to get the last hole in and couldn't see cuz of nightfall. I teed off with Ball X and we couldn't find it. No water or anything around just was too dark. So, there goes another one. Now I'm down to 1. So I will definitley not play this ball if there is water in play. I want to continue testing it. I didn't even think about switching balls before teeing off in the dark. I guess I was just in a rythm and wanted to get going. Man, now I regret it! But on a side note. I made all my markings on the ball fresh before the round, so whomever finds it will hear about THP and the blind test plus be shocked cuz of no logos!

As far as chipping was concerned. I've started to use my P. Hit a little shot and let it roll to the hole. With Ball X it seems to not roll as far so I don't hit it too far as I often do on chips. LOVING THIS BALL!!! I use to chip using my 58 and trying to flop it and would never hit it all the way to the hole. I think this switch is definitely helping me. I figured putting Ball X it doesn't roll out as far so it shouldn't on chips either. So sure enough I guess I was right for once. LOL

I have enjoyed this testing more than just about any we have ever done here.

It's been fun to read along with. I loved finally getting the ball myself. I like it a lot off the tee and out of the fairway. I'm not noticing anything on/around the greens that just blows me away. Perhaps it's b/c I just love my Bridgestone's in that arena.

It's been fun, thats for sure. Testing/reviewing a ball has shed a whole new light on what it means when I hit the practice green. I dont think I had ever focused so much on repeating a swing/stroke before I started trying out this ball.

I really enjoyed testing this ball at the short game area as it really made me pay attention to what many different types of balls did with different swings.

I'v got one left and I'm playing a course tomorrow that was apparently the site where Kevin Costner filmed Water World. I doubt it will make through the round. I'm looking forward to purchasing these when we find out what they are because I'm loving this ball off the tee and everywhere else for that matter.

Does that mean it's almost time to unveil the OEM and ball?

Played Ball X in early league play last night. I'm playing in an outing today so I can't play during normal league time. However they let us play early so it wouldn't be an automatic loss. I played pretty well. Ball X is just great for me. I had a really awesome night chipping with it. Heck, I made 2 chips in a row. One for par on hole 5 and one for birdie on hole 6! It was awesome. I wound up shooting a 42 with 2 doubles and 2 bogeys. One of the doubles was on hole 9. We tried to get the last hole in and couldn't see cuz of nightfall. I teed off with Ball X and we couldn't find it. No water or anything around just was too dark. So, there goes another one. Now I'm down to 1. So I will definitley not play this ball if there is water in play. I want to continue testing it. I didn't even think about switching balls before teeing off in the dark. I guess I was just in a rythm and wanted to get going. Man, now I regret it! But on a side note. I made all my markings on the ball fresh before the round, so whomever finds it will hear about THP and the blind test plus be shocked cuz of no logos!

As far as chipping was concerned. I've started to use my P. Hit a little shot and let it roll to the hole. With Ball X it seems to not roll as far so I don't hit it too far as I often do on chips. LOVING THIS BALL!!! I use to chip using my 58 and trying to flop it and would never hit it all the way to the hole. I think this switch is definitely helping me. I figured putting Ball X it doesn't roll out as far so it shouldn't on chips either. So sure enough I guess I was right for once. LOL

Great update bullfrog!

---
- ^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Can't wait to find out who makes this ball so I can buy a sleeve and test them for myself! Great job by all of the testers!

Since I lost my last one a few days ago, I have been yearning to find out more information on this ball. I really liked the distance off of the tee and the spin around the green.

What fascinating testing. I wonder if it would be possible to create a document with an aggregation of tester responses under each golf ball. I'd be willing to volunteer if JB hasn't already planned this. (Sorry if this has been covered, I was just skimming.)

What fascinating testing. I wonder if it would be possible to create a document with an aggregation of tester responses under each golf ball. I'd be willing to volunteer if JB hasn't already planned this. (Sorry if this has been covered, I was just skimming.)

You just blew my mind. I would love to see that.

Well done, the oem probably would love to see this as well. Not sure if they ask for this from the THP staff, but I could see how this could be very useful to both us as a group and the OEM PR dept. Great addition, thanks for the foresight.

I just am shocked that I'm not experiencing all this greenside spin that most are. It's got me confused.

I just am shocked that I'm not experiencing all this greenside spin that most are. It's got me confused.

Most likely the ball is a little harder than your swing speed would suggest you should use. Or I could be totally wrong, it wouldn't be the first time haha.

Most likely the ball is a little harder than your swing speed would suggest you should use. Or I could be totally wrong, it wouldn't be the first time haha.

I mean, it just reacts like I'm use to. The ball just sits near the pitch mark or tends to release like I'm use to. It doesn't seem that hard to me either though. I'm intrigued.

Maybe you are not serious enough golfer.

---
- Tapatalkin

Im not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that you believe the core is harder than he is used to or that the cover is harder than he is used to?

I mean, it just reacts like I'm use to. The ball just sits near the pitch mark or tends to release like I'm use to. It doesn't seem that hard to me either though. I'm intrigued.

*active jr voice*
I to am in agreement with your assessment of said balls greenside behavior. I have not found it to react greatly different than the RX or penta either. Perhaps more individuals are comparing it to mid-level balls thus the perceived increase in spin.

*deactivate jr voice*

--
tapatalk

*active jr voice*
I to am in agreement with your assessment of said balls greenside behavior. I have not found it to react greatly different than the RX or penta either. Perhaps more individuals are comparing it to mid-level balls thus the perceived increase in spin.

*deactivate jr voice*

--
tapatalk

hahaha, I love it off the tee. Like I said, it reminds me of the RX in that regard. I feel like I am compressing it well, but I'm just not seeing massive amounts of spin on/around the greens like others. Who knows, maybe it's my forged wedges :alien:

hahaha, I love it off the tee. Like I said, it reminds me of the RX in that regard. I feel like I am compressing it well, but I'm just not seeing massive amounts of spin on/around the greens like others. Who knows, maybe it's my forged wedges :alien:

I usually play the TriSpeed Tour or Q-Star. This blind ball spins a lot more than I am used to with those balls.

This would be awesome to see!

I am not a big spinner of the ball, but seem to find it easier to get this ball to spin. Before I started testing this ball, I was playing the Penta for about a month and a half, before that I was playing Nike Crush. It could be a change in ball, but I do see that I am able to get this ball to spin better than I have with other balls used in the past.

I am not a big spinner of the ball, but seem to find it easier to get this ball to spin. Before I started testing this ball, I was playing the Penta for about a month and a half, before that I was playing Nike Crush. It could be a change in ball, but I do see that I am able to get this ball to spin better than I have with other balls used in the past.

See, this ball doesn't spin like the Penta did for me. Isn't this fascinating?

Back