Cleveland FL Ultralite Fairway Woods

hmmmm now you guys/gals got me scratching my head about a possible Cleveland fairway 5 wood creeping into the snake den :golf2:

hmmmm now you guys/gals got me scratching my head about a possible Cleveland fairway 5 wood creeping into the snake den :golf2:

That's wouldn't be the end of the world, no would it Gray? :D

That thing looks nice! Might have to consider that for a new FW.

Really great club? Great like the Mashie? Must be a Hotlist Silver.

Getting a Hot List Silver or Gold does not make a club a great club. Look at their comments? Great club. But when a category like "demand" is part of the equation, performance is not the only thing that matters in a list like the Hot List. It could be the best performing club, but when part of the equation is not based on performance, it becomes "interesting".

Really great club? Great like the Mashie? Must be a Hotlist Silver.

I put one of these in play while visiting THP down in FL a few weeks ago and it sure would have been a "Gold" hotlist for me. This club was a bomber. Straight,long, good looking, easy to swing and prouced great results. I hit some of the best 3W tee shots Ive ever hit with it and out drove my driver.

Hawk look forward to reading your thoughts buddy.

Exactly why THP has a demo day. Why take the advice of a third party magazine when you can take the advice of 50 regular consumers that get to hit everything at once.

Getting a Hot List Silver or Gold does not make a club a great club. Look at their comments? Great club. But when a category like "demand" is part of the equation, performance is not the only thing that matters in a list like the Hot List. It could be the best performing club, but when part of the equation is not based on performance, it becomes "interesting".

I agree, the "demand" "buzz" or whatever they are calling that category each year is the most useless thing they try to tell me. I would swing with a brick attached to a broom stick if that were absolutely the best club for me. And some days it just might be. :smile:

Man that looks sweet!!!! It would look very sweet in my bag too!!!!

The head shape and face really remind me of a Tour Edge Exotics XCG. It'll definitely be interesting to hear how the shaft performs.

The head shape and face really remind me of a Tour Edge Exotics XCG. It'll definitely be interesting to hear how the shaft performs.

The shaft was reviewed on the THP home page.

The shaft was reviewed on the THP home page.

I must be missing it. I see a review for the 59 in a driver. I meant specifically it'll be interesting to hear how this lightweight shaft will perform in a fairway wood.

I must be missing it. I see a review for the 59 in a driver. I meant specifically it'll be interesting to hear how this lightweight shaft will perform in a fairway wood.

yes it was a driver review. They do not have specific FW wood shafts. But it does play very similar to the driver shaft.

Exactly JB. Gold/Silver, but we don't see the testers reviews so we can't compare our games to the tester. THP is a much better source for reviews and testing from what I've seen since joining. Although I always buy the darn thing, it gets be p'd off every time.

Exactly JB. Gold/Silver, but we don't see the testers reviews so we can't compare our games to the tester. THP is a much better source for reviews and testing from what I've seen since joining. Although I always buy the darn thing, it gets be p'd off every time.

The exact reason you will have to hit up a THP Demo Day at some point. You will be able to test everything and of course be able to offer your reviews to others.

With the Cleveland line (superlight series + Kusala shafts) and the Taylormade R11/Burner 2 lines, I've never been more excited about giving these a shot when they're available.

The thing that kills me is I changed my driver/3wood/hybrid all just last year.....sigh......:(

With the Cleveland line (superlight series + Kusala shafts) and the Taylormade R11/Burner 2 lines, I've never been more excited about giving these a shot when they're available.

The thing that kills me is I changed my driver/3wood/hybrid all just last year.....sigh......:(

I think you mean C. Kua shafts. But you could add a Kusala if you would like instead. I love both shafts.

I think you mean C. Kua shafts. But you could add a Kusala if you would like instead. I love both shafts.

JB, do you mean Clevleand offers their new fairway woods with the Kusala shafts as a shaft option?
Do you know the swingweight with the Kusala shaft?

I game a 2009 Launcher 17* and I love it. I am definitely interested in the review on this, and can't wait until they (and the ultra lights) hit my stores shelves.

JB, do you mean Clevleand offers their new fairway woods with the Kusala shafts as a shaft option?
Do you know the swingweight with the Kusala shaft?

No, they do not. I mean someone could put one in there if they wanted.

Took this beauty out for an initial range session today. Was able to hit a bunch of balls with it. Today was kind of a feeling out session as I've never used a 5W. It's a bit different, namely in head size and shaft length, but it didn't take long to get over that.

Brief initial thoughts are: 1) Easy to get the ball up 2) It fires rockets 3) Weight didn't bother me at all

Hawk,

What's the length on the new 5 FW? Is it longer than 2010 DST 5 FW? I'm loving Sirxon/Cleveland/Miyazaki combo! Can't wait until Feb to try it out. C.Kua 43 is a beauty. I won't mind putting that shaft on my Burner Superfast.

Hawk,

What's the length on the new 5 FW? Is it longer than 2010 DST 5 FW? I'm loving Sirxon/Cleveland/Miyazaki combo! Can't wait until Feb to try it out. C.Kua 43 is a beauty. I won't mind putting that shaft on my Burner Superfast.

Length is 43". I'm not sure how it compares to the DST length. It's definitely a nice looking shaft. Looking forward to getting to spend more time with it soon.

Length is 43". I'm not sure how it compares to the DST length. It's definitely a nice looking shaft. Looking forward to getting to spend more time with it soon.

Thanks Hawk. Got the DST 5 W info of Cleveland web site. DST 5 W length is 42.625". So it is longer and lighter shaft consistent with their 2011 product lines. While I was browsing the Cleveland web site. I noticed they just put line the CG16 BP irons info.

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_cg16-black-pearl-irons__cg16_bp_irons__viewProd_irons.html

Anyone know the MAP for the new FWs?

Back