Contest Winners Thread

At least your gf asks questions first...

Let me know how that winn lite is holding up for you wear wise. It's a nice grip but I'm afraid that it wears too easy (not good in central Florida humidity). Otherwise, enjoy the shaft and no matter how bad the pictures come out it's still sweet looking. Can't wait to see that puppy up close and personal at the outing.

lol yeah shes so used to it now shes just like, another package is here. I picked that grip for its light weight and the dude at GG said it was the same one on the TM Superfast too. That cant be bad. Ive always liked the Winn grips too, but I'll let you know how it holds up.

Saying that it was free is liberating in itself. That thing looks sweet! I'm sure it will perform just as well from what JB and Biggsy have said.

Yes it is! Funny thing is the guys at GG had never even seen one before. I was like, yeah biatches dont drool on it!!! lol

Yes it is! Funny thing is the guys at GG had never even seen one before. I was like, yeah biatches dont drool on it!!! lol

Nice! They'll probably trade off swinging it while a salesperson has you off in the opposite corner trying to sell you something else. :devil:

that shirt would look sick with some argyle, haha! nice job JL, what a well deserved prize, you worked hard on that, and it was a lot of fun.
have plenty of argyle sweater vests, but I would never cover up that pretty logo with one! :D
Don't worry, I have some fun slacks that will match this perfectly:

DSC01713.jpg

have plenty of argyle sweater vests, but I would never cover up that pretty logo with one! :D
Don't worry, I have some fun slacks that will match this perfectly:

DSC01713.jpg

that is a sweet outfit right there! congrats again, you definitely earned it.

The outfit looks great _JL_!! Thank you again for all your hard work helping us with the logo. We are so thankful to everyone who helped us!! :smile:

Nice gear JL!!! Good luck tomorrow and great job on that logo!

Thanks everyone.

And nice shaft, Kevin!

lol took me a few minutes to find this thread but I finally have my Diablo Edge back with the Miyazaki shaft in it! First, thanks again to THP and Miyazaki for a great contest! The sun broke out this afternoon and gave me just enough time to head to the range with the new driver/shaft combo. Let me start by saying this, Ive never hit so many straight shots with my driver. Actually, I was hitting a bunch of draws. WTF! I never hit a draw. Talk about a beautiful sight. I think Tim nailed it for me too. I could tell I was getting more whip with this set up then before. I'll be honest, Id love to say I was hitting the net at the back of the range but I was still hitting about my normal distance, maybe a few yards more. I think I made one really bad swing that sliced. ALL the others were straight or had a little draw to them. I wasnt sure how well the whole red and black Diablo them would go with the blue color of the Miyazaki but I think the black grip helped, doesnt look that bad at all. And I love the WinnLite grip! My attempt at pictures:

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Now here where I need some help. Look closely at the next two pics, they got messy and scraped off some paint. Should I take it back tomorrow and demand a new head or will that risk messing up the shaft? Or should I just live with it? Its right by the hosel in two places.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038-1.jpg

sweet set up Kev! I think the blue shaft with the red and black theme....

Should I go back and tell them about the paint they scraped off? She was perfect before I took it to them.

I would......it couldn't hurt to at least point it out to them....you may get a gift card or credit

If I wanted it all scratched and messy I could have man handled it myself. I took them what was pretty much a new driver, played 9 holes with it and maybe 3 range visits. And what would they say if I was trading that in? Theyd knock serious cash off the trade in for scratches like that. I hate to be that guy but I agree with you Dent, I find it unacceptable.

I agree that you should take it back and talk with them about it. They should be better at the process than to cause a problem of that nature. Obviously it doesn't affect playability, but you should receive your club back in the condition you handed it to them in.

Your bag seems to be in a constant state of change so I'm sure they'll take care of you one way or another.

I agree that you should take it back and talk with them about it. They should be better at the process than to cause a problem of that nature. Obviously it doesn't affect playability, but you should receive your club back in the condition you handed it to them in.

Your bag seems to be in a constant state of change so I'm sure they'll take care of you one way or another.

That sounds so negative. I prefer evolving lol

Very true. You are just enriching your collection. :clapp:

A quick update, Golf Galaxy explained to me that the way Callaway drivers are made, with that little plastic piece they have on them its very difficult for them to take them apart without some of the paint coming off. It sounded legit to me. He said they would be more then happy to try it again on a new driver but it would most likely happen again. He apologized for someone not pointing it to me when I picked it up. So Im keeping it, mainly because I dont want to have them messing with the Miyazaki shaft anymore and I want to play this weekend!

If the Diablo is head is anything like the FT-9 head, you can't take out the shaft without drilling it out, which shortens it.

Did they shorten the original shaft you had in the Diablo that you replaced?

How do you like it?

Here is what I won from a caption contest

Here is what I won from a caption contest

Here is some winning pics.

nice haul!!

Congrats Fwysngrns :clapp:

Sweet stuff. Dig that SubSeventy!

Back