Callaway UPro MX GPS

I too also assumed that you will be able to "select" which shots you want to include for tracking purposes, as much as Id like that 200 yard bladed 9 iron that hit teh cart path to count for distance, just doesnt seem like the right way to do it lol

As per upro mx users guide:

"3.1.5 UTRACK
Your upro mx comes equipped to support exciting new technologies that will be introduced in the future."

So utrack doesn't work at the moment, but will be in a future software upgrade (I presume). I assume that when you select a club in shot tracking, it will save the shot instead of it being lost when you move to the next hole (as is currently the case). Then you can see average distance per club, what the range is for your typical shot with that club (+/- 1 yard or +/- 10?). UTRACK was one of the features I was looking forward to when I bought the mx. Not sure where that is on Callaway's priorities once the website is working.

Not saying the two, utrack and shot tracking, won't be used in conjunction somehow, but you're confusing the two. As you indicated from 3.1.5 "...new technologies that will be introduced in the future."

As you indicated, there is a shot tracking feature in Basic Mode which is limited; section 2.5.3. Section 2.8 describes how shot tracking is enhanced in Pro Mode; "...keep track of your yardage. You will be able to build an averages distance for each club..."

Basically, you can currently choose which shots to track and which shots not to track. So you can eliminate the thin, fat and any other bad shots. Once Pro Mode works, the device/website will maintain all shots to build averages. I would guess with the website, we'll be able to see some type of chart showing average distance increasing over time.

Not saying the two, utrack and shot tracking, won't be used in conjunction somehow, but you're confusing the two. As you indicated from 3.1.5 "...new technologies that will be introduced in the future."

As you indicated, there is a shot tracking feature in Basic Mode which is limited; section 2.5.3. Section 2.8 describes how shot tracking is enhanced in Pro Mode; "...keep track of your yardage. You will be able to build an averages distance for each club..."

Basically, you can currently choose which shots to track and which shots not to track. So you can eliminate the thin, fat and any other bad shots. Once Pro Mode works, the device/website will maintain all shots to build averages. I would guess with the website, we'll be able to see some type of chart showing average distance increasing over time.

guess I should read over that users manual, I knows its on one of these pages, anyone got a quick link?

I have been ready to get one of these, but was waiting on it to be fully functional, has there been any news as to when that will happen?

I have been ready to get one of these, but was waiting on it to be fully functional, has there been any news as to when that will happen?

nope, just been giving updates every 10 days or so saying they are still working on it

Thanks for setting me straight, Aries0321! The two are different, although I don't think we need ProMode to track averages, just a functional website -- section 2.7 is ProMode, while 2.8, 2.9, etc., appear to describe functions not dependent upon ProMode.

I recall reading something about a future feature for one of the golf GPS units -- being able to identify which club you have in hand, so you don't have to select it from a list (you would have to buy some sort of ID chip that attached to each club, I suppose?). I don't recall if it was supposed to be from Callaway. Has anyone else heard something like that? Could that be utrack or am I hallucinating again?

Last edited:
nope, just been giving updates every 10 days or so saying they are still working on it

I wonder what could be taking so long, websites aren't that hard to build, makes me think it's more of a software issue and they are working on an update.

Johneb; that was the sgx- it had a sensor you put it in the hole of the grip. They were having problems getting the USGA to sign off on it was all I heard.

As for the website; I can say after playing with it for about an hour the day it was up- it's no ordinary website.

It had a golf course search feature that pulled up a full course satellite view- you could scroll the holes - and see which #, the yardages, par etc. It was very slick.

The issue I was having was actually syncing the device- it wasn't syncing with callaway's server.

But this is speculation so probably shouldn't have even been posted however I did want to say it's one of the most technologically advanced Websites. They clearly have been workin hard.

Johneb; that was the sgx- it had a sensor you put it in the hole of the grip. They were having problems getting the USGA to sign off on it was all I heard.

As for the website; I can say after playing with it for about an hour the day it was up- it's no ordinary website.

