Callaway UPro MX GPS

Sounds like Callaway are really stepping up to the plate with regards to there customer service. Does anyone else think though that they should have delayed the release until the website was fully functional so that the product could do as advertised straight out of the box?

I would be pretty peeved having to wait this long to unlock the extra features

Sounds like Callaway are really stepping up to the plate with regards to there customer service. Does anyone else think though that they should have delayed the release until the website was fully functional so that the product could do as advertised straight out of the box?

yeah, doesnt make sense to release a half finished product, but im glad they are stepping up to the plate and trying to make things right

To be honest I don't think they had much option though, unhappy customers are not good for business at the end of the day

I bet someone is going to get a kicking once it is all done and dusted

Not really, because the ProMode is an added feature, although there should have been better explanations prior to purchasing.

Without the ProMode it is still an excellent unit. In fact I would have been really disappointed if they delayed it any further than they did just to incorporate added functionality, but that's just me.

Added feature or not, to me the fact of the matter is when the unit was released you were not able to fully utilize it if you wanted too.

If they had said on the packaging that the ProMode would be available at a later date then that would have been fine

I am as anxious as anyone who has purchased one of these for the Pro Mode feature to work and I have experienced one episode of losing satelite lock and the scrolling is too sensitive to easily select numbers. But the Callaway Customer Service Support has been very responsive and supportive. I have contacted them twice and heard back within 8 hours. I am going to give them some time to get this right and look forward to using it with the full capability I purchased it for.

QUOTE=mikedean441;695233]yeah, doesnt make sense to release a half finished product, but im glad they are stepping up to the plate and trying to make things right[/QUOTE]

a couple of problems that I hope will get fixed with a firmware update when the site is up.

I have used it for a couple of rounds now and noticed that the button on the front doesn't do anything.

Touch screen is just too sensitive, would love to have to a hold it longer before it changes.

anyone else having issues? maybe we need to start a new thread that Callaway could respond to.

the button on the front doesn't do anything.
It is my understanding that it won't do anything until you get all the software downloaded whent he site goes live.
And I'll +1 the issue with trying to select numbers for strokes/putts, and it kind of does what it wants.

I was having some problems scrolling the score and putt digits but then came to the realization that if the number is visible on the screen all you need to do is press it as opposed to scrolling. Not sure if that is the issue you guys are having. Where I find it does what it wants is on selecting the right hole for putts, score, fairways and GIR. As I am pretty sure I mentioned in a prior post I have thick fingers so I do get the wrong hole often enough though I am getting a little better with it.

I'm really starting to get frustrated that the site is not live yet. I have a tournament tomorrow on a course I have never played before and really could have used the pro mode...

I sent an email to Callaway today to see if they will add my home course in Mexico. I have my doubts though as looking through their database, I see several courses with more than 10 separate requests that they have not yet added.

I havent really messed with the stats side of things yet, Im going to read up on the online owners manual this week and get more familiar with all of the options

Where I find it does what it wants is on selecting the right hole for putts, score, fairways and GIR.
I am replacing a GPS GolfGuru (which I really like!) withthe uPro. This is the one place I think the Guru has it hands down over the uPro. When you're on a hole, and you go to the scorecard, it should be only that hole that is available to input data. On the Guru, you click on 'scoring' and it pretty much has a yes/no toggle for FIR and GIR and how many putts, total score. Then it auto advances as you drive up to the next hole. Showing the entire card on that little screen just isn't great, IMO.

I am replacing a GPS GolfGuru (which I really like!) withthe uPro. This is the one place I think the Guru has it hands down over the uPro. When you're on a hole, and you go to the scorecard, it should be only that hole that is available to input data. On the Guru, you click on 'scoring' and it pretty much has a yes/no toggle for FIR and GIR and how many putts, total score. Then it auto advances as you drive up to the next hole. Showing the entire card on that little screen just isn't great, IMO.

I have a GPS GolfGuru that I really like too. I am going to wait until it dies before I move on.

Hurricane golf has these Callaway gps units for 160 right now.

Ok. I figured it out. it only works in go mode and the cross hairs needs to be pressed first then it works.

Now if they can only get the firmware updated to stop lockups.

I have a GPS GolfGuru that I really like too. I am going to wait until it dies before I move on.

Hurricane golf has these Callaway gps units for 160 right now.
Well, I didn't really NEED to get anything new, but for the size of it, the price and the "sorry for your troubles" freebie that Callaway is going to hand out upon activation, I said screw it. The ONLY thing wrong with my Guru is when I try to measure a shot, every time I push the "mark" button, it shuts off the unit. This only started recently. I think entering data is still way faster on the Guru, though. But the pro mode on the uPro is going to be pretty awesome, if it ever happens. :disapointed:

So has anyone tried registering their upro mx yet? I'm at work and don't have mine with me. The site, www.callawayuxplore.com, has completely changed. But it is utterly slow! At least it's slow over work connection.

Edit - BTW, I can't get the site to come up with Firefox. It's ultra slow via IE.

hahaha so much for letting everyone know when the site is available!!

I'll give it a shot here shortly.

Which is what I was thinking. I checked my email and nothing. They're trying to sneak it in so no one signs up for the 5 free courses. I'd rather have a deal on the unlimited course plan ($59.99). FYI, 25 course plan is $29.99.

the site doesn't look too bad to me. I like how you can get a preview of the course. I didn't see any of the Reunion courses listed on the site though...that's a downer

Maybe it's my IE, but during the registration process there is a portion wherein you must type the words shown in Flash. Well I don't see anything, so I'm stuck in the registration process.

Edit - I guess Flash crashed. A page refresh has me registered.

Epic fail callaway. All the emails about its progress and not one person notified when the site finally goes live? hah.

i sent in a reply to email for the upgrades. it might be awhile. maybe ill just purchase pro mode so i can finish my review and have em reimburse.

I kind of skimmed here guys, so I'll ask the BIG question. My brother in law is thinking he wants one of these and before he commits, is everything good to go with these things or not???

I kind of skimmed here guys, so I'll ask the BIG question. My brother in law is thinking he wants one of these and before he commits, is everything good to go with these things or not???

I can't say if ready for prime time. I don't have mx with me at work to try the sync feature. After I created an account, using the course search feature was not resulting with courses in my area. 5 courses were listed; 1 in southern VA (I'm in northern VA 3.5 hours away from listed course), 1 in TX, 1 in ID, 1 in SC and 1 in MN. While not logged into uxplore account, search feature worked as expected. So maybe it's my browser settings in the office.

talked to a customer service manager on the phone. apparantly once you register your device on the site - they will update your account wtihin a few days for the promo they promised. he checked my status and saw i registered today - but has to wait on a certain dept to actually activate the benefits.

on another note: when i install the software - it asks to connect the upro. i select sync - and it says unknown sync device - sync is not possible. and closes. awesome.... uninstalling everything and starting over...

wow Im looking at every hole at reunion golf resort - pretty awesome feature...

you can hole by hole and view each hole in a video flyby - sweet!

Back