Camilo possible rules violation... Phoned in?

... this way we dont have some old coot sitting on a couch with the phone in his hand waiting to dial at every chance. We know the ones. Heck some of them are even on our forum. :alien:

ROFL!!!

The real problem is this dropped me from 54th to 71st in the fantasy league.:excruciating:

Ha! I dropped to 47th. Dang viewers.

The real problem is this dropped me from 54th to 71st in the fantasy league.:excruciating:

Freaking punch me in the face. He made me drop to 97th. I can't believe that someone is doing worse than me right now.

I just watched this again on the replay and his ball wouldn't even have hit those clods of dirt, it went to the right of where he swept them away with his wedge. I think it's BS, especially when the officials are informed by someone at home. Let's see that happen during a football game this weekend.

Someone from Cobra. Ha... just messing.

Freaking punch me in the face. He made me drop to 97th. I can't believe that someone is doing worse than me right now.

This guy is doing worse than you Seth.

knockout_punch_small.jpg

I can't stand the fact that a person can phone in a rules violation. That bugs the heck out of me.

I'm sitting at 108th right now Seth..... to be fair, I only dropped 4 places.....

I'm really stepping it up, currently ties for 83rd. How does my dust taste to the 3-4 people behind me?

If anyone wants to see it, it made Espn's NOT top ten plays. After his SECOND chip attempt falls short and begins to roll back towards his feet, CV knocks away a few clumps of dirt that he probably caused with his chip attempt. Deffinitly should be a penalty.

I really don't like this ruling. Yeah he broke the rules and nobody caught it. The PGA should admit that they missed it and allow him to continue. Once again, changing results after the fact is a Pandora's Box.

While frustrating, not as much as a PGA Tour pro not knowing basic rules of golf.

Oh I agree with you on that point. But IMO if it's not caught on the course then it's not caught

I dont like it either, but play devil's advocate for a second. Nobody is on TV more than Tiger and Phil. Yet do you EVER see this happen to them? Of course not, because they know and study the rules. Perhaps better education of the rules is the answer, this way we dont have some old coot sitting on a couch with the phone in his hand waiting to dial at every chance. We know the ones. Heck some of them are even on our forum. :alien:

Oh I agree with you on that point. But IMO if it's not caught on the course then it's not caught

Im quoting my other response for this question.

What's interesting is that they were talking about the possible rules infraction by Johnson and nothing about this.

what infraction is that?
What's interesting is that they were talking about the possible rules infraction by Johnson and nothing about this.

When they weren't sure where he was supposed to take a drop.

Maybe infraction was the wrong word. I think there was just confusion about where he was supposed to drop.

Don't know if this has been posted already but Camilo DID get DQ'd today. My take on this is that he indeed broke a rule, but accidentally in my opinion. Similar to Dustin Johnson's famous bunker on 18 at Whistling Straits, after which he remarked, "what bunker?" and later said, "i had no idea my ball was in a bunker, it never appeared that way to me." the difference is though that Johnson's penalty was recognized by a PGA official before the tournament was over. i think it's a little immature or over-the-top for somebody to call a penalty in when clearly nobody on the course or in the booth realized it. as golfers we are responsible for many rules that we must call on ourself (ie. Brian Davis with the loose impediment at the Verizon Heritage), but if you don't realize that you have broken a rule then how are you going to call it on yourself. the way i see it, instead of Camilo lashing out in frustration and hitting his bag with the wedge or smacking out out a chunk of ground, he angrily flipped the few pieces of turf from the divot he took.

On a side note, why didn't anybody call out Graeme McDowell when his ball clearly moved a little in the rough due to him moving around near the ball. Even Faldo said something like, "watch out Graeme!" yet even though people on the property saw this he was not penalized and nobody called in to get him DQ'd. it's just like any sport that has replay capability, and you don't hear about people calling in when there's a clearcut mistake made by refs or umpires.

As a college player and long time tournament golfer, I would be quite upset if I turned in a score that I, as well as the rules officials, coaches, and my competitors agreed was correct. and somebody like a spectator or outside force called me out the next day. Not quite the same context but the same concept. btw, this is all my opinion

I think it was completely on purpose. He moved it so it wouldnt get in the way of the ball. Whether he knew that was breaking a rule or not, I cant answer that

maybe you are correct, but at the same time the biggest problem i have with this is that somebody called in. since when do viewers have the power to influence what goes on inside the ropes? it will be interesting to see what the GC analysts say during today's coverage

I agree. Someone 1 million miles away couldve just called a penalty on Camilo. Awesome
maybe you are correct, but at the same time the biggest problem i have with this is that somebody called in. since when do viewers have the power to influence what goes on inside the ropes? it will be interesting to see what the GC analysts say during today's coverage

Back