Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

bring it on Freddie. I ain't scared

That's pretty solid. I guess I can pull the cart up further if necessary haha.
Still can't catch yoy bro

T2grn long lives in MD

Okay guys, lets keep this to the actual driver review thread.
Thanks everybody.

So a few questions for those that already have one:

What loft head do you have, and what is it set to?
Where is your sliding weight set?
What is your typical ball flight, and are you using the sliding weight to try to achieve a different flight?

For me, I have a 9* head, which I set to 8* initially but have moved back to 9* and neutral since on course it seems to get a better visual launch for me.

My sliding weight is set just a bit towards draw. It is just past the chevron logo which is usually hidden at the standard setting.

My typical ball flight before the GBB was a slight fade when I hit my driver correctly. But with the GBB, it's pretty straight. The weight set a bit towards draw seems to be helping in that aspect, and I've seen a more consistently straight to even a tad bit of a draw with this driver. So I'd say that yes, I am using the weight to assist, and it seems to do its job.

I have it set to 11.5.
Weight is moved slightly towards fade.
My ball flight has been fairly straight with this one.

I have it set to 11.5.
Weight is moved slightly towards fade.
My ball flight has been fairly straight with this one.
This, this, aaaaaaand this but with a touch of fade on it.

So a few questions for those that already have one:

What loft head do you have, and what is it set to?
Where is your sliding weight set?
What is your typical ball flight, and are you using the sliding weight to try to achieve a different flight?

For me, I have a 9* head, which I set to 8* initially but have moved back to 9* and neutral since on course it seems to get a better visual launch for me.

My sliding weight is set just a bit towards draw. It is just past the chevron logo which is usually hidden at the standard setting.

My typical ball flight before the GBB was a slight fade when I hit my driver correctly. But with the GBB, it's pretty straight. The weight set a bit towards draw seems to be helping in that aspect, and I've seen a more consistently straight to even a tad bit of a draw with this driver. So I'd say that yes, I am using the weight to assist, and it seems to do its job.

Loft set to 8
Sliding weight I notch away from the complete Fade spot.
I get a little right to left when hit well, big right to left when not with the Fubuki. With Grandura, its more of a right miss.

9* head lofted to 10. Apw is set towards fade just a little.

i get a little big of a straight shot and sometimes baby draw. Farley hook the ball anymore unless I just put a bad swing on it

Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

Set to 10. Slide the weight all the way to fade and mash a tight draw high and long!

What I noticed when I had my fitting was the standard 10.5 setting for me was best, which is strange as I came from a 14° r15 lofted up to 16°. My angle of attack is improving though as I have a tendency to hit down on the driver. Still waiting on mine to arrive so i can get it on the course.

What I noticed when I had my fitting was the standard 10.5 setting for me was best, which is strange as I came from a 14° r15 lofted up to 16°. My angle of attack is improving though as I have a tendency to hit down on the driver. Still waiting on mine to arrive so i can get it on the course.

Were you fit to the previously 14* lofted to 16*? I guess maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought if you tend to hit down on the ball, you tend to impart more spin which would normally equate to a lower lofted driver. So now I'm confused. I need club clash.

What I noticed when I had my fitting was the standard 10.5 setting for me was best, which is strange as I came from a 14° r15 lofted up to 16°. My angle of attack is improving though as I have a tendency to hit down on the driver. Still waiting on mine to arrive so i can get it on r the course.

I had an SLDR 14* and it launched about the same as my G25 12* set to 11* and the GBB set to 10.5. For me the GBB was a very high launching club. I could see people lofting down with it easily. Got to remember too the late TM drivers are very weight forward / low spin and thus you need more loft to get the ball up in The air.

Were you fit to the previously 14* lofted to 16*? I guess maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought if you tend to hit down on the ball, you tend to impart more spin which would normally equate to a lower lofted driver. So now I'm confused. I need club clash.

I was not fitted to it. The 16 setting worked best for me at the time. Now i am higting more on the up i went back to 14 and was happy. However the bertha set at 10.5 was launching better and ball speed was better abd much more forgiving.

I had an SLDR 14* and it launched about the same as my G25 12* set to 11* and the GBB set to 10.5. For me the GBB was a very high launching club. I could see people lofting down with it easily. Got to remember too the late TM drivers are very weight forward / low spin and thus you need more loft to get the ball up in The air.
Thats what i found as well. Happy with the choice i made. Just need to see how it does in the course.

My GBB is at 10, Draw Setting, with an Oban Isawa 55 (mid launch, mid spin, active bend), and since my miss is towards the toe, the APW is set all the way to fade. Acc. to Callaway, putting the weight towards your miss will extend the sweet spot. Seems to work. Flight is straight to a slight draw.

Could be the longest 2 weeks ever.

drivers-2015-great-big-bertha-udesign____12702_12705_1.png

drivers-2015-great-big-bertha-udesign____12702_12705_3.png

Hahahaha boom! glad you went there dude!

I tried to resist my friend, I did. But even with the possibilites of December looming...I needed that blue. Especially after gaming the 815 uDesign in blue before getting the GBB.

SO PRETTY!

Back