Bridgestone Golf Lady Precept Golf Ball

As KellyBo said above, when I arrived at MCC today to tee it up with JT, Miller Time and Ole Gray he asked me if I wanted to try the Lady Precept and I said heck yeah! I played it for all 27 holes today and gave it back to KB at the end of the round, she said, "I see why you are giving it back, it is all beat up." I did not realize that she received 2 dozen for the testing and did not want to take one away from her. I did tell her that I will be buying some of these, at the price point they really are a no brainer. Anyone with a swing speed in the lower 90's can get really good performance from these and save a few bucks to boot.

With the driver I was pretty long on the ones which I made good contact with and control was no issue at all. I missed 4 fairways in the 27 holes and only one was bad, a straight push off of the second tee on our second time around. I was able to hit mostly baby draws but the ball flight did straighten as I began to tire for the final holes.

Off of irons the ball has a solid feel to me, not soft exactly but not harsh at all. I was able to get good spin on approach shots and don't recall any roll out over 8 feet, most times it was only a foot or two. On a couple of blind shots that I took Bill told me the ball had enough spin to "dance" a little and stop.

Putting was similar to the B330-RX but the sound was more muted, I three putted only once with it all day which is pretty good at MCC and really good for me anywhere.

I played with the optic yellow which is a much brighter yellow than that on the B330-RX. I had opened a new sleeve of the RX's to play today but I had so much fun playing the Lady Precept they stayed in my pocket.

Earlier in the thread WarEagle said "I think more than just ladies could benefit from this ball" well, he hit the nail on the head, this is a solid ball and for the price you will be very surprised at the performance. Thank you KellyBo for letting me try out this great ball. I will be buying a dozen soon, real soon.

I played this ball yesterday with DawgDaddy, Miller Time, & JT723. I absolutely love it. It's smooth off the driver and as long if not longer than any ball I have played. I hit several tee shots on the third nine we played, much longer my average tee shots. It took me 18 holes to get the big stick working like I know I can hit it. Once I did, I was smashing this ball.

I love the feel of this ball off my irons. Really great compression feel and nice high long ball flight. Same with the hybrids as the ball really performs well. I actually had less side spin with these on average and this was a nice surprise.

Putting they are soft and roll very well for me. I like a soft ball off the putter face and the touch this ball provided was excellent. I love it on the greens.

Chipping. I hit several very good chips around the greens and the ball checked well. It's simply a feel good ball with distance as good and in several cases better than any ball I have played with. The soft compression works really well for me and I definitely will game this ball. I played the white with blue lettering and love the look. Yea I'm sold on a Ladies ball and for the price, they are keepers.

Bridgestone definitely hit a home run with this ball. I'm a fan and believer!

OK, had a lesson last night with my instructor to try and sort out my short game issues and for the last 20 minutes all we did was hit short pitch and chip shots using these balls.

Here are my observations:

A. Good soft landing with check up better than my e series balls but not as good as my B330-RXS. Typical roll out was 5-6 feet vs the 1-3 feet I get with my B330-RXS.

B. On short and high pitch and chips, it has almost too soft a feel. I found that I wanted to go after it a bit more because it was soft sounding causing me to blade a few and/or fly the green. Knowing how soft this feels by the end of my work on this shot, I had to keep one thought in my mind "take half as much as you think you need".

C. The cover got really beat up by my wedges. I shredded a ball. The cover is so soft that it really took a beating after working with it for 20 minutes straight. (I took some pictures using my cellphone but I was apparently not holding the phone steady and they are really blurry. I'll take some more with the ball tonight when I get home)

My instructor hit a few with these balls too and he said the same thing that the guys who've commented here have said, he is going to go pick up a sleeve from the pro shop when they are stocked by the local rep (my club has more Bridgestone balls than other brands) and take them out because he really liked the feel of them and could see how even high speed swings could like this ball around the greens.

I'm playing as many holes as I can tonight after work at my club so I'll try and take some more picts (depending on pace of play) and definitely will take some picts of my shredded ball.

We should all get our husbands to give it a go!

I did let T2Grn hit one of the pink ones...he lost it. :banghead:

I haven't played a full round with mine yet. The last two weeks have been pretty busy. My initial impression had me preferring the e6 but I want to play with it more before I form a definitive opinion and post my "official" review.

I did let T2Grn hit one of the pink ones...he lost it. :banghead:

I haven't played a full round with mine yet. The last two weeks have been pretty busy. My initial impression had me preferring the e6 but I want to play with it more before I form a definitive opinion and post my "official" review.

