Breakfast Food For Dinner

I could do bacon eggs and potatoes any time of day.

This was a discussion last night when we decided to go breakfast for dinner tonight. Are you a bacon or a sausage person?

I like both, but when I get a breakfast burrito or something like that I usually go bacon over sausage because sausage can vary in taste and when it's good, it's great, but when it's bad it's disgusting. Whereas bacon is pretty much good across the board. Now, you do run into the undercooked bacon issue, but when chopped up in something like a burrito, it's not too bad, so undercooked bacon is still better than disgusting sausage. So in conclusion, the safer option is always bacon, which is why I go that direction every time.

I'm all in on this as well. I do it often enough. Bacon, eggs, breakfast burrito, even waffles are good.

My oldest daughter loves Brinner and asks for it a couple times a month.
With the craziness of the world I had heard about doing a backwards day where you eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner to change things up.

Breakfast burrito with sausage is good, but man the breakfast spots in San Diego all used chorizo.... Now that is something I can get behind. I can never find it in Northeast Ohio though.... We are on the search for the midwesterners take on SoCal breakfast chorizo, avocados mmmm....

.... meanwhile a blueberry yogurt for breakfast did not suffice.

Breakfast burrito with sausage is good, but man the breakfast spots in San Diego all used chorizo.... Now that is something I can get behind. I can never find it in Northeast Ohio though.... We are on the search for the midwesterners take on SoCal breakfast chorizo, avocados mmmm....

.... meanwhile a blueberry yogurt for breakfast did not suffice.

You have to make sure it's Mexican chorizo, that's the crumbled stuff, Spanish chorizo is more like a link and sliced up. Both have their place, but it's the Mexican chorizo that's in the burritos and I agree it's amazing. Super greasy, but delicious.

The only problem with breakfast foods. Is that I am trying to trim the middle fat and and breakfast foods tend to be high carb high suger.

I do it occasionally. Not real often but sometimes I have not shopped and there is nothing else in the house and I don’t want to go to the store or order from somewhere.

Depends what you make. You can do a crustless quiche or a frittata and keep it high protein low carb.

Very very true. But I want pancakes with butter and syrup... hahaha.

I do love a good frittata though.

I want breakfast for dinner again already.

This is something I could probably do three times a week, minimum.

I’m t thinking 14 breakfasts per week if I do normal breakfasts and then breakfasts for dinner. Sounds perfect. :)

I'll make chocolate chip pancakes sometimes for dinner just to mix it up a bit. Maybe bacon and or home fries with it.

On occasion, we have done it.

We made breakfast for dinner tonight and it was delicious! We got some specialty bacon from a local farm that we had in the freezer and we just cooked it up and holy crap that was the best bacon I have ever had.

Got no issues with it and I will do it every once in awhile, good food is good food.

Love it. Omelette’s for dinner, yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We made breakfast for dinner tonight and it was delicious! We got some specialty bacon from a local farm that we had in the freezer and we just cooked it up and holy crap that was the best bacon I have ever had.
But even bad bacon is great....Ha...But love bacon any meal

Rarely but a good omelette makes a great easy dinner.

Grits, bacon & toast is the best. Pancakes or waffles is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honey bourbon bacon and blueberry pancakes tonight

6B9D7A66-28D8-4A50-897E-4D72433A04A2.jpeg

Honey bourbon bacon and blueberry pancakes tonight

View attachment 8939699

That sounds delicious. I think I would leave out the blueberries though. I love them, but I prefer pancakes without extras. Speaking of pancakes. While I love to make pancakes from scratch especially sourdough or buttermilk. In a pinch this is the best premade pancake batter in my opinion. That may actually be a decent thread idea or poll.

This was a discussion last night when we decided to go breakfast for dinner tonight. Are you a bacon or a sausage person?

I like both, but when I get a breakfast burrito or something like that I usually go bacon over sausage because sausage can vary in taste and when it's good, it's great, but when it's bad it's disgusting. Whereas bacon is pretty much good across the board. Now, you do run into the undercooked bacon issue, but when chopped up in something like a burrito, it's not too bad, so undercooked bacon is still better than disgusting sausage. So in conclusion, the safer option is always bacon, which is why I go that direction every time.
Bacon over sausage every time, except for sausage gravy over biscuits.

Back