Callaway Del Mar Zephyr Golf Shoes Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I like them, they look really comfy and the new sole looks like it would provide much better traction than the previous model.

Well done Hawk! Callaway has a hit on their hands with the Del Mar line. The Zephyr looks to be a solid addition. I do like the aggressive spike pattern of these. I will probably give these a try even though I really don't need any more golf shoes.

Not really my style of shoe, but I like that sole. Looks similar to the xcage vibe sole, which provides fantastic traction.

I really like the new sole. In the market for a replacement to the original del Mar so this may fit the bill nicely.

• Admin
I really like the new sole. In the market for a replacement to the original del Mar so this may fit the bill nicely.
To me they are more comfortable as well. I was a big fan of the 1st version and have been wearing these for a few weeks now.

To me they are more comfortable as well. I was a big fan of the 1st version and have been wearing these for a few weeks now.
That's nice to hear. I know how big you were on the comfort for the original, I am a well, so that's saying a lot. Might just have to take the plunge though. No one near me carries callaway shoes, which is a shame.

These look to be a little more rugged but still have that wrap around comfort. The brown even look good.

looks like a comfortable shoe for sure. I'm still not sold on the looks but I would have to see in person to really make a decision.

Thanks for the write up

The sole looks great on these as far as traction. Will definitely be worth a look when the need for new shoes arises.

Great writeup but the shoe is very meh to me. More excited about other Callaway offerings.

Nice review here Hawk, these are a comfy looking pair of shoes that have a bit "classiness" to them with the material as opposed so like the Monolites or Adicross.

Will keep these in mind when in the need for a new pair, Callaway did a nice job here.

Looks like my next pair of shoes, I like the all around look and they look like they might have more traction than ECCO's which I need.

Thanks for the review Hawk.

Aesthetically the previous versions of the Del Mars were not catching my eye, but I like these. I especially like the extra padding around the Achillies area. I'll have to keep an eye out for these locally and try them on.

Great write up Ryan. I have never entertained the idea of purchasing a set of Callaway golf shoes before, however that is slowly changing. Can't beat the price and the 2-year warranty.

Great review Hawk.

Thanks for reading folks. I've worn the Del Mars since 2011 with comfort walking being the big attractor. They did always lack in traction compared to some others, so it's nice to see they've come up with a new sole design.

I still have a pair of Del Mars nib in the closet. But, the Zephyr looks like a good improvement over the original design. I like the style of these and they sure do look comfortable. I like a little more room in the toe area. Thanks for the review, Ryan.

Something about the way the heel area was designed on the original Del Mars just didn't mesh with my Frankenfeet...good to see the next iteration of these though.

Gorgeous shoes, and I've always heard such good things about their comfort, and the new styling on these might just move it up to the top of the shoe ponder list!

Great review. I will have to try them.. soon! Thanks!

It's not my style, but a nice review.

~Rock

Nice write up. I'm torn on the looks but like what I'm hearing on them. Definitely has me conflicted. Going to have to see them in person.

What kind of leather are these? I try to swaddle my foot only in yak. :alien:

Seriously though, depending on the comfort I would game these. They have almost the same look as my day-to-day footwear.

I really have turned to this style shoe the last year or so, I always wore saddle shoes but after getting my first pair in their style (FJ contours) I haven't looked back, they just fit my foot best. I think I'm gonna end up jumping on a pair of these. Thanks for the review.

Back