Thanks for the kind words. I am overwhelmed by the support here.

I'm sorry to hear about the return Erky, our thoughts and prayers are with you guys and hope for more remission after the chemo.

Update: Chemo has not been working. They are switching to an oral medication. Chemo and surgery were easier financially, because they are covered by her medical plan. Switching to the oral medication goes against the prescription benefit plan, and my parents will be responsible for the better part of $10,000 per month.

However, there is some hope. My step-mom isn't shy about seeking out second opinions, and went back to Shands Cancer Center in Gainesville. The doctor there said she is going to be around for a long time, and he will help make sure that happens. Today, she goes up there for a treatment that will require her to be put under, or at least put into a daze. They will inject very small (smaller than a grain of sand) beads into one part of her liver, and the beads are designed to stop the blood supply to the tumors there. Without the blood supply, the tumors will die, if the everything goes according to plan. She will have to spend the night up there. I don't know how they plan to treat the pancreas.

I can't believe how upbeat she is. We had a party on Saturday, and she was there, talking very frankly and openly about what's going on, and what the possible outcomes are. My friends were all very impressed by her strength and attitude. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers.

That's great news Erky. So many new ways to treat this stuff these days.

Sounds like the 2nd opinion doc is just what she needed.

Hate to re-open this crappy thread, but I have been having some bladder/kidney issues since late March and I go in on June the 1st and will find out if I have bladder cancer. My dad has had it and survived, so I know a little about it, but it still does something to you when the Dr. uses that sad word when looking at your test results. All I can do at this point is live and wait.

Good luck to you Hoosier. You will be in my prayers

Thoughts and prayers for you Hoosier

My thoughts & prayers are with ya Hoosier. I've dealt with cancer personally so I know what's going through your mind now.

Thank you guys. I've known so many people and lost so many close to me from this, that I always viewed it as not if, been when for me, so while I'm a little down at the thought, it is life as we know it today. There is as much of a chance that I'm Ok, that there is that I am not but the Dr. didn't like some things in my lab work and my CT scan, so he is going in to look to be sure. The waiting is the hardest part. I've been a smoker and I know the risk and I've been around nasty chemicals farming, so I'm high risk. None the less, we need a cure.

Thoughts and prayers Hoosier, bladder cancer is very treatable and commonly beat especially when caught early. Wish you the best!

I know it is scary to hear the C word, even when it is just maybe. Keep your head up until you know more facts. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers for you Hoosier. My wife just got diagnosed with breast cancer that has spread to lymph nodes. Life can change so quickly.

Hate hearing that Hoosier. I hope the results come back clean.

Thoughts and prayers HoosierGolfer. My dad had bladder cancer and is okay today. Hope all is okay my friend.

Thoughts and prayers to you Hoosier. I know the waiting has to be tough. Hoping for good news for you.

Dam Hoosier thoughts and prayers man. If your stubborn enough to stick it out with golf you have the fortitude to beat this.

Hang in there Hoosier, we are all wishing for the best. If it does turn out to be the C-word I would suggest finding a local Relay For Life organization. Lots of hope surrounding these organizations and they should be able to answer questions and recommend resources to you for fighting the battle.

Dam, tucsondivots, missed your post (skimming bad), sorry to hear about your wife man. hope the outlook is good. Thoughts & Prayers bud.

Dam, tucsondivots, missed your post (skimming bad), sorry to hear about your wife man. hope the outlook is good. Thoughts & Prayers bud.

I missed this also. Best wishes to you and MrsTD.

Wishing you all the best Hoosier. My mom had bladder cancer among other types and she survived it. My ex FIL got it from chewing skoal and survived it.
I survived Colon cancer in 2005. We do need a cure. Again, good thoughts your way !

Thank you everyone for the support. My father has had bladder cancer. He has had small tumors removed from his bladder three times over a 6 year period and was given chemo the last time 4 years ago and has since been cancer free.

I'll know where I'm at on the afternoon of June the 1st. I'm worried a little of course, but I'll be fine. There is still a chance it is not cancer, so I hang on to that hope at this point. I've lost some very close friends and family to this and it does in deed suck. I often wonder just how close they really are to a cure?

Thoughts and prayers with you . Been thru this with my mother and father in law, this is the most miserable thing ever. Just stay strong and be positive

if you ever need some laughs , let me know I will video my pitching for you

It totally takes a lot out of a person . I'm not sure your body ever fully recovers. Been there myself .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back