Check in from southern Kansas City

MetalStretcher

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all. I'm Steve, 30yrs old from the Kansas City area. (Waldo & Overland Park, so both sides of the line). I just got into golf about a year ago. Well, I used a golf club for the first time in my life a year ago. Got tired of everyone I know playing except me. Went to the range a few times and played one round with my grandfather in law's clubs. No bueno. I'm fairly tall, he was fairly short. It was awful, uncomfortable, etc... I've been wanting to get a set that is comfortable to me for the last year and really get into it but havent had the funds or the time. That time was Sunday. Went to Golfsmith, had a fitting session(I know, lessons first, but damn those off the rack clubs are uncomfortable to me. So to hell with that) Picked up all the stuff I might need and should have some irons arriving in a couple weeks from Callaway. In the meantime I've got my driver and putter that I'm hoping to work with every evening after work, or during work on slow days.

Will be looking into lessons very soon, also looking forward to picking all of your minds and the search functions mind on this incredibly complex game. I unfortunately at this time in my life don't have alot of buddies to golf with(or ones that I want to golf with....) since starting my own company I've had to shed quite a few of my friends so hope to also meet some people to play some rounds with and ask questions in person.

Guess I'll drop the mic now. I really hate awkward one sided introductions haha. See ya on the course! Look out for my ball, no one is safe. Just ask my wife. Blacked her eye practicing on a driving net last year...she was 20' in back of me.

welcome to THP Steve

Welcome to THP Steve!

Welcome to THP Steve!

Welcome to THP. We just had an event in your neck of the woods and it was a great time.

Welcome to THP!!!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP! Steve.

Welcome to THP, love seeing another midwesterner on THP!!!

Welcome to THP neighbor! We've got some other THP'ers in the KC Metro Area, and I'm about 4 hours straight west of you in the middle of the state. Glad to have you here!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP Steve!!

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Welcome to THP!

Welcome and there might be another THP're up your way! :thumb:

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome: