Distance Measuring Devices

Tour V2 laser rangefinder and Golfshot GPS

Bushnell V3

I have much more confidence in my game when I have an exact number in my head.

Bushnell Tour X laser rangefinder and Golfshot Plus on the iPhone.

I use a Garmin G6 that I purchased a few years ago. Use it mainly for front, middle and back distances to the green. Never had a laser, but would like to someday own one that has a slope feature.

I have a SureShot Laser rangefinder. I only got it a few months ago. Dont use it much at my home course but came in handy when playing courses i dont play often.

I use my Leopold GX4I2 all the time and have Arccos GPS on my phone for those blind shots.

I use an S1 watch, and wouldn't be without it. My distance perception is, and always has been, terrible so it's a must for me. In all seriousness, I could look at a shot and not be able to tell if it's a PW or 6 iron distance, is that bad. The watch has helped matters a lot, although I'm considering a laser for things like bunkers etc off the tee, doglegs to help with club selection off the tee.

I have been using a GPS app for most of the season, but I just purchased a Nikon coolshot 20 I'm looking forward to taking it out in the course to see if it's much better. I think it will be.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I have used a GPS app for my phone since this summer (when my home course got available) in GPS apps. I plan to change to a watch for next season if my home course gets uploaded for these as well

I use an S1 watch, and wouldn't be without it. My distance perception is, and always has been, terrible so it's a must for me. In all seriousness, I could look at a shot and not be able to tell if it's a PW or 6 iron distance, is that bad. The watch has helped matters a lot, although I'm considering a laser for things like bunkers etc off the tee, doglegs to help with club selection off the tee.

If you want to stick with a watch, you could upgrade to the S4 (or later) for the dogleg distances. It also gives you the distances to a variety of lay-up distances in 50yd increments as well, so you can see how far it is to the 100/150yd lay-ups

I have never tried it, but it also says you can input customisable yardage points for bunkers/water/etc as well so that may help? I don't know how many points you can add but I might have to try it on my home course to work out how to use that feature

Yep, I've used an older Bushnell hunting device since before golf rangefinders were popular. Helped improve my game for sure. While I can't hit that exact yardage except maybe 10 out of 100 times if that, it takes the guesswork out and a shot that is +/- 5 yards will still be in good position.

I use a neo xs watch and v3 rangefinder in tandem. Gives me every number that I could want, its an ideal combo for me.

If you want to stick with a watch, you could upgrade to the S4 (or later) for the dogleg distances. It also gives you the distances to a variety of lay-up distances in 50yd increments as well, so you can see how far it is to the 100/150yd lay-ups

I have never tried it, but it also says you can input customisable yardage points for bunkers/water/etc as well so that may help? I don't know how many points you can add but I might have to try it on my home course to work out how to use that feature

That's actually a very good point, and something I've toyed with a couple of times. Unfortunately most of my toying comes at the same time the car needs fixing, or the boiler blows up or something else happens that needs the pennies. I should maybe just fire a few pints on board and then take the credit card out - that's when most of my purchases seem to happen!

Distance Measuring Devices

I'm tricked out with a Tom Tom GPS Watch and a Bushnell Tour X laser.

Handicap is still rising :)

I use the Golf Buddy, 40,000 courses loaded with no annual fees. Don't see where I can lose!!

That's actually a very good point, and something I've toyed with a couple of times. Unfortunately most of my toying comes at the same time the car needs fixing, or the boiler blows up or something else happens that needs the pennies. I should maybe just fire a few pints on board and then take the credit card out - that's when most of my purchases seem to happen!

I know that problem well.....just when you decide you want a new toy, something else decides to break down instead

this has been the first year i have owned by own laser. i would never go back. i am now considering a watch to wear in tandem for a little more course information, but if i had to choose i would stick with laser.

I use a Garmin S2 GPS watch and I love it. Always on, one quick look and go.

My hands are not steady enough to use a laser rangefinder or I'd have one.

I use a hand held gps currently. A laser is in my future

Nikon laser for me!

Bushnell Tour X for me

I have a Bushnell X7 Pro that I use all the time.

Bushnell Tour X and I have (won) a Garmin Approach S1 that I haven't broke out yet but need to.

I want want to get one of those Voice Caddie or Swing Caddies that are out there for the range to really get dialed in with my irons.

Two for me, a Bushnell Neo XS GPS watch which I rely on for off the tee and when I can't reach the green (as well as for knowing where front back and middle of the green is as well as distance to hazards) and a Bushnell Tour V3 for when I have a shot to reach.

Honestly it'd be very difficult to play without my GPS watch. I've forgotten it once and it was just a terrible experience as I had no idea how far I was away.

Back