Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you hit one of your b330rx's with the jaws OEM? i ask b/c i find that ball to be super durable, wouldn't mind seeing how it fares vs. the jaws.

I really love the feel of the XFT's. I wasn't even looking for wedges when I found a super deal on one. I am now considering a gap wedge to complete the wedges. Maybe even a lob, although the 56 does awesome. I really like the feel of these wedges.

My only concern is that the XFT line won't last with Taylormade. What if they come out with a different line and stop manufacturing the faceplates? It's not a huge concern just something that keeps me from fully diving in. I'm trying to stay consistant with my gear because I'm at a phase where that's important for me.

I really love the feel of the XFT's. I wasn't even looking for wedges when I found a super deal on one. I am now considering a gap wedge to complete the wedges. Maybe even a lob, although the 56 does awesome. I really like the feel of these wedges.

My only concern is that the XFT line won't last with Taylormade. What if they come out with a different line and stop manufacturing the faceplates? It's not a huge concern just something that keeps me from fully diving in. I'm trying to stay consistant with my gear because I'm at a phase where that's important for me.

i just don't see that happening yoccos. what they'll do is end up taking a huge market share of the wedge consumer that they'll have to provide face plates. the other thing, i never noticed any sort of clickiness or anything that would suggest that there's a removeable plate in the face of the club. dammitt, i'm talking myself into one aren't i?

yes you are....rememebr though...you're only in pondering mode until the Outing. mini-wedge shootout remember?
i just don't see that happening yoccos. what they'll do is end up taking a huge market share of the wedge consumer that they'll have to provide face plates. the other thing, i never noticed any sort of clickiness or anything that would suggest that there's a removeable plate in the face of the club. dammitt, i'm talking myself into one aren't i?

yes you are....rememebr though...you're only in pondering mode until the Outing. mini-wedge shootout remember?

don't worry, i'm solid! i've made it this long, no way i give in. plus, i fully intend on winning these from the barclay contest.......yeah right!

you might....Westwood isn't in the field so you can't pick him
don't worry, i'm solid! i've made it this long, no way i give in. plus, i fully intend on winning these from the barclay contest.......yeah right!

you might....Westwood isn't in the field so you can't pick him

lmao thanks. but we know that i picked phil, always will too!!! i'm a loyalist.

there seems to be some momentum heading that way

I'm not so much pondering as hoping. My wife got a card in the mail from TGW last night that she is in the final drawing for a R9 driver or consolation prize.

there seems to be some momentum heading that way

haha, it is nice and it was nice to be able to demo it, albeit inside......hoping to have my own little shootout at pga national.

I'm not so much pondering as hoping. My wife got a card in the mail from TGW last night that she is in the final drawing for a R9 driver or consolation prize.

oh man! good luck, that would be one sweet driver to "ponder" over!!

Haha you definitely dont feel any click or bounce ;). I hear ya on the consumer part but it still wouldnt surprise me. Technology and designs change so mch. What if the tech doesnt work out for them? But man are they sweet wedges!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you hit one of your b330rx's with the jaws OEM? i ask b/c i find that ball to be super durable, wouldn't mind seeing how it fares vs. the jaws.

Actually I dont think I have, since switching balls Ive been using the xFT's. Might have to break out the 60* Jaws this weekend.

Haha you definitely dont feel any click or bounce ;). I hear ya on the consumer part but it still wouldnt surprise me. Technology and designs change so mch. What if the tech doesnt work out for them? But man are they sweet wedges!!!!

could always stock up on some faceplates...

I'm looking to get a new bag. Torn between the Ogio Syncro, Bag Boy Revolver Pro and the Sun Mountain c130. Just so hard to tell if I will like them just by looking at pictures on websites and customer reviews. Already got some feedback from a forum thread I posted on the Revolver Pro...............decisions, decisions......

Normally I would take that approach, as I have always had a tremendous amount of confidence in the DG line, but after reading 30 pages of review yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the number of times people mentioned how well the KBS shaft compliments the r9. I guess my hope is that my local store carries an extra stiff KBS that I can try out... That would certainly resolve all questions for me!

After looking at the numbers for my R9s, the DG x 100 and KBSx and Rifle 7.0x were some of the recommended. I thought the KBS and DG100 were pretty good. The KBS felt much lighter in the hands (Probably would have become accustomed to it, but didn't like that feeling during testing). Ironically, I went with the s300's even though they are a bit "flexy" for me. Just felt comfortable for me (had them in previous clubs) and no lack in distance, etc. My final decision, though, was between the s300s and the KBS.

