Callaway Apex Hybrid Review Thread

Yep, 27* on the 6i, 26* on the 5hy. But, thanks to the length and such, it gaps out the same distance the 5i would for me.

After hitting the 2H was very impressed and am considering replacing some of my long irons. Was trying to match up the loft gaps, 3*, but looks like that may have been a mistake.

Yep, 27* on the 6i, 26* on the 5hy. But, thanks to the length and such, it gaps out the same distance the 5i would for me.

Do you transition into another hybrid or the HW from the 5HY?

Man I hit one of the Apex Hybrids today, Emarts 4h in fact. It was fun to hit, but good grief did I launch it high!
The new toe design is certainly different to the Hybrids I've had from Callaway, not a bad thing, just different. Looks similar to the Adams lines from before. Super easy to hit, I caught a couple closer to the toe and I didn't see any crazy ball flight out of it. Solid hybrid that's for sure.

Man I hit one of the Apex Hybrids today, Emarts 4h in fact. It was fun to hit, but good grief did I launch it high!
The new toe design is certainly different to the Hybrids I've had from Callaway, not a bad thing, just different. Looks similar to the Adams lines from before. Super easy to hit, I caught a couple closer to the toe and I didn't see any crazy ball flight out of it. Solid hybrid that's for sure.

What shaft was in it?

The more research I do, the Apex 5hybo will be on the bag. Just have to find the $$

What shaft was in it?

The more research I do, the Apex 5hybo will be on the bag. Just have to find the $$
Honestly I don remember, I'm sure Emart will chime in. You know I just grab clubs and swing them. If it works it' works if not. "Next"

What shaft was in it?

standard Kk. I am happy with the results I have seen in the two range sessions. This is one of the first hybos I'm excited to play. I like the ball flight on regular shots and being able to choke down and ball back in stance if needed. No hook tendencies like I have had in other hybos. If I struggle with 5i a 5h could make the bag

The 5h I ordered arrived Friday and this was the first time I had a chance to hit it and it does exactly what I want - fill the gap between the 4h and 5i right at 215 yards. Now I need to decide if I ditch my 16 deg 815 FW or my 18 degree XR Pro Hybrid as they overlap one another.

Very happy with this club.
12EABF4D-FAA2-4ADC-AB50-2FF96C6FBC08_zpsjjphlrto.jpg

816 16* may be my favorite club in the bag now, but these are the most addicting to hit. Just SO versatile for me, and better yet, lethal.

816 16* may be my favorite club in the bag now, but these are the most addicting to hit. Just SO versatile for me, and better yet, lethal.

Im hooked on the action I saw from JBs. Gotta unload he other hybrids and slide a 3 and 5 into the bag

Im hooked on the action I saw from JBs. Gotta unload he other hybrids and slide a 3 and 5 into the bag

Filthy high, filthy long, and scary accurate.

I will probably add the 5H soon. Can't believe I will be rocking 6 iron as the longest one in the bag.

I will probably add the 5H soon. Can't believe I will be rocking 6 iron as the longest one in the bag.

Its just good business with these in the bag.

My 3H came today. I'm afraid to open it. Thanks a lot UPS. :angry:

XbZv7LxlbLPOo3mL-pjIohH6QDMIimkqBIPTRve2ea04smi02YRd9ECCTS5i2oCP54hlRWfv_DNp6E5XT5OBeiRUSmpFPRaAzhXi-DZkF8dINmskDSm6ha35fihIvBdXBDy3DVHZiEmkUj3lXSGxR5xjvdCAVxP3u8xHH__0Op1sKxVl_BbwuhoQXEG3MqIIshP_B3jtQpkc-uqZmTU7DQ6EN_dDB0d3fP9iGznHSo19tMkWXun-Z-ww8P9XF41XvQK623LZY_7CYbP_rELGj4Fx6shs-diDI_P-HPl4wEzZy-7VBT-wWEgbWxyQ42Fxt3Mrkbjw523OO4Bwm14Ck4kzH6P1FVoWTIEI4BRWA6FrSx1G-s7GoviH3Q5T8PcldEKVzfz3rP3A5rr-lt8noKuwL7sTI7nl-1U70t_JKlONEINhEkrgD_Z4FtX8HYkpk8sQa6dyrS_LViBA3Oa045ezbCeprSiweVD7WBGwo-psXTNEU2R_pfCXe6p74Q_xqd5auIAWeR_-B9XhrCRP7wCZP-g5wIQJP4LvnmGBdgkf8lKUVXkbm8t5oF0AjcR-RMPo=w480-h640-no

