dress like a tour pro, play like a hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on thin ice around here, so I will say that you are fully entitled to your opinion. I am also entitled to my opinion that judging people by what they are wearing is short sided and superficial.

Pro's are paid to dress a certain way, when you start getting a check on Sunday afternoon dress like em. Nothing wrong with dressing nice just don't go over the top with it, makes you look like a bozo.

Also,

I'd expect someone to dress well for a THP outing, it is a special event not a Saturday afternoon round with the boys!
Define "Over The Top". And why does this bother you so much? The only things that bother me are bad etiquette and slow play, not what people are wearing. As long as it's not against a course dress code, what's the problem?

Pro's are paid to dress a certain way, when you start getting a check on Sunday afternoon dress like em. Nothing wrong with dressing nice just don't go over the top with it, makes you look like a bozo.

Also,

I'd expect someone to dress well for a THP outing, it is a special event not a Saturday afternoon round with the boys!

How do you feel about Cargo shorts?

Seriously why does it matter to you if someone dresses nice? I'd understand if someone dressed in a manor that was unfit for a Golf course, or clashed with the club dress code. And I might could even see your point if a guy showed dressed like Tiger and then it became apparent the guy has never seen a golf course before. It still wouldn't matter to me but I would see your point. But what does it matter if a golfer shows up to the course dressed like a golfer.

i like to get dressed up when i golf its fun and its the only time i really do with my job and such and im def no tour pro.... Plus everyone knows white belts lowers your handicap by 2!

you guys missed the point, I said I like to watch these guys before they tee off and after they shoot a ton. Yes it is more the attitude of them thinking they are Tiger or Phil because they can buy the same stuff those guys are paid to wear.

Yep it is fun to watch them jack it ob or snatch it deep in the woods on the first tee. Haven't you heard people say "well he dresses like a player, lets see if he plays like one?"

I'm busting out the Bubba Watson suspenders with slacks and Alex Miceli bow tie this weekend on the course. That should be Bozo enough.

I was going to dress like Ryan Moore.

A hipster who ironically wears a tie.

you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. Someone can throw something out there and you attack like sharks only to be set-up!

We should jack this thread and turn it in to one about sterling silver sporks.

I love sporks. I can't find them anywhere though.

you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. Someone can throw something out there and you attack like sharks only to be set-up!

368945_100001475154532_1915615678_n.jpg

We should jack this thread and turn it in to one about sterling silver sporks.

Dude, I'm seriously hoping my special spork is in my stocking right now, don't tease about that stuff JRod! hehe

So, you're just starting threads to get people to bite then? That makes sense.

I don't watch other people and what they're wearing when I golf. I'm there for me, and I'll wear whatever I please "fancy" or not and still not care about anyone elses thoughts on it.

I need to find a badass kilt to wear to my first tournament next year.

Jman,
Life long Sooner fan here. I've flown out a couple of times to watch them play, plus I saw them vs FSU this year when the came down here.

I need to find a badass kilt to wear to my first tournament next year.

Make sure you go commando with it. If you're going to wear a kilt, there should be no holding back.

Kevin

Jman,
Life long Sooner fan here. I've flown out a couple of times to watch them play, plus I saw them vs FSU this year when the came down here.

Did you catch the game when they "played" against Okie St?

That's why I refuse to shoot lower than 85 because people will expect me to stop drinking beer while playing.

Make sure you go commando with it. If you're going to wear a kilt, there should be no holding back.

Kevin

PS Your avatar is amazing.

Reggie White should never be seen in a Packers jersey though. He's an Eagle forever.

Kevin

I must have missed it, what handicap must one have to be eligible to wear a kilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman,

Well that I can dig hahaha

Did you catch the game when they "played" against Okie St?

JRod....I love ya buddy...so drop that one hahaha

And get in the banter thread!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back