Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

.........and the free 7 iron from the play it forward promotion wouldn't have matched the black pearls. :act-up:

So that explains the quick change of mind from BP to satin...I agree, Gray, when I got the play it forward iron in satin I had a coin flip on my hands, but wedges are BP so may have to go that route - good news is the irons are so solid this is a luxury decision - can't wait to get the set!

If i wasn't so into my blades I may have to check these out. These are sweet looking clubs though.

I was in Dick's yesterday buying new gloves for the gym and on a whim walked into the golf section. I grabbed the 6i from this set and took a dozen or so swings with it in their hitting zone. I really, really liked what I saw from the club. The shots felt very good and the distance was better than my x22's, if I was in the market for a new set of irons this year these, the di11's, and razr x's would be the top 3 on my list.

These and the razr x's are on my list too.
The upright lie concerns me though. My instructor says I should be 1 - 2* flat.

I like it so much, I haven't "passed on" the 7 iron yet . . .

Ordered these irons last week. Can't wait to give them a go. Playing TPC Sawgrass in a couple weeks and debating if I should take them, or go with the proven I 15's...

CG16 surprised me!

CG16 surprised me!

i went yesterday to buy some new irons at progolf discount. i wanted to try the burner 2.0, the razer x, and the mizuno jpx 800 not once thinking of the cg16s. i hit a 7i for all the clubs and was hitting about 170-175 mostly straight but mishits were way off. So the fitter tossed me the cg16 and to my surprise i was hitting them 185-190 dead straight once we got a stiff flex shaft. even my mishits were going 170 and landed still in the middle of the fairway! so i ended up getting them and a cg16 52* wedge and got 10% off everything! im so stoked to try these bad boys at the course this week (hopefully no more rain). Cleveland really stepped up their game with these and looking foreward to trying more clubs from them in the future!

Picked mine (CG 16's) up today and WILL be taking them to Florida with me in a couple of weeks. I took a buddy with me to get fitted for new irons as well. He hit the Razer X, the Burner 2.0's and the CG16 and he settled on the Burners. My findings however, echoed yours magnus.

Something you might think about magnusride...The pitching wedge with this set is 44 degrees, you have a pretty good gap between that and your 52. I ended up buying a 48, 52, 56 in the wedges and 5-pw in the regular irons. Along with the irons I play a 17 and a 20 degree Ping i 15 Hybrid. Almost sprung for the Mashies, but just didn't care for the look (yet)...

I am still waiting on my full set to arrive :banghead:..... My pass it on 7 iron CG -16 is getting worn out. I am even driving with the darn thing :golf2:

I currently have a CG16 7i from the play it forward and this thing is awesome. It feels so good. Basically for me exactly like the Burner 2.0's but feels better. I am very impressed with these.

Well, I get a call from the wife today as she works from home and she's all wound up, "What did you wind now!?!" Hehehe, my play it forward CG16 7 iron came today. This thing is purty! I'm starting to waiver on the 2.0s. Cleveland doing this promo is going to at least give them a shot at my business.

To the range I go!

I currently have a CG16 7i from the play it forward and this thing is awesome. It feels so good. Basically for me exactly like the Burner 2.0's but feels better. I am very impressed with these.

You hit the nail on the head on exactly why they are in my bag.

You hit the nail on the head on exactly why they are in my bag.

I definitely see why! I think the feel is comparable to the R9 irons but better. I dont know how they did it, but they have one heck of an iron set in these. I could very easily see myself gaming these.

I got my full set in today as you can see in the "WITB" thread. I hurt my left bicep muscle at the gym today however when KellyBo called and said my full set of CG16s came in, I had to go give em a try. I took two muscle relaxers and one anti - inflammatory pill. Off to the course for some testing. I started off by myself and then one of my friends caught me on hole #3. It was pure awesome how well these CG16 irons hit. I hit some shots that myself, my friend, and another friend (High School Golf Coach) who joined us, just said WOW! A few of my shots were pretty draws right into the flag but long. It's going to take me some adjustment time on my new yardages. These clubs are flat out HAWT! Ok so now for some more muscle relaxers, anti - inflammatory pill and some TLC from KellyBo. I am in love with my new CG16 irons :in-love:!

edit: Thanks JB

Last edited:
What the heck is a left muscle?

