Callaway Paradym Fairway Woods

Just got one due to the trade in bonus at golf town.
Wasnt crazy about the silver Hzrdus shaft. All my shots were consistent but leaking right.
Tried the Kaili white 70s and it felt better and was the same launch and distance but was much tighter dispersion.
Unfortunately it is not a stick combo and they are quoting me 4-6 week wait.
Went back another day tried it again and wow was hitting great. Was in the foresight GC quad with the stickers so was getting accurate readings.
Hit 152 ball speed and was consistently around 150-151 with 12 launch and 3100 spin.
These were near driver numbers and this was of the deck. Was easy to hit and mishits were very forgiven. No difficulty elevating it. Was surprised how great the shaft was as I usually go lighter and softer.

Can't wait to get it on the course.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
I ordered one with that shaft (kaili white 70s) Monday at it showed up today fwiw

Just got one due to the trade in bonus at golf town.
Wasnt crazy about the silver Hzrdus shaft. All my shots were consistent but leaking right.
Tried the Kaili white 70s and it felt better and was the same launch and distance but was much tighter dispersion.
Unfortunately it is not a stick combo and they are quoting me 4-6 week wait.
Went back another day tried it again and wow was hitting great. Was in the foresight GC quad with the stickers so was getting accurate readings.
Hit 152 ball speed and was consistently around 150-151 with 12 launch and 3100 spin.
These were near driver numbers and this was of the deck. Was easy to hit and mishits were very forgiven. No difficulty elevating it. Was surprised how great the shaft was as I usually go lighter and softer.

Can't wait to get it on the course.
The HZRDUS Silver works really well for me when I keep my swing smooth. If I try to step on it and go all caveman, things start getting wild - but that makes sense seeing as how the Silver is intended for a moderate swing tempo.

Callaway really knocked it out of the park with the blue forged carbon, it's beautiful.
Agreed. It is striking. I chose green in the club color poll. This almost changes my mind.

I love how they can all be a little different and I also love how mine has those pops of the bright blue

Went to the range with the Paradym today and absolutely loved it. It has a very firm feel off the face but very forgiving off mishits. The LinQ Purple was also pretty surprising. Very well balanced and stable with a rather solid feel for a mid spin shaft

For only the second time in my 20+ years at my home course, I was able to reach the par five 16 green at my home course in 2. Hit a pretty good drive with my triple diamond paradigm driver and then struck a pure shot with my Paradym 3 wood about 30 feet past the pin which unfortunately I missed for eagle but I did get my birdie. I have been playing a little bit with the position of the ball off the deck and bringing a little bit closer to the middle of my stance and seem to be giving me a little bit better solid contact. So I might be on to something. I am not a very long hitter so for me to get on a par five in two shots is pretty special.

Today will be the first day I get to hit it on course.

Would like opinions on the driver as well.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I only hit the TD 3w three times today but hit it really well. @Carolina Dundee is questioning why I don’t hit it more.

Enjoyed my first range session with the high launch. can’t wait to get this out on course

I only hit the TD 3w three times today but hit it really well. @Carolina Dundee is questioning why I don’t hit it more.

you may have been under par if the driver didn’t come out. 300ish is enough for any of the tee shots and you could always hit more than an 8i into those par 5s.

I do appreciate not having to play any farther back but I’m not sure those are the best tees for you.

you may have been under par if the driver didn’t come out. 300ish is enough for any of the tee shots and you could always hit more than an 8i into those par 5s.

I do appreciate not having to play any farther back but I’m not sure those are the best tees for you.
Trying to hit driver when I didn’t need to cost me some strokes today. Should have just hit the fairway or UW. I’ve trying to play the distance I believe we will be playing at for the Grandaddy (around 6500). I should be playing further back but that also creates its set of issues of me being the only one playing from there.

Loving the 3HL/ Kai'li combo. Sound / feel / flight are perfect for me.
215 out yesterday after a poor drive and knocked it to a foot.
I find I have to choke down a 1/2 inch on it.

@Jman I know you test a lot of equipment, how would you compare the Epic Flash fairway woods** with the Paradym fairway woods? Is there a big differences between the two, or just minor differences?

Thanks!

**if you ever played them.

@Jman I know you test a lot of equipment, how would you compare the Epic Flash fairway woods** with the Paradym fairway woods? Is there a big differences between the two, or just minor differences?

Thanks!

**if you ever played them.
I hooked the hell out of the Flash ones, so they never really fit me all that well. For Paradym, I hit the standard models a bit at the LA release but that’s it, my time now is on a Tour head that’s not like the standard ones so I’m not much help! Sorry!

I hooked the hell out of the Flash ones, so they never really fit me all that well. For Paradym, I hit the standard models a bit at the LA release but that’s it, my time now is on a Tour head that’s not like the standard ones so I’m not much help! Sorry!
Thanks for your response, and good luck with the Tour head. (y)

One more question. I've searched high and low but can't find the adjustability numbers for the Paradym 3HL. I know it's 16.5º, and I know it's adjustable, I just can't find how high and low those adjustments go. Does anyone know?

One more question. I've searched high and low but can't find the adjustability numbers for the Paradym 3HL. I know it's 16.5º, and I know it's adjustable, I just can't find how high and low those adjustments go. Does anyone know?
It goes from +2° to -1°, in 1° increments.

I decided to go with the Rogue ST Max fairway woods (3HL and Heavenwood). Purchased on Callaway Preowned for a total of $308 ("Like New" and "Very Good").

I decided to go with the Rogue ST Max fairway woods (3HL and Heavenwood). Purchased on Callaway Preowned for a total of $308 ("Like New" and "Very Good").
I don’t understand why Callaway stopped making those two in LH. I got my Paradym 3W for about $20 on Callaway.com after trading two old FWs, but I might just exchange it in the PGASS for a Taylormade 3HL or TSR2 4 wood.
I love Cally hybrids, but they’re really limited in FW options for LHers.

Last edited:
Back