Did anyone get the license plate of the bus that I was just thrown under?

Did anyone get the license plate of the bus that I was just thrown under?

Sic em Lee :D! T2GRN18 you got to quit losing ya pink balls dude :act-up:

Click here for Review #1
Click here for Review #2
Click here for Review #3
Click here for review #4

Played 18 with the ladies today and had an average front nine with this ball and then something magical started happening on the back.

I hit an 8i shot up onto an elevated green. The ball went sky high and landed very close to the pin. When I reached the top of the hill, I had an 8" tap in which I made for birdie.

Then came a 132 yard par 3. I decided to hit a 7 iron because it would leave me below the pin. My friend told me she was surprised I wasn't hitting an 8 iron and I told her I would have to give the 7i everything I had to get to the green. Well I gave it my all and hit a really pretty baby draw that hit about 8' below the hole and rolled right up to the flag, paused a second and then dropped for my very first hole-in-one. The great thing was that 6 people saw it and we all went nuts. Ole Gray was close by and word spread fast so he came over and gave me a big hug. What fun!

The next hole was a par 5 and I was so excited I wondered if I could finish. I drilled my drive down the middle, hit a 4 hybrid safely to lay up and then hit a beautiful 7 iron onto the middle of the green. My good luck continued as I drained a putt from about 20' for another birdie.

I wish I could say the rest of my round was as good as those three holes but who cares! Those are the most memorable 3 holes I've ever played.

Things that stood out about the ball today:

1. My driver wasn't great today but when I connected well the ball went as far as ever. I won't say this ball is longer off the driver but it's just hard for me to tell right now because I'm really struggling with my back, especially when swinging the driver.

2. I'm seeing at least 3-5 yards longer ball flight with my irons than I was with the Lady iQ+ and it was longer than most balls I played. I can confidently go with a shorter club when I'm between distances and reach. In fact, I've been surprised a few times when I get to the green and my ball is past the hole when it should be short. I know my distances well and this has messed me up a couple times. I like it though! Especially today when I made a HIO after choosing a club I was sure would leave me below the hole.

3. Pitching is one of my favorite areas when using this ball. I've been practicing soft pitches and I've been able to execute some really great pitch shots with this soft ball. I take my hands out of the equation and let this ball just float through the air high and land softly. Today I had two from 30 yards that I was really happy about. I think the softness of the ball and ease of compression mentally help me hit it with good touch.

4. Chipping and putting. Just love the feel around the green. I usually use a 54* wedge for most of my chips and I find that I'm leaving more short than long. I just have to get more confident in getting it to the hole. This ball has stopping power with that wedge and I'm a little too hesitant with fast greens.

Last edited:
How freaking awesome is it that you got a hole in one with a ball you are testing. I mean so cool.

4 under in a 3 hole stretch. Pretty sure Kelly needs to start giving people strokes when she plays with them. That's outstanding play and great feedback on the ball!

That is just awesome KellyBo!!! So excited for you :D

Congratulations Kelly, man I wish that had happened Thursday so I could have seen it in person. Happy for you lady, make Ole Gray take you out for a special supper tonight.

Congratulations Kelly, man I wish that had happened Thursday so I could have seen it in person. Happy for you lady, make Ole Gray take you out for a special supper tonight.

She's so worn out from making birdies and a hole-in-one, that she had to go take a nap :D! I get to be her partner tomorrow afternoon in a couples scramble with 20+ couples. :bananadance: Lady Precepts for the win :thumb:

WTG Kelly!! I really think Im going t give this a shot!

How freaking awesome is it that you got a hole in one with a ball you are testing. I mean so cool.
Maybe a screen shot of her post to Bridgestone in an email would be in order ?

HUGE Congrats to my golfing buddy Kelly Bo on her first hole in one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm back for some more feedback on the Lady Precepts. I've played 36 holes in the last two days with these balls and had a great chance yesterday after I left work to do some serious A, B, and C comparisons when I had Smoke Rise Country Club in Stone Mountain, GA basically all to myself.

I started on the back nine there because it is always empty in the late day during the week. I played the front blue tees (one back from the forward tees) and the 10th is a 454 yd hard dogleg right Par 5. I played three balls for this nine: my normal Bridgestone B330-RXS (white), an orange e6, and the pink Lady Precept.

