Cleveland Black Irons & Wedges Video Preview

Sharp looking irons, Cleveland has a lot of clubs coming out

Great, GREAT looking irons. Can't wait until these are reviewed!

Are there any major differences (other than shaft of course) between these irons and wedges and the CG16 series of irons and wedges?

Those are some serious sick looking irons. Put some black VDR's on them and have one killer looking club. I hope that the superlight shafts work out on these as I will be wanting to try them out. Can't wait to hear a full review.

Might as well start the signup sheet for the demoday right now.

The black looks good, any idea on how the finish is gonna hold up on the face and leading edge?

Man this entire Black series look awesome!!

Are there any major differences (other than shaft of course) between these irons and wedges and the CG16 series of irons and wedges?

Completely different iron. Different weighting, different cavity, etc.

The black looks good, any idea on how the finish is gonna hold up on the face and leading edge?

Not as of yet, but with the two tone nature, I believe pretty well.

I keep finding myself back in this thread just to stare at these beauties and read what everyone is thinking about them. I can't help but wonder how these will perform with the pocket cavity and light weight, especially the wedges. The CG14 is by far my favorite wedge ever and it has a bit of cavity, but also the vibration dampening devise which has me thinking these will be similar, yet much different. Only time will tell, but the excitement is killing me.

The Black on Black really appeals to me. It's right up my aesthetic alley. Nice looking irons and wedges!

The black on black looks gorgeous. Those look outstanding and I can't wait to hear your thoughts dude. Will it be thumb wrassling to determine the OEM's for the Captains? Going to start stretching my fingers

The black on black looks gorgeous. Those look outstanding and I can't wait to hear your thoughts dude. Will it be thumb wrassling to determine the OEM's for the Captains? Going to start stretching my fingers

Oh you'll go down in thumb wrestling too!

If these feel and perform anything like the CG16 then I'm going to love them. Add the great looks and you are looking at a really special package.

I need to hit those wedges.

I dont think I've commented in here yet. But I'm really INTERESTED in these irons and wedges! They look absolutely stunning and I like the fact they're a darker color. A little sad they arent the BP finish because I liked the way that wore on but these still look just absolutely amazing. Thanks for the video JB. I'm beyond exicted... Elated in fact.

you're going to go black aren't ya?

I dont think I've commented in here yet. But I'm really INTERESTED in these irons and wedges! They look absolutely stunning and I like the fact they're a darker color. A little sad they arent the BP finish because I liked the way that wore on but these still look just absolutely amazing. Thanks for the video JB. I'm beyond exicted... Elated in fact.

totally agree!

If these feel and perform anything like the CG16 then I'm going to love them. Add the great looks and you are looking at a really special package.

I need to hit those wedges.

I love my 2.0's, truly and entirely.

But dayum. Again, Cleveland looks to be in for a HUGE year, they are bringing the pain form all directions. I want these in a bad way, wow.

bumping this for the afternoon crowd.
damn these look sessy

bumping this for the afternoon crowd.
damn these look sessy

oh know something else your going to be drooling over. Seriously these look amazing. I love the lighter colored face and the black on black!

These look awesome. I noticed in the video that the pitching wedge had 44 deg loft so does that mean these irons will likely be stronger lofts and longer lengths much like the CG16 for added distance??

They will be available in 48, 52, 56 and 60

I like that they'll come with a 48, but no 54? That seems a bit odd.

JB, what are the grips on these? The Lamkin Ultralites like the other CG Black offerings? And any idea on pricing for these?

I like that they'll come with a 48, but no 54? That seems a bit odd.

JB, what are the grips on these? The Lamkin Ultralites like the other CG Black offerings? And any idea on pricing for these?

My impression is that these are designed to gap evenly with the Black irons rather than have the numerous options of their other lines of wedges. I'm guess they could be bent if someone was inclined to do so.

My impression is that these are designed to gap evenly with the Black irons rather than have the numerous options of their other lines of wedges. I'm guess they could be bent if someone was inclined to do so.

I was thinking the same thing. You could probably bend to a 54, or just throw in one of those glorious looking 588 wedges.

I would say that's a fair assumption. The lofts the wedges come in definitely maintain the 4* gap from PW to the end of the wedges.

These are eye-catching. I owned the BPs and I love, what in my mind are improvements. Looks like the clubs will wear a little more evenly and you still have the laser milling on the face.

Really intrigued with the perimeter weighted wedges as well.

Cleveland's black line looks stout from what I've seen. Looking forward to more info and thoughts on these beauties.

Seems logical. That's a lot of wedges to carry though if you were going for the full even gaps.

I was thinking the same thing. You could probably bend to a 54, or just throw in one of those glorious looking 588 wedges.

My good sir, I like the way you think!

Back