Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

this is generally my swing speed as well and I use the S flex.....
I'd think if you're swinging the M3 at 95 mph a stiff flex shaft might be better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi im in the uk went to a cleveland demo day last week got fitted for 1 and 3 ss 94mph had stiff shafts fitted there and then m1 takes some getting used to im still trying

Ok guys... the M1/M3 combo is closer to existence. Swung the M3 again at Dick's today and was measured at 95MPH SS. I'm thinking regular flex. I'm going to purchase the M1 without hitting with the assumption that it's close to the same feel as the M3. Any input is most appreciated.

Thats right around my SS and I use the stiff shaft. For me the M1 was a bit harder to hit but I could hit it. I went with the M3 and soon after picked up the M2. I have found with the Mashie that an easy swing is best for me, the ball just goes further. You should flat love the clubs, one of my best in the bag for clubs.

Interesting. The pro at Dick's said to go with regular flex... of course they don't have any so he could just be trying to sell me a club. My driver is stiff flex and irons are uniflex (x22s). You guys know more than me so I'll trust you.

Hi im in the uk went to a cleveland demo day last week got fitted for 1 and 3 ss 94mph had stiff shafts fitted there and then m1 takes some getting used to im still trying

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the M1... but I'm also fairly obsessive so I'll keep at it until I can make it work. It HAS to be better than my 3 wood. I can't hit a 3 wood at all.

Interesting. The pro at Dick's said to go with regular flex... of course they don't have any so he could just be trying to sell me a club. My driver is stiff flex and irons are uniflex (x22s). You guys know more than me so I'll trust you.

If you can hit both regular and stiff shafts and go from there. I had a nice draw with the stiff flex and a slight fade with the regular when testing shafts. My SS is low 90's after revamping my swing, averages 92 MPH. The Mashie is like no other hybrid I have hit. I bought a TM 1hybrid and just could not hit it, its for sale now.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the M1... but I'm also fairly obsessive so I'll keep at it until I can make it work. It HAS to be better than my 3 wood. I can't hit a 3 wood at all.

Thats why I got the M2, way more consistent with it than the M1.

My first post here. Thanks to all of you I discovered the Mashie and now I'm gaming an M1 since three weeks.

My driver SS is between 92and 92 and I play stiff in the driver, PX5.5 in my irons but I went with regular in the M1: I choose to go reg. because I want an easy to elevate club from the deck and that can hold the greens on long shots.

As somebody else noted , when I really go after it it wants to go left, but if I take an easy swing (and with such a low lofted club is better to do so ) this club is simply amazing, it goes forever and with a very nice flight.

I'm so happy with the Mashie that I plan to change my Adams A/ (19* and 22*) with two Mashies, but I cannot decide if I want a 18* or a 20,5* , I wanted to ask to all the experts here how much is the gap between the two, and also if somebody is familiar with the A7 and can give me some comparison between the two.

Many thanks to all the answers.

I am now a 2x Mashie Owner. Love my M4 so much, I got it a brother. His name is M3.

I'm going to have to go try one of these out. Apparently this is a wonder club. I have read and heard nothing but good out of these.

I had a nice round with SethO yesterday. The Mashies preformed very well. I think I only had one bad shot with the M3 and the M1 was just solid the whole round. Since we didn't hit the range I used the M1 off the first tee. I had a perfect shot right down the middle of the fairway. It gave me about 180 yd shot in to the green. Put it right on and two putted for par. Nice start to the day. The second hole I had a 190 tee shot into the wind. I pulled the M3 and put it right on the green. The shot penetrated the wind with a nice little draw. The greens were really soft so the ball just stuck right were it landed. I had another two put for par. We had to sit in a shelter for a bit to let the rain passover. The next hole I used the M3 three on was a par 5. I had a nice drive to the middle of the fairway. I needed to cross a ravine to get to the 100 marker. I tried to goose the M3 a little bit and put a hard draw on the ball. It was still play able and I was able to save par on that hole. Two holes later I put my drive a little long in to a creek. I ended up dropping about 220 out from the green. I pulled the M1 to go after it to make up for the lost stroke. I left the ball about 10 yd short of the green. The ball landed in the rough in front off the green and didn't get any roll out. I think on a dry day, I might have rolled up onto the green. It was to soggy for that. On the 10 hole we had to lay up in front of water, about a 250 yd shot to the water. I pulled the M1 and put it right down the middle of the fairway like the first hole. Nice! I had a nice shot into the green again and two putted for par. I used the M1 on once more on the 17th hole, trying to go after the green with a extra ball. I was about 230 with a 215 to carry the water. I tried to draw the ball over the land into the green and didn't put enough draw on the ball. I was still safe, but was sitting in the rough. Luckily I played the smart choice and laid up with my regular ball and pared the hole. I thought I had a really great day with the Mashies and still feel a huge confidence boost when I put them in to play. I think one off shot out of 5 is not bad. I hope people are still loving the Mashies out there as much as I have. I still have yet to find anything that I feel more confident with from 200 plus.

