Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

Frank's epic OEM failure has led me to a question I'd like to present to the forum: is demo'ing a club inside on a sim enough? I mean, wouldn't you want to get that sucker outside and give it a crack?

When this thing comes Im going to make a HOTD with it and no other clubs for a birdie.

I will buy one if you do

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Frank's epic OEM failure has led me to a question I'd like to present to the forum: is demo'ing a club inside on a sim enough? I mean, wouldn't you want to get that sucker outside and give it a crack?

Its not for me anymore dude. I20's a perfect example... Had I not hit them outside, i wouldn't have gamed them. I learned a lot from hitting clubs inside then out.

The guarantees some shops offer make it all worth it to take a shot. Worst case you end up with store credit you would have spent anyway.

I'm thinking no

I have to get something outside regardless of what I see inside. BUT I do like to see SOMETHING positive before I buy. Straight is a good start. Good distance will usually seal the deal. Then its to the range outside.

I will buy one if you do

I will try not to Gmac you.

ah, wtf? my bad. I'm just trying to talk you into getting Long Tom'd.

I just need to hit it inside. I can get a feel of something inside. This club is no bueno. Kmac will hosel snap it and say he gave it a gentle tap

I have to get something outside regardless of what I see inside. BUT I do like to see SOMETHING positive before I buy. Straight is a good start. Good distance will usually seal the deal. Then its to the range outside.

I will try not to Gmac you.

So dissapointing. Not sure I can buy a putter that missed by 6 feet

I'm not sure I trust you chunkster. You've been blowing my mind with your equipment selections lately.

Its why most stuff I actually test is from my "home" course or some of the others around me, they don't mind letting me take something out during the round. Inside does nothing for me outside of base numbers. Its outside where it gets sealed for me (except in cases of extreme knee jerk ho'ing like I've been known to do).

TC you should get a LT 2W. Then when you don't like it, I get it. I've bought enough of your stuff already lol.

TC you should get a LT 2W. Then when you don't like it, I get it. I've bought enough of your stuff already lol.

I've got a scout on the West Coast looking for me dude, LOL

I've got a scout on the West Coast looking for me dude, LOL

I think there are several of us working that same scout hard right now. Of course mine isn't the LT. Hehe

I think there are several of us working that same scout hard right now. Of course mine isn't the LT. Hehe

BTW dude, Dick's is having some AMP promotion right now. Super cheap FW's and hybo's.

BTW dude, Dick's is having some AMP promotion right now. Super cheap FW's and hybo's.

Don't you put that voodoo on me Ricky Bobby!

I'm not kidding. Like $50 off the price. If they would've had any LH models, I may have done it myself.

Rep added dude, haha! I really cant wait to hear how this performs on course for somebody.

I'm not kidding. Like $50 off the price. If they would've had any LH models, I may have done it myself.

Had I not grabbed the TF3 I'd literally be out the door right now. Literally.

I'd do it but I don't think I'd get the guarantee.
Would be tough, I suck playing right handed maybe I should try swinging lefty.
I missed the WE guarantee and I cant search haha. What was it. I might partake.
I told FrankA that if he bought it, and didnt like it, I would buy it from him.
Depending on his guarantee, it might be worth it! Especially if he throws a free hug in.
Im cool with bro-hugs.
I have purchased only one club that I have hit Sim-only, that was the RBZ Hybo. For me, I need to hit it outside...usually.
I will buy one if you do

Do they make a Lil' Tom?

This thread has been epic. Just dont go back and read what some of us were saying about the Long Tom driver when it came out haha

hahaha, LMAO @ "Lil Tom".

This thread has been epic. Just dont go back and read what some of us were saying about the Long Tom driver when it came out haha
The last 5 or so pages have been awesome.

Somehow I became the anti-MattyKrack. Convince someone to buy something so I can buy it from them later.

Back