Bridgestone J15 Forged Wedges Preview

Been thinking about these lately. I've never been a massive fan of the DG Spinner but loved my time with these wedges at the Bridgestone University experience.

How's everyone finding the wear on the black oxide?
Very durable. Barely any sign of wear except for small shine now just at the leading edge. Extremely impressed with the back oxide finish

Hard to capture. ..
11ee89d9c59c0eb85708e8521bb8f01d.jpg
edbc5566a3522b3a0db16a883410a9e7.jpg

Been in the bag since launch

Just do it Dan. Bstone it out.

I love the way that black oxide finish looks. I wish they would have offered that J15 CB's that way.

Last edited:
Of all the clubs in our legacy bag, these wedges are ones I think i'm most looking forward to. Look and feel is just amazing. Wear would be my only concern and feeling much better about that after seeing your pics KC

Got to see these in LightningBolt's bag and wow they are awesome looking, and he uses them very well.

The 50 and 56 took a bit of getting used too after I reshafted them, but I really like them now. Great feel on full shots and spin just fine with the Chrome Soft.

Sweet mother of wow these things can spin a golf ball. Wrap your heads around this image.... the clubs separate divot and final resting spot.

1184d4369f3c9f6180c80cdef5300c12.jpg

Crazy stuff....I should have tried them a few weeknds ago

Sweet mother of wow these things can spin a golf ball. Wrap your heads around this image.... the clubs separate divot and final resting spot.

1184d4369f3c9f6180c80cdef5300c12.jpg

I hope you are out there by yourself and didn't hold someone else up while they watched you take every club out of your bag and lay it down haha.

My course is closed on Mondays so there was no one waiting. AMart help me place and pick up the clubs hahaha!

That was a 54* from 101 yards. I was a GOOD 10 yards over the flag (which was also uphill).

The 52 has been extremely enjoyable. Think I'm gonna bend to 50 and I'll be set. I installed a KBS tour 90 in mine and may go with a Black Wedge Flex I have simply for looks. Might pick up a 56 for my new sandy too!

I don't have Canadan spin, but I can tell they stop for me quite well with the B330RX and e7.

JM

I have little time with my 58 since I only use it in rare situations but it always performs for me. Cant wait to get my 50 m 54 in my hands in July..

I have little time with my 58 since I only use it in rare situations but it always performs for me. Cant wait to get my 50 m 54 in my hands in July..

I was absolutely carving with them today. I took a MONSTER divot on #9 that I claimed would hit about 10 yards beyond the hole to the right, and spin back half way to the cup but a little bit to the left. Seriously, I called my shot, and it was glorious.

fe5c5b2c43e62a42937c08675c746016.jpg

Divot is where the top of the putter grip is.

e70180f6f50401ccad40fa20c2421e3f.jpg

Picked up a set of these in satin chrome yesterday, went with 50°, 55°(bent 56°) and 60°. Went to the range today and distance wise they are about the same as my 588, however coming from a 50°, 54° and 58° standard 2 dot I'm loving the bounce options I have now, way more versatile set.

In on this. Mine will show up soon.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had these in the bag for most of the year and after getting another set at #THPLegacy I can still say without a doubt these have been the best wedges for me that I have put in the bag. They spin the ball like no other and are extremely versatile out of any lie that I have encountered and I put myself in some interesting spots ;).

The black finish on these also holds up remarkably well one of the best wearing black clubs I have ever seen. Bridgestone really knocked it out of the park with these wedges. I know wedges are an extremely personal thing is someones bag but if you are looking I cant recommend giving these a shot enough

Just played 3 rounds in the last 3 days, and if there was any club in my bag that saved my bacon more than any other, it was my 60 degree J15. I hit so many recovery shots that a player of my caliber has no business making. From any lie, full or half swing, this thing was a pin seeker. Ironically I wasn't as sharp with most my other irons, which normally would spell skull city with a 60 degree... But not the case, and I was very thankful.

Only in the sand twice today, but my 56 degree was also pretty solid in some fluffy sand

I have a black J15 wedge, 60* bent to 62*, and I really enjoy this - I can spin the ball back on almost every full swing, and I get the nice "hop and stop" around the green (not out of the rough).
I have a great deal of success out of the bunkers with this one (I think it is 8* bounce), but my course recommends low bounce wedges for bunker play.
Overall, I am very pleased with the wedge - highly recommend this line to anyone looking for wedges.

I just got my set the other day. These look great in the hand and at address. I haven't hit them yet but am going to hit them tonight!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff OH. I have a 52 coming to me tomorrow and am excited to get it in play!

After Legacy I told myself I didn't really want to keep these in the bag too much simply because I wanted to preserve them. I just cannot take them out of the bag though! I've gamed a number of different wedges over the past few years - Vokeys, MD2, Cleveland, etc. Nothing comes even close to how good these wedges are...nothing. I've gone 4 consecutive rounds now with at least one birdie on the card and it's all due to these wedges. Get me inside 100 yards with these wedges and my confidence is as high as it's ever been to drop the ball inside 10 feet.

Maybe I need to get another set to have on reserve for when these get worn out! :act-up:

Like their not already on order #OrangeHo

Back