I hit a beautiful tee shot with all three balls and they were nicely grouped with the e6 landing at 160yds, the B330-RXS at 177yds, and the Precept at 180yds. (The tee box is elevated). My second shot was with my 3 wood: e6 bunker but the B300-RXS rolled up just short of the green (Pin in the back of a big and deep green complex)

ypa5azys.jpg

And the Precept rolled just touching first cut.

tybe7u3a.jpg

A pitch and run ended up with both balls to about 10' and two nice two putts. I still am struggling with the soft feel of the Precept vs. the B330-RXS and e6 balls. It really is throwing me as I'm a feel player and it is taking me some time to trust the softer feel means I hit it OK with my short clubs and off the driver.

However I love the feel off my hybrids as evidenced below when I almost holed out from the fairway using my 3 hybrid on the 15th, a 337 yard par 4.

evupy6e6.jpg

Another 6 inches and it would've been an eagle but I'll take a kick-in birdie. By this hole, it really was down to the B330-RXS and the Precept performing the best. The e6 is a nice ball but it just didn't keep up with either of these balls around the green. When the B330-RXS and Precept check up, the e6 just doesn't. Smokerise converted their greens from bent to mini verde bermuda last year and they are still really hard as they continue to mature and they are fast, so getting the ball to check -up and stop is essential.

From a driving distance standpoint, the Precept was almost always 10 - 15 yds longer off the tee for me than the B300-RXS. Below my drives from the 12th were typical with the first two pictures the B330-RXS and the next two the Precept.

aqematuj.jpg

anu4asaz.jpg

yre7u4y6.jpg

ta3y9yty.jpg

From a flight trajectory, the B330-RXS has a much higher loft which when you hit a high lob shot or pitch means it lands softer. Below is the 3rd green which is a short 108 yds but tricky because the tee box is so elevated that you tend to under club and end up in some really deep stuff. I used my 56 degree wedge and the B330-RXS had a gorgeous high arch and landed and rolled about 3' to right next to the hole but the Precept has a mid ball flight and it rolled out about 10' beyond the hole.

7eme4ehu.jpg

I took this picture from behind the hole so you could see the difference.

Another place where I'm finding some distance differences are with my long irons. The Precept seems to be longer for me off the teebox and with my hybrids but with my long irons, I'm losing some distance. Below are my two approach shots into the 12th using my 5 iron on the first one and the B300-RXS is 10 yards further on the first shot.

ynaseza2.jpg

And again, using my 6i on the 5th.

a9u5ate9.jpg

Today, I played Countryland Golf Club in Cumming, GA which is a typical Georgia mountain style course. Short and compact holes with lots of elevation changes.

uhedubum.jpg

This is where I play almost every Saturday with the same group of folks. The back nine are closed because they are converting them from rye/poa annua greens to match the bermuda that the front nine was converted to last summer. The course was packed so with the exception of the view from the first teebox, I didn't take pictures. I played with the Lady Precept the first go around of the front nine and the Titleist DT Solo (my game is a mess and I don't want to spend more than 20 bucks for a box of balls ball) on the second go around.

BUT today's round confirmed a few things for me:

A. I LOVE the Precept off my hybrids. It is long and straight and rolls out nice when I use my 3 hybrid or 4 hybrid but checks up really nice when I use by 5 hybrid to land on a greens from 130 yds out.

B. I'm starting to like more the way the Precept performs off my driver. I do wish it had a bit more solid sound off the driver like the B300-RXS or even the Titleist DT Solo but it is longer for me off the tee than those balls most of the time, so I'll learn to love the soft sound.

C. The ball cover on the Precept gets chewed up by my wedges. I lost the ball that I destroyed during my lesson yesterday on the 8th hole when I hooked it FAR FAR left but even today getting out of the bunker on the first hole, I felt how scuffed the ball was and by the time I had found two bunkers on the 6th hole, I had to put it in my pocket.

D. The Precept had a mid ball flight trajectory.

I'm playing Windermere tomorrow with a friend. They are on temporary greens because they are converting to mini verde and I'm going to be hitting a lot of iron shots because of where the temps are so I'll have a lot of feedback about off the mid and short irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats Kelly Bo!

...hit about 8' below the hole and rolled right up to the flag, paused a second and then dropped for my very first hole-in-one...

Very cool, Kelly! Congrats!

So freaking happy for you, KB!!! Awesome stuff!

Played in a couple's scramble tonight. Won a close-up on the same hole that I had a hole-in-one on yesterday. The pin was in the back today and played about 143. I hit a 6i sky high and didn't think it would ever come down. I took a picture so you could see that it still rolled out a bit from where it hit even with extremely high ball flight.
Spoiler

This is the ball mark from yesterday's hole-in-one using a 7 iron.
Spoiler

There gonna have to rename that hole the Kelly-Bo hole if you keep that good stuff up. Way to go !

Back