Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

What driver is Snedeker using? It didn't look like a Bridgestone to me at all.

dcbrad, how did it go with this Driver on sunday?

dcbrad, how did it go with this Driver on sunday?

Sorry Mike, little late on getting this up. Finally got a chance to go out and play a round of golf, if you want to call it that. We had trouble finding balls on basically every hole because they were plugging in the middle of the fairway or just off in the rough.

Anyways, there was no practice area so I technically only got a chance to swing my driver 7 times. So no warm-up at the range equalled awful drives on the first 4 holes. But the last three drives of the day were awesome. Was able to get it out there 220ish into the wind. The ball flight is really nice on this thing and I just felt in complete control with it once I got in the groove.

Chunky is right, this driver cuts through the wind very nicely. On a side note, I had much better results with the B-330 RX then I did with the e6. It was exciting to finally get out on the course with this bad boy.

Sorry Mike, little late on getting this up. Finally got a chance to go out and play a round of golf, if you want to call it that. We had trouble finding balls on basically every hole because they were plugging in the middle of the fairway or just off in the rough.

Anyways, there was no practice area so I technically only got a chance to swing my driver 7 times. So no warm-up at the range equalled awful drives on the first 4 holes. But the last three drives of the day were awesome. Was able to get it out there 220ish into the wind. The ball flight is really nice on this thing and I just felt in complete control with it once I got in the groove.

Chunky is right, this driver cuts through the wind very nicely. On a side note, I had much better results with the B-330 RX then I did with the e6. It was exciting to finally get out on the course with this bad boy.

Was the dispersion of your drives what you expected (considering the wind)?

Sounds like similar results between the E6 and 330rx that I experienced

Could you guys explain what you were not seeing with the e6 that you were with the rx? Was it distance? Better ball flight? I am a die hard e6 guy but if switching will help then I might have to consider.

Could you guys explain what you were not seeing with the e6 that you were with the rx? Was it distance? Better ball flight? I am a die hard e6 guy but if switching will help then I might have to consider.

Distance for me.

Half club longer with irons, 10+ yards longer off tee with driver.

I want to say it will hold up better for me around greens too, but havent gotten on dry greens in good shape to officially test this theory

I would say go with what you're comfortable with Gordon. Test each out and see what happens. I had never hit either so I just felt like I was able to hit the RX better than the e6. I hit the RX farther as well and I just felt better with it off the tee.

Thanks guys...

That is my plan Brad, to use the nice gift of golf balls we were sent to see for myself what works best.

Sample size was extremely small.

First drive was a big cut right (Still playable)
Second was just pushed right.
Third was a big cut that plugged in the rough
Fourth was straight with a small draw (plugged again)
Fifth, Sixith and Seventh were bombs straight down the center with slight left to right action

First three drives were with the e6. Last 4 were with the B330 RX.

I would attribute the better drives at the end to probably being warmed up Mike. So ya the dispersion on the first three was horrible, but the last 4 drives of the day were very consistent. I love the ball flight, and this could be a big reason why I like the RIP so much since it is low launch/low spin, but on a day like Sunday with the wind howling, having a ball flight that wouldn't balloon on me was very nice. Didn't lose a ton of distance just because it was windy.

Sample size was extremely small.

First drive was a big cut right (Still playable)
Second was just pushed right.
Third was a big cut that plugged in the rough
Fourth was straight with a small draw (plugged again)
Fifth, Sixith and Seventh were bombs straight down the center with slight left to right action

First three drives were with the e6. Last 4 were with the B330 RX.

I would attribute the better drives at the end to probably being warmed up Mike. So ya the dispersion on the first three was horrible, but the last 4 drives of the day were very consistent. I love the ball flight, and this could be a big reason why I like the RIP so much since it is low launch/low spin, but on a day like Sunday with the wind howling, having a ball flight that wouldn't balloon on me was very nice. Didn't lose a ton of distance just because it was windy.
I particularly like the bolded part! The more you play this the more those shots will become the norm too. I've had a lot of different drivers in my bag in the past 18 months and none of them performed like the J40 did. Simply put, it's a great driver!!!

Glad to see you guys getting some good results with the J40!! Can't wait to put it in my bag!

I particularly like the bolded part! The more you play this the more those shots will become the norm too. I've had a lot of different drivers in my bag in the past 18 months and none of them performed like the J40 did. Simply put, it's a great driver!!!

What shaft did u rock in urs Jake?

Awesome looking drivers guys! Nice pics!

The Attas T2 shafts looks very cool!

Just got a UPS notice that I have a delivery scheduled for Friday from Bridgestone Golf!! Can't wait to take it to the course this weekend!

Just as I hoped... right after 12:00am I got a notice from UPS that I too should be receiving a package this Friday as well. Maybe I will get really lucky and it will et here a day early so I can use it when I play Friday morning but if not I guess I will just have to play again this weekend.

Awesome to hear fellas! Looking forward to some sweet in hand pics and seeing how the combos treat everyone

Well TBT, the UPS guy also didn't know that today wasn't Friday! :)

I'm heading right into work so I all I can say at this point is:

Oh my. You are quite good looking.

ysygubam.jpg

nice Thain, when you putting some swings on it?

Nice dude! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Nice Thain! Looks like a beaut.

Back