Syncro....but I'm biased hehe
I'm looking to get a new bag. Torn between the Ogio Syncro, Bag Boy Revolver Pro and the Sun Mountain c130. Just so hard to tell if I will like them just by looking at pictures on websites and customer reviews. Already got some feedback from a forum thread I posted on the Revolver Pro...............decisions, decisions......

Ok well I think I have now talked my self out of the originaly what I wanted to do. I just found the putter I wanted but its black and no insert. Which I get JB's point for why there is no reason to have a milled face and insert. I found a heck of a deal on it that wasnt on ebay so makes me feel better about it to. I think im going to buy it just for the sake of having a putter I can switch to if I decide go back to my old ways of a blade. The more I looked at the kia ma putter the more I really just wanted it because of the weights in the back and the way it made it look and I really like the style of a putter. Then I found this one for a lot cheaper and have talked my self out of the original one since I was just going to make a brand new putter and have it custom when there was really no reason to. So I think what I might do later is buy an older putter and have it made the way I want to and Im really liking the custom ping putter JB had done so might just do it to that one instead of the really high dollar one. But this is what the black kia ma putter looks like. I know, I know i cant make up my mind lol

rossa-tp-kiama-daytona-putter.jpg

After looking at the numbers for my R9s, the DG x 100 and KBSx and Rifle 7.0x were some of the recommended. I thought the KBS and DG100 were pretty good. The KBS felt much lighter in the hands (Probably would have become accustomed to it, but didn't like that feeling during testing). Ironically, I went with the s300's even though they are a bit "flexy" for me. Just felt comfortable for me (had them in previous clubs) and no lack in distance, etc. My final decision, though, was between the s300s and the KBS.

I may go back tonight to hit the r9 in an s300 and x100 shaft... I am not entirely convinced by the KBS line being worth an additional 70 bucks for the tour shafts, when all I have ever known was the DG line and it has yet to let me down..

Ok well I think I have now talked my self out of the originaly what I wanted to do. I just found the putter I wanted but its black and no insert. Which I get JB's point for why there is no reason to have a milled face and insert. I found a heck of a deal on it that wasnt on ebay so makes me feel better about it to. I think im going to buy it just for the sake of having a putter I can switch to if I decide go back to my old ways of a blade. The more I looked at the kia ma putter the more I really just wanted it because of the weights in the back and the way it made it look and I really like the style of a putter. Then I found this one for a lot cheaper and have talked my self out of the original one since I was just going to make a brand new putter and have it custom when there was really no reason to. So I think what I might do later is buy an older putter and have it made the way I want to and Im really liking the custom ping putter JB had done so might just do it to that one instead of the really high dollar one. But this is what the black kia ma putter looks like. I know, I know i cant make up my mind lol

rossa-tp-kiama-daytona-putter.jpg

I have that one and it is a really good putter.

I have that one and it is a really good putter.

The more I think about it, the more I see your point of no point for an insert on a milled face other than looks, and so I came to my senses I dont need to spend that kind of money on new putter just to have it custom when I could buy something like this thats cheaper and I would use it on some days to. Then I can just take a older putter that is not in as good as shape and have it "customized" into the way I want.

alright well I pulled the trigger! I just could not pass that price up, its been a while since I putted with it (had one at golfsmith when it first came out) and I liked it a lot but just couldn't pay that much for it at the time. So hopefully it still rolls as good as it did the first time for me. It just going to be a back up/collection putter as my ghost still will be the everyday putter but Im just super pumped to start a mini putter collection going lol

Going to GolfSmith in a few minutes to get s300 shafts put in my clubs. Whoever owned the clubs before me screwed up the length and the lofts on the clubs so I figured I would get the shafts that the static fitting said fit me best.

Going to GolfSmith in a few minutes to get s300 shafts put in my clubs. Whoever owned the clubs before me screwed up the length and the lofts on the clubs so I figured I would get the shafts that the static fitting said fit me best.

Thought you were playing well with the new sticks? I did a static fit for my driver, led me to the Prolaunch Platinum Axis, so far I like it. Can't wait to see it on the launch monitor at the outing vs the other shafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back