It had a golf course search feature that pulled up a full course satellite view- you could scroll the holes - and see which #, the yardages, par etc. It was very slick.

The issue I was having was actually syncing the device- it wasn't syncing with callaway's server.

But this is speculation so probably shouldn't have even been posted however I did want to say it's one of the most technologically advanced Websites. They clearly have been workin hard.

awesome, getting more and more excited for this to get up and running

Thank you all for your patience as we worked through some of the challenges with the site. Because the site took longer to launch than anticipated, we are increasing our ProMode offer. All those who register their upro mx device before July 1st will receive 25 free ProMode courses. The free courses will be credited to your account within three days after registration.

We have read your comments on this thread and others about the upro mx and want to assure you that we are listening.

Thanks again.
-Callaway Tech Support

Anyone else getting nervous about losing out on the half price unlimited ProMode course plan? July 1st is this Friday.

Anyone else getting nervous about losing out on the half price unlimited ProMode course plan? July 1st is this Friday.

I don't think we need to be nervous. July 1st offer was from the June 17 message, when the website was up and July 1 was two weeks away. Prior to June 17, the message from Callaway stated upgrade offers would be valid two weeks after the site was up. So if Callaway still has any sense of customer service, the offer will be valid two weeks after the website stays up reliably for registration.

Last edited:
I don't think we need to be nervous. July 1st offer was from the June 17 message, when the website was up and July 1 was two weeks away. Prior to June 17, the message from Callaway stated upgrade offers would be valid two weeks after the site was up. So if Callaway still has any sense of customer service, the offer will be valid two weeks after the website stays up reliably for registration.

I agree, after all this isnt our fault

GOOD NEWS, THE SITE IS FINALLY UP AND SUPPOSEDLY RUNNING!!!

Im in the process of trying to sync, taking awhile

Last edited:
I'm on the site and it is working quite well. Took about 3 minutes the first time I hooked up, but since then I've downloaded ten courses, taking less than one minute per course. Extra features like shot tracking still are unavailable as far as I can see.

I'm on the site and it is working quite well. Took about 3 minutes the first time I hooked up, but since then I've downloaded ten courses, taking less than one minute per course. Extra features like shot tracking still are unavailable as far as I can see.

did u sign up then for either the 25 courses or the unlimited? I was going to sign up for the unlimited but saw that they were still offering it at the full price, wasnt sure hwo to get the credit

did u sign up then for either the 25 courses or the unlimited? I was going to sign up for the unlimited but saw that they were still offering it at the full price, wasnt sure hwo to get the credit

I signup up for the unlimited back on the 17th -- it is still recognizing me today. I called Callaway last week and they said they would credit to my unlimited package when the website was back up. I'm trusting them on this -- I'll call later this week to confirm.

Call Tech Support.

We will be able to make this happen for you, yes. We figured some golfers would want to apply the offer to the Unlimited plan. The process of crediting this $29.99 offer toward your Unlimited package isn't automated on the site at this time, however, so please call us at Tech Support to make this happen. Thank you.

Well this is exciting. Can't wait to start hearing some thoughts on the full features

No way am I going to get any work done tomorrow. I'll be in the office checking it out all day.

Thats why I'm loading all I can tonight! Hope I'll be able to keep at least one eye on work tomorrow! (who am I kidding ...)

Thats why I'm loading all I can tonight! Hope I'll be able to keep at least one eye on work tomorrow! (who am I kidding ...)

Not even going to try and kid myself. My entire day will be spent fiddling with the mx. I've already turned on out-of-office assistant in Exchange. Desk phone will be muted. Cell phone will be silenced.

Just this second, I've discovered something else I'll be doing tomorrow. I got my approval to upgrade my phone. Bye-bye Evo 4G. Hello EVO 3D!

tried to load my pro mode courses but its not detecting the upro.. it is in windows - but not on the site. top right corner when i tried to load.... upro not connected.. but windows says it is.

Back