jepaF3q4MHjh6Orwpr65Yn5AigkfeLs9Ai82-NH8H04-GZRrSWXq1cIhrzCKVxUtyZWW9hOxcjVQfSzRs4nhJv2YZJPiU-zgqr0Rn_-dgpXmw7KqCWWC0xIO3sjaE-2ER-PP2aSMMJ4a7Y7UQyTZ7C0xnY94-SUEYbx_sQL0OlihbZTjUkN36742OPW-dqO2_w-EHTP4McmWSWQFFHWP-08YlzlOndFodh43pzkq6N_BmAbupZqQH7xNhrQHOnTgrkmpNUxO54J4oChCU869NlC1ktDGZ3JRQDQHiQmqqAdKR1NTWVL3vul9dDRZ1qNKzIofsD7LMiBH57LVQTf7YQjOQAVHQ4m9nWPWbTCOlzuFfNHs0_5xRr8BAq8SEdA63HQ6_Vf8-UCITUdiB7FF1IE_QxnejB9cC5bqG95KlrAjNVmNIVNTW57IuoMG6KRKAOtbq2rF7S83wPDzqvKA-zUpV71W59tfcD5EvlNOZ58HOxhNMZpqhC21sV-e9BkkBsGPcTKlPGe0LTu1uj_WSXaiMDSnWCLbIB6otX1OFGB_ucFHmvbPFYkOMkrtSbvcb6hQ=w480-h640-no

0JjQnDMEtinpNG8cnkDX-YtHLKPe9FNxZlRhlgF41WqdwTyDRBFooQAiJvqtP-20sVbevj7S_jFwJ1hkFuyNiMC0w76fzOEzLXtOArVquPaYc8neaEUUTOi7wPOcNpPponw0ipY_jAjD5cTDZW0Rs4ODdZUfmUqpTy8SDgF73cq21WBlvDzblbYMk8lhHf-6BuFjlPbRInc323UbxJSPLCGlF-QHkXKGe5EBGu_dvRBI2U9ihurJ3Cjg_tkmHr1uHvL-SA_OL3mCzAv5o60eEakErvlc9bMzKCUHP5EN7P7pz0YfZEvRVFTYvUtYXbjBjeEYjevw2McOoViA85bSkYSDGWdRJjaE7vwHM-HgnedUtjvT_WzD8rzdBmkgO6PdC7EY8RwHWfRPWXKykGW6eWni19L6qfqp0FAmujgwtGdE_znJET8bA2NMtE9JsOcT9ILd7P-8ATQqacCsFCHp5jru3HjWOJnjA7hawoJkKZHreK1YewDrWTvl9xiBcivWysD9Mn8ryAPi7HhYnRkqZ93vDSlef10RDmCtMPKsIDO_4BpznOJHZonnhAyYRlvkCjNr=w480-h640-no

I've had a box come to my door with a gash in it, club is probably ok

I've had a box come to my door with a gash in it, club is probably ok
Club. Is. AWESOME!

And hopefully in one piece. Hahahha

Morgan Pressel added the 5 hybrid to her bag.
Im using the same setup as her I believe right now.

Absolutely love this club in the 5.

Morgan Pressel added the 5 hybrid to her bag.
Im using the same setup as her I believe right now.

Absolutely love this club in the 5.
Favorite Callaway hybrid I have ever hit, and I have hit a ton of them the last few years. So good.

I wish it worked for me because I loved the feel of it. Not to mention it looks freaking awesome

am I seriously considering dropping 5i and going with 5h?! yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am I seriously considering dropping 5i and going with 5h?! yep

Next time we are together, you can take mine for a spin.

Next time we are together, you can take mine for a spin.

would love to take you up on that

I have the 18 and it's an amazing club. Easy to hit off the fairway. Just high, long shots. Considering a 20 and 23 now.

How much should I consider dropping my adored X2H 5 hybrid for the Apex?

Back