Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

Thanks Hawk and about the distance with my 7 - iron, I owe it all to the technology in the Cleveland CG16 irons. Beastly weapons to say the least :golf2:!

Pfft. This is coming from a guy that used to tell us he hit his Cobra 9 iron 175 yards.

The insider strikes again. Gray, I am going to have to change your screen name to "The Predictable One" or "No Snakes in Cleveland"

Pfft. This is coming from a guy that used to tell us he hit his Cobra 9 iron 175 yards.

The insider strikes again. Gray, I am going to have to change your screen name to "The Predictable One" or "No Snakes in Cleveland"

LOL JB - You are on a roll tonight dude!

LOL Too Funny!

Thanks. I'm hitting my 7-iron Play It Forward pretty nicely. But my old set of irons are all graphite and not sure how I want to go. The steel are still very lite but I'm thinking the graphite would maybe be a better play for me and prob maybe a few more yards...and who can't use more yards! Have the 4-pw graphite set in my cart at golfballs.com. $562.45 after coupon code added.

Ah questions questions!

Can you share this coupon code you're using? I searched their site for deals and can't find anything but standard rack pricing ie. 699 for 8 clubs, 615 for 7 clubs.

Thanks!

Can you share this coupon code you're using? I searched their site for deals and can't find anything but standard rack pricing ie. 699 for 8 clubs, 615 for 7 clubs.

Thanks!
Flooder
I used MARCHSALE which gives you 15% with Max out at 50.00 so my shopping cart with 6.00 shipping is Estimated Total $562.45 (4-pw graphite)
too bad I hesitated, code febsale was 15% and no max : (

Jack

CG16

CG16

Anyone using this iron set with the Actionlite55 graphite shafts? If so, any comments?
The steel is 85g and my current Wishon irons have Interflexx mid/low launch reg flex shafts which are 74g. Trying to get a feel on what they might "feel" like.

Thanks

Flooder
I used MARCHSALE which gives you 15% with Max out at 50.00 so my shopping cart with 6.00 shipping is $562.45 (4-pw graphite)

I was quoted $509 & free shipping from Discount Dan's

Whew!! It took my two days to get through this thread, (no skimming here). I'm getting the PIF 7 iron today or tommorow and am very excited to give it a try. My buddy has the CG15 wedges with the laser milling and I really liked the spin and feel of those clubs. I'm really excited to see how the zip groove technology works in a 7 iron. More to come!

Anyone using this iron set with the Actionlite55 graphite shafts? If so, any comments?
The steel is 85g and my current Wishon irons have Interflexx mid/low launch reg flex shafts which are 74g. Trying to get a feel on what they might "feel" like.

Thanks

Sorry, wish I could help, but I've only hit them in steel.

Well Cleveland's Play It Forward promo worked! I just placed my order for the 4-pw black pearl set! Without the promo and actually hitting the club, I would have never even considered these clubs! Nice work Cleveland

Well Cleveland's Play It Forward promo worked! I just placed my order for the 4-pw black pearl set! Without the promo and actually hitting the club, I would have never even considered these clubs! Nice work Cleveland

Congrats! I'm glad I haven't been able to get my hands on a senior flex graphite yet. I don't need new irons!

Alright, I'm going to probably look dumb asking this, but how come the grooves are so shallow on these irons? Comparing them to the 2.0s or my x22s the grooves are noticeably less deep - run your fingernail over them and you'll see immediately what I mean.

Alright, I'm going to probably look dumb asking this, but how come the grooves are so shallow on these irons? Comparing them to the 2.0s or my x22s the grooves are noticeably less deep - run your fingernail over them and you'll see immediately what I mean.

2011 irons compared to 2010 irons would be my guess. I have not noticed that at all though.

Congrats! I'm glad I haven't been able to get my hands on a senior flex graphite yet. I don't need new irons!

But KB, getting "STUFF" is always so much fun!!!!

2011 irons compared to 2010 irons would be my guess. I have not noticed that at all though.

hmmm, i'm comparing the new 2.0 6 iron TM sent me to the CG16 so they should both be 2011 or certainly "new groove rules". But, the depth isn't close. The CG16 is visibly more shallow and the fingernail test confirms it. I'm wondering if there are other spin limit rules imposed by the PGA and so the milled face producing spin, means they can't make the grooves as deep??? I guess it doesn't really matter, just curiousity more than anything.

hmmm, i'm comparing the new 2.0 6 iron TM sent me to the CG16 so they should both be 2011 or certainly "new groove rules". But, the depth isn't close. The CG16 is visibly more shallow and the fingernail test confirms it. I'm wondering if there are other spin limit rules imposed by the PGA and so the milled face producing spin, means they can't make the grooves as deep??? I guess it doesn't really matter, just curiousity more than anything.

Interesting thought. Most TM irons really bite at the ball. I'm interested to get home from work today and have this club waiting for me.

I got home from work and what do you know there was a Cleveland box sitting on my pourch, a CG16 7 Iron, good looking club but i bet i would like the tour version much better, these are kinda chunky.

Sort of interested in these clubs, what with all the rave reviews and all. To bad they don't offer the gap wedge in the set. I would think with a 44* pw a 48* gap wedege should be a given. As a left hander trying to find a 48* wedge is not all that easy.

I was quoted $509 & free shipping from Discount Dan's

DD is the best, i order 99% of new clubs from them, they do ask not to post prices though

I got home from work and what do you know there was a Cleveland box sitting on my pourch, a CG16 7 Iron, good looking club but i bet i would like the tour version much better, these are kinda chunky.

Don't let the junk in the trunk fool ya YD. I had the same pre thoughts but man was I surprised. Those shovels are much better than I had imagined and after hitting the Tour model side by side with the regulars, The regulars were a no brainer. Three degrees less loft on the regulars and man do they carry!

I was looking around at EW today and for the first time saw the black finished version in person. Wow those look good!

Don't let the junk in the trunk fool ya YD. I had the same pre thoughts but man was I surprised. Those shovels are much better than I had imagined and after hitting the Tour model side by side with the regulars, The regulars were a no brainer. Three degrees less loft on the regulars and man do they carry!

I know they will carry more than my mizzys cause the loft on the 7 is 31* and on my 7 iron its 33*, of course its gonna be longer cleveland lol

I know they will carry more than my mizzys cause the loft on the 7 is 31* and on my 7 iron its 33*, of course its gonna be longer cleveland lol

Thats not really the point though, I have a lot more confidence pulling a 7 iron where I used to hit a 6 iron with stronger lofted irons. Its a total mental thing but I don't think there's any question that it works. Give me stronger lofted irons any day of the week.

if I were in a different situation and needing clubs these would be on my short list. I have been hitting my pay it forward 7 iron and love these clubs.

Thats not really the point though, I have a lot more confidence pulling a 7 iron where I used to hit a 6 iron with stronger lofted irons. Its a total mental thing but I don't think there's any question that it works. Give me stronger lofted irons any day of the week.

see im just not a fan of really strong lofted irons

Back