Lol.....that's what old people call their "hoohoo"

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

What the heck is a left muscle?

:D:laughing: JB -- Thanks for the edit. Typo or lack of typing.... Left bicep muscle pulled at the gym this a.m. I was so amped up by the new CG16 irons, my proof reading sucked.

Lol.....that's what old people call their "hoohoo"

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

hahahahaha

I got my full set in today as you can see in the "WITB" thread. I hurt my left bicep muscle at the gym today however when KellyBo called and said my full set of CG16s came in, I had to go give em a try. I took two muscle relaxers and one anti - inflammatory pill. Off to the course for some testing. I started off by myself and then one of my friends caught me on hole #3. It was pure awesome how well these CG16 irons hit. I hit some shots that myself, my friend, and another friend (High School Golf Coach) who joined us, just said WOW! A few of my shots were pretty draws right into the flag but long. It's going to take me some adjustment time on my new yardages. These clubs are flat out HAWT! Ok so now for some more muscle relaxers, anti - inflammatory pill and some TLC from KellyBo. I am in love with my new CG16 irons :in-love:!

edit: Thanks JB

Ole Gray:
Did you get the graphite actionlite 55 or the steel shafts?

Ole Gray:
Did you get the graphite actionlite 55 or the steel shafts?

I got the steel shafts in regular. Love them! Nice ball high ball flight but it carries forever. These things are bazookas :thumb:

I got the steel shafts in regular. Love them! Nice ball high ball flight but it carries forever. These things are bazookas :thumb:

Thanks. I'm hitting my 7-iron Play It Forward pretty nicely. But my old set of irons are all graphite and not sure how I want to go. The steel are still very lite but I'm thinking the graphite would maybe be a better play for me and prob maybe a few more yards...and who can't use more yards! Have the 4-pw graphite set in my cart at golfballs.com. $562.45 after coupon code added.

Ah questions questions!

Thanks. I'm hitting my 7-iron Play It Forward pretty nicely. But my old set of irons are all graphite and not sure how I want to go. The steel are still very lite but I'm thinking the graphite would maybe be a better play for me and prob maybe a few more yards...and who can't use more yards! Have the 4-pw graphite set in my cart at golfballs.com. $562.45 after coupon code added.

Ah questions questions!

Wow that is a great deal portiltab! I can tell you the regular steel work great for me and I am 60 years old. It would be cool if you could hit both side by side on a launch monitor. I have also heard if you have arthritis or tendonitis the graphite shafts are the way to go. Good luck with your decision.

Wow that is a great deal portiltab! I can tell you the regular steel work great for me and I am 60 years old. It would be cool if you could hit both side by side on a launch monitor. I have also heard if you have arthritis or tendonitis the graphite shafts are the way to go. Good luck with your decision.

We are twins! well almost, I'm 56 and also a 14.5. Yup I agree a launch monitor and both sets would be the best! If only they were available! : (
I'm getting around 150 carry with the CG16 7
Jack

We are twins! well almost, I'm 56 and also a 14.5. Yup I agree a launch monitor and both sets would be the best! If only they were available! : (
I'm getting around 150 carry with the CG16 7
Jack

Jack -- My estimated carry is 160 with the CG16 7 - iron, give or take a few yards. I also know when I am 10 yds back of the 150, I better be careful not to step on it. I'm not use to this much carry and it will take some getting use to.

Bill

Gray, glad to hear you finally got your new irons. Very jealous! These irons are really, really good and I'm hoping to spend some more time with them soon. Also, WOW at your 7 iron distance :0

Gray, glad to hear you finally got your new irons. Very jealous! These irons are really, really good and I'm hoping to spend some more time with them soon. Also, WOW at your 7 iron distance :0

Thanks Hawk and about the distance with my 7 - iron, I owe it all to the technology in the Cleveland CG16 irons. Beastly weapons to say the least :golf2:!

Back