Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

Yeah to me I love the Jolt feature, but the speed and locking ability separate it for me

Samesies. The Jolt is a secondary benefit to me after the speed and accuracy of target acquisition.

So many great thoughts from everyone's rounds this weekend. More of the same for me as well with my round on Friday. Quick, easy, accurate and more of the same good stuff. I'm running out of adjectives to use for the Tour X. Still can't get over how quick the laser locks in to the flags. Sometimes I don't even think I've locked on yet and it will give me the jolt.

So many great thoughts from everyone's rounds this weekend. More of the same for me as well with my round on Friday. Quick, easy, accurate and more of the same good stuff. I'm running out of adjectives to use for the Tour X. Still can't get over how quick the laser locks in to the flags. Sometimes I don't even think I've locked on yet and it will give me the jolt.

Do you find yourself double checking it once or twice because it is so fast?

I know I have because it seemed like it was too fast, like did I accidentally hit a tree or hill on the greenside complex instead of the flag.

I'm surprised how quick it really picks up the flag time after time

Got me. It's probably a trust thing because of just that but I have found myself doing it less and less. Plus it only takes another second to confirm.

Yup. Mainly because I know how fast the laser is. I know that another scan won't even take a second.

Got me. It's probably a trust thing because of just that but I have found myself doing it less and less. Plus it only takes another second to confirm.

Me too. I find myself checking it two or even three times, because it is so darn fast. I did a side by side today with a Leupold and it was not even close, how much faster this unit is.

Me too. I find myself checking it two or even three times, because it is so darn fast. I did a side by side today with a Leupold and it was not even close, how much faster this unit is.

I actually did the same with my Nikon because the course was empty. Night and day - probably can lock 3 times with the tour x before I can get a distance with the old one. I think it's a combination of Jolt (trusting the measurement), ergonomics, and the magnification on top of the general speed of the optics.

I actually did the same with my Nikon because the course was empty. Night and day - probably can lock 3 times with the tour x before I can get a distance with the old one. I think it's a combination of Jolt (trusting the measurement), ergonomics, and the magnification on top of the general speed of the optics.

The speed is really noticeable on the long distances. I'm not sure how "in range" a target from 250 is, but when I do scan that flag from that far back, it's easy and quick.

Keep the updates coming everybody.

I have never used a range finder and was wondering if these also act like a binocular as well. Are rangefinders always in the "rangefind" mode or do you press a button to lock and find range? I'm wondering, for example, if they can be used to locate a struck ball that you're not sure may be in the water or OB or something to that effect.

I have never used a range finder and was wondering if these also act like a binocular as well. Are rangefinders always in the "rangefind" mode or do you press a button to lock and find range? I'm wondering, for example, if they can be used to locate a struck ball that you're not sure may be in the water or OB or something to that effect.

See my last few posts where I talk about using it to spot things on the greens. You can use it this weekend as well!

I think the answer is somewhat. These have a 6x magnification. But it's a single eye so its a bit different. Low powered telescope kind of thing. I've used it while playing to look several holes away. Or watch deer and birds while I was playing.

It is hard to really use it as a scope. The 6x magnification is nice, but it isn't like field glasses or anything.

But I do like how well it spots the flag from 250+. It's quick and accurate. Which is great for those aggressive moments into par 5s.

There's been a lot of talk of confidence in this thread. As an experiment, I've been alternating between playing with the Tour X and not for the last few rounds. For the rounds I've played without, I've used GolfShot on my phone/watch to give me distances to the center of the green.

Now, I'll preface this with the fact that I know I'm not good enough to see a yardage like "93.5", and switch my shot up from 95, or even 90/100 (depending on the gapping of the set I'm playing). That said, there's something about knowing exactly the distance I need to get the ball to that gives me confidence during the shot. I've found that, over a few rounds of doing this, that I'm hitting qualitatively better shots knowing the exact distance. I've also found the same when I've left the finder in the cart and taken a few clubs out - especially on hilly courses, my eyes will sometimes play tricks on me and make a shot look a lot longer/shorter than it is. Knowing the exact distance and being able to trust the device that gave me that distance helps me trust the swing I'm about to take.

I'm playing in my company's corporate tournament today, at a course that has some really big elevation changes hitting off the tee and into greens. Going into the round, I couldn't be happier to have the Tour X in my bag.

I think the answer is somewhat. These have a 6x magnification. But it's a single eye so its a bit different. Low powered telescope kind of thing. I've used it while playing to look several holes away. Or watch deer and birds while I was playing.
I might want to give this a look on the range Sunday.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

I had mine out messing around on the range last night.I've played 10 rounds, numerous trips to the range, and the initial "new toy" playing with it. I'm still showing a full battery charge. Having never really stuck with laser range finders before it seems pretty impressive. Anyone else have thoughts on battery life?

I had mine out messing around on the range last night.I've played 10 rounds, numerous trips to the range, and the initial "new toy" playing with it. I'm still showing a full battery charge. Having never really stuck with laser range finders before it seems pretty impressive. Anyone else have thoughts on battery life?

My old rangefinder was going through a battery a round at the end of it's life. Something was obviously wrong but was frustrating as all get out to arrive at a course to see that your battery was dead. I felt defeated before I even hit a single ball off the first tee. But I'm with ya, still showing full battery and I've tinkered around with the screen, setup, menu, etc. at lot since I've had it expecting to see lower at some point. Those batteries aren't cheap!

I've been through two batteries but I play and use it all the time (3-5 rounds a week over the past months). I've mentioned previously that the battery indicator doesn't work too well, however I do keep a spare battery in my bag.

Check out, www.batteryjunction.com, I recently purchased 10 Duracell CR2 lithiums for around $2 per a battery.

It's funny how most everyone in this thread says how fast the Tour x is; but another site that did a "Most Wanted" list has the Tour x listed as being slower to use than the Leupold GX-4i2, 3i2, and even slower than the V3 Jolt & the Z6 jolt.

Makes me wonder if they were even using the same product.

Any comparisons with the Leupold GX-4i2? I've never used anything, so I have no idea. Their results just seemed weird though.

It's funny how most everyone in this thread says how fast the Tour x is; but another site that did a "Most Wanted" list has the Tour x listed as being slower to use than the Leupold GX-4i2, 3i2, and even slower than the V3 Jolt & the Z6 jolt.

Makes me wonder if they were even using the same product.

Any comparisons with the Leupold GX-4i2? I've never used anything, so I have no idea. Their results just seemed weird though.

I cannot speak to anybody else's results, but my own. I have found the Tour X to be faster than the V3. I think it is remarkably fast. If I had to go from the Tour X to the Tour V3, I would think the Tour V3 was broken.

With my v2 I have around 20 rounds plus some use on the range and battery is still going strong. I think I have to change my batter around 30-40 rounds iirc

I cannot speak to anybody else's results, but my own. I have found the Tour X to be faster than the V3. I think it is remarkably fast. If I had to go from the Tour X to the Tour V3, I would think the Tour V3 was broken.

Which makes me appreciate these reviews even more. One reason (of many) that I love THP - the in-depth, extended reviews from numerous users. The other site gave no real write-up, so I couldn't tell how many people tried it, etc. Thanks again blu for the feedback. Just saving up for the Tour x

I keep defaulting to KC720'S Tour X...it's just so much better than my V2 across the board. Speed is the big one...can't stress how much of a difference it is. Yes...I know it's only less than a second but it feels like minutes.

Back