DMB tells the truth! He was killing the Mashies yesterday! He had a perfect ball flight.

I am now a 2x Mashie Owner. Love my M4 so much, I got it a brother. His name is M3.

Bought M3, loved it, and then got the M4, both in Stiff. Have used these clubs in many scenarios
- M3 : Tee off for Par 5
- M3 : Par 5 fairway 2nd shot
- M4 : Par 3 180-200
- M4 : Long Par 4(435) 2nd shot
- M4 : Punch and run from 65 yds to a fairly difficult uphill green with backside sloping left to right.

Key to Mashie - Play from front foot, make sure the clubface is square to slight open, Smooth Tempo.

I used my M3 once in tonight's round, a chip and run from the front of the green to around 3ft. Going to start using it more and more from around the green from now on

I used my M3 once in tonight's round, a chip and run from the front of the green to around 3ft. Going to start using it more and more from around the green from now on

I like it to use it for this if I'm short sided to an elevated green, works like a charm and takes the risk of going long or having it come back to your feet out of the equation.

Once you get used to it, it's a real nice club for bump and running

My first post here. Thanks to all of you I discovered the Mashie and now I'm gaming an M1 since three weeks.

My driver SS is between 92and 92 and I play stiff in the driver, PX5.5 in my irons but I went with regular in the M1: I choose to go reg. because I want an easy to elevate club from the deck and that can hold the greens on long shots.

As somebody else noted , when I really go after it it wants to go left, but if I take an easy swing (and with such a low lofted club is better to do so ) this club is simply amazing, it goes forever and with a very nice flight.

I'm so happy with the Mashie that I plan to change my Adams A/ (19* and 22*) with two Mashies, but I cannot decide if I want a 18* or a 20,5* , I wanted to ask to all the experts here how much is the gap between the two, and also if somebody is familiar with the A7 and can give me some comparison between the two.

Many thanks to all the answers.

Welcome to THP! I can't give you any feedback on comparing to the A7, but I play the M1, M3 and M5, and I get approxiametely 20 yards distance between them. Personally, I'd probably go with the 20.5 as the 18 will probably only give you 10 or less yards distance gap from your M1.

Once you get used to it, it's a real nice club for bump and running

Yeah, you bumped and ran one right into the cup on the 18th last week!

Woot! I just bought an M2 to go with my M3 & M4. FleaBay, specifically timtheputterman, is flooded with these (new) and are usually going for 50-65 +$12 shipping.

The M3 & M4 are my perfect clubs for specific par 3s, depending on the tees or wind. Now I am hoping the M2 can be my go-to club when teeing off and I don't need driver distance (to make a dogleg corner, etc.).

Got my M3 yesterday. Unfortunately due to recent events, I won't be using it much for a while. I am playing 1 final round Sunday. I better get alot of use out of it.. Still love the Mashies. Anyone that asks, I tell them the truth, "Its the easiest club to hit I have ever swung."

Point and shoot, people. It's that easy.

Eventually id like to try a tour version; offset is my enemy. Lol

I can adjust my swing to compensate but I can hook the he'll out of these mashies.

I have 3 mashies at home that I can't game until after the Morgan cup. Might keep the rescue 11 4 though; I'm loving it.

Put the m5 back in the bag maybe.

Eventually id like to try a tour version; offset is my enemy. Lol

I can adjust my swing to compensate but I can hook the he'll out of these mashies.

I have 3 mashies at home that I can't game until after the Morgan cup. Might keep the rescue 11 4 though; I'm loving it.

Put the m5 back in the bag maybe.

Aren't the Rescue 4 and the M5 essentially the same loft? Maybe .5* of difference.

Aren't the Rescue 4 and the M5 essentially the same loft? Maybe .5* of difference.

From what I am seeing, the Rescue 4 is 21 degrees and the M5 is 26 (although the M5 I just sold was 25.5 I believe).

The Rescue 11 4 is similar to the M3 as it is 21* compared to 20.5* for the M3

Back