Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Sorry if already confirmed:

Do we know if the weights (the sliding and the fixed ones) in these new pups are the same as those from prior releases (Epic Flash and Mavrik respectively)?

Sorry if already confirmed:

Do we know if the weights (the sliding and the fixed ones) in these new pups are the same as those from prior releases (Epic Flash and Mavrik respectively)?
Not sure, maybe @vgolfman can chime in for us

No SZ option is an interesting twist but makes complete sense with the trends. Id be on board in the LS camp and anything with any type of draw bias is out the door for me as it is. So, if this is the more workable option and could provide some fade......im intrigued. I like the look and the color scheming as well. The fairways are also interesting. I like the front and back weighting systems more that the the iterations in the heel. Just make more sense to me.
We all know that in two months or so there will be another release with more "tour" specs, extra diamonds, etc. Not a bad thing but it happens every Callaway release and luckily I have patience this time tonwait and see.
I will certainly hit these and maybe next Sat.

We all know that in two months or so there will be another release with more "tour" specs, extra diamonds, etc. Not a bad thing but it happens every Callaway release and luckily I have patience this time tonwait and see.
Fwiw, this one is directly aligned at the trends on Tour specifically.

So about this MMT shaft? Any idea on playing characteristics yet? I heard about them a while back but haven’t seen any feedback yet.

So about this MMT shaft? Any idea on playing characteristics yet? I heard about them a while back but haven’t seen any feedback yet.
Not sure, all new shaft as it pertains to the metal mesh technology coming to wood shafts.

If it’s like the irons, in a word, stout.

Epic release there. That green is such a solid colour I love to see it on the clubs. I viewed the photos a few weeks back and liked what I saw.

Not sure, maybe @vgolfman can chime in for us
The cylinder/screw weights look different but function the same and older models CAN be used on the Epic 21 wood family. The slider weights look and are dimensionally different and CANNOT used interchangeably with previous models.

The cylinder/screw weights look different but function the same and older models CAN be used on the Epic 21 wood family. The slider weights look and are dimensionally different and CANNOT used interchangeably with previous models.
Thank you good sir!

@DNice26 there ya go!

The technology story here is pretty impressive. That they're able to see forgiveness gains year over year the way they have is crazy IMO, but I love it. I'm not really in love with the looks, but nothing serious enough to scare me away from them if they perform.

Literally just emailed my fitter at CC to see when these would be in. Been waiting for these to hit before doing my top of bag fitting.

Fwiw, this one is directly aligned at the trends on Tour specifically.

I still will bet some rum in 2-3 months there will be more options....if I lose I will drink the rum with no ice..there is some great tech here and I will try them maybe on the 23rd with @CobraX51 if I am healed up.

Always looking for unicorns and Callaway can design them without any doubt.

100% it’s out there and no doubt there will be some tour adoption

1610737051815.png

Coming from the Epic Flash which I love these look amazing. Although not sure between the regular and the speed version. Will be watching what people coming from the epic flash prefer. And need to demo but one of these will be in my bag this spring.

I still will bet some rum in 2-3 months there will be more options....if I lose I will drink the rum with no ice..there is some great tech here and I will try them maybe on the 23rd with @CobraX51 if I am healed up.

Always looking for unicorns and Callaway can design them without any doubt.
Is that really a punishment?

No ones saying it’s not out there though, but I know internet golfers need those diamonds! ;)

I’d hit it too. :ROFLMAO:
I didn’t mean to infer it wasn’t out there. I was confirming @jim54 thoughts

13 of them are in play this week at the Sony including Xander and Rahm.

Furyk is playing the Epic Speed at 47"

Hit the epic speed ls this morning. I went down the shaft rabbit hole, which was crazy fun. ;) Sound is good. Definitely more spin than the Mav sz. It really does have good forgiveness across the face. I liked it. I wasn't keen on the mmt shaft, but got along well with the 9* head @ -1 N with the ventus black, smoke im10, and lagp (beyond x-flex, I have no idea on model).

IMG_2230.jpeg

13 of them are in play this week at the Sony including Xander and Rahm.

Furyk is playing the Epic Speed at 47"
Oh wow!

Hit the epic speed ls this morning. I went down the shaft rabbit hole, which was crazy fun. ;) Sound is good. Definitely more spin than the Mav sz. It really does have good forgiveness across the face. I liked it. I wasn't keen on the mmt shaft, but got along well with the 9* head @ -1 N with the ventus black, smoke im10, and lagp (beyond x-flex, I have no idea on model).

View attachment 8988451
That is a nice variety of shafts to try!!!!

From 2014 until 2020, I played the same Big Bertha Driver, and had some success with it.

2020 I went with the Mavrik standard 9*, and had a love/hate relationship. Part of that being I wasn’t fit for it, the other part was that I lost my tee box swing. Some great drives, but my misses were short and teetering on OB.

The technology that went into these sounds like a dream come true to me. I really had a problem finding the right launch and forgiveness with the standard Mavrik, and now I am very likely to be going into the Epic Max; to get the face closed, have really high MOI, but better launch conditions as well. The technology is certainly here, but one aspect I am probably most excited about, is that carbon patch near the toe. When I get lazy on my swing I cannot seem to get the face closed. This is one area that I’m hoping to see the most improvement with the Epic’s help.

Back