Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

I couldn't get the 2deep airborn for crap LOL

I'm like Kang though, my review time showed ball speeds much more akin to driver than the deeps were.

I had the X2Hot 2 deep but couldn't hit hit well lol. The mini is providing more ball speed. It's almost driver like.
So it's a case by case thing I guess....I'm not looking to kick the 2 deep out honestly, cause that thing is typically money from both the fairway and Tee

So it's a case by case thing I guess....I'm not looking to kick the 2 deep out honestly, cause that thing is typically money from both the fairway and Tee
Yeah you get that 2 deep up like my pw... I think you will gain distance and forgiveness. I believe shaft is longer though

Had my first round with the Mini Bertha and I am sold. Used as a driver replacement in every hole and also used it three times from the deck on par 5s. I am a 15 handicap with a mid to high 90s ss and had no issues from the deck. However, the club shined from the tee. I got pretty close to my driver distance but far greater control. Shot my best score of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What shaft did you go for? Were you fitted for it?

I plugged in my trusty Aldila Tour Blue in stiff. The speeder seemed too light and the Kuro Kage was too low launch for me. The Tour Blue was just perfect.

I plugged in my trusty Aldila Tour Blue in stiff. The speeder seemed too light and the Kuro Kage was too low launch for me. The Tour Blue was just perfect.

I am also not 100% sold on the Kuro Kage I have in mine so I ordered a Handcrafted PX LZ like I have in my XR driver.

I love the Kuro Kage in mine. Perfect for my action.
I am also not 100% sold on the Kuro Kage I have in mine so I ordered a Handcrafted PX LZ like I have in my XR driver.

What's lower launching, the Kuro Kage or the Tour Green?

What's lower launching, the Kuro Kage or the Tour Green?

I assume the Kuro based on my experience but my swing is anything bur repeatable.

I'm actually in the minority in that I am really really enjoying the KK TiNi the more that I use it.

Hit this club extremely well off the tee today, should have used it more on the back 9 the second my driver got a little wonky, but I'm stubborn.

I'm actually in the minority in that I am really really enjoying the KK TiNi the more that I use it.

Hit this club extremely well off the tee today, should have used it more on the back 9 the second my driver got a little wonky, but I'm stubborn.

Same here, so glad I went with the KK as its a really good fit for me. Overall I hit this really well on some challenging courses this weekend. Minus those damn first tee jitters of course. ;)

I assume the Kuro based on my experience but my swing is anything bur repeatable.
Did you really say your swing is t repeatable?

Hit the 14 stock stiff all neutral settings with trackman. I'm not a big hitter. Driver carry 235-245. I was getting this 230-235 and 220+ carry of the deck with run forever. Possibly a ponderable club. I would possibly drop the driver and upgrade my 4w.

Has anyone with the mini played the 2 deep prior to having the Mini? I've been gaming the 2 deep for over a yea, and have taken a few passes with this mini, and I've yet to see where it's advantageous to swap them out.

I still have my X2 Hot Pro Deeps(2,3 & 5) I had to try the new Bertha mini 1.5 12* thinking it might be a replacement for my 2 Deep.......nope it wasn't. I Love my 2 Deep it's the easiest Club I have ever hit off the tee or deck and in any lie as well. I did get good results with my Bertha mini I just felt I hit my 2 Deep much better is all. I'll be selling my Bertha mini 1.5.

,Mike.

Mine showed up today, can't wait til tomorrow morning to try it out!

At first, I thought it an anomaly and luck, but in 8 straight rounds now at least once per round I am destroying this off the deck. Still 100% believe it will be more effective there for bigger swingers, but I'm honestly surprised by the flight I'm getting out of it there. Makes it a much better fill in my bag, 95% for the tee, but now I'm completely confident in that 5% off the deck.

At first, I thought it an anomaly and luck, but in 8 straight rounds now at least once per round I am destroying this off the deck. Still 100% believe it will be more effective there for bigger swingers, but I'm honestly surprised by the flight I'm getting out of it there. Makes it a much better fill in my bag, 95% for the tee, but now I'm completely confident in that 5% off the deck.

I'm not a big swinger, but I hit one off the deck over the weekend just for fun and man it was good. Nice launch and went right where I was aimed.

It is amazing how solid it feels at impact both off the tee and deck.

Are you playing it at 14*?

Haven't hit it off the deck since I got it, haven't needed that shot. What it does add is a 260 yard dead straight drive when I need to throttle back a bit.

I'm a fan.

Haven't hit it off the deck since I got it, haven't needed that shot. What it does add is a 260 yard dead straight drive when I need to throttle back a bit.

I'm a fan.
That's a great tee ball to have in your arsenal!

I'll be a long knocker like Fupy some day.

Back