Ernie Els switches to Adams.

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
OOPS :doh:I looked for a thread regarding this news but didn't find any. Mods can delete this thread if they want.

I did not see the previous discussion, awesome news for Els and Adams Golf, I like it.

No reason to delete, new threads are great and this one can be discussed here.

I see it as a good move for all involved including Callaway.

Els has officially graduated to the old man's club.

That was exactly what popped into my head when I saw the title of the thread. I think it will be good for all parties involved.

That might be, but I think he is making a good move here. Some of those Adams golfers on the senior tour are possibly playing better than they ever have. I would bet that Ernie will do quite well with these in the bag.

Very interesting. After last years major publicity from Callaway I thought he'd stay with them for the Long haul.

I think it's a great move by Adams. Their reputation is an old man's club, but I play with a 30 year old guy who bought their clubs and loved hitting my a12OS hybrids and irons.

Very interesting. After last years major publicity from Callaway I thought he'd stay with them for the Long haul.

I think a lot of times we as consumers view these as almost always the players decision. Many times that is just not the case.

I think this is a good fit for all involved. Look forward to seeing what he games through the year.

Should be good for everyone, I just wonder if it will be Adams through the bag or TM woods and adams irons, or any combination for that matter.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Just curious...why is Adams known as the old mans clubs? Cause Tom Watson does spots for them? Wasn't Ryan Moore sporting their clubs not long ago?

Just curious...why is Adams known as the old mans clubs? Cause Tom Watson does spots for them? Wasn't Ryan Moore sporting their clubs not long ago?

They have 1 or 2 guys on Tour and about 10 on the senior tour?

The same can be said for Cobra/Puma and being young people's clubs because of Fowler. Even though Ole Gray was a Cobra fanatic when he first came to THP. Reputation I guess?

It has been a stigma for a long time based on how they have been marketed. They are working on changing that, but to be fair, there last two larger signings have been guys that are a bit past their prime (Els & Perry).

Moore didn't do them any favors with the beer gut and vest's he was sporting.

Like the signing by Adams, though not sure how relevant this is as far as big player signings. Hopefully this isn't the largest change we see.

Adams makes some great equipment. I'm trying out the new XTD Driver on a vacation right now and it's as good of a driver as I've hit in years. I love the standard length shaft (45") and it has helped me time my swing much more effectively. I'll be interested to see if Ernie bags the XTD.

As of right now it does not appear to include the driver.
If I was a betting man, I would bet he has a TaylorMade driver in play in 2014.

Love this move for Adams, Ernie still draws a good bit of attention with that sweet swing of his.

Great move for both. Adams makes killer clubs, and the Big Easy has a killer swing, plus Adams could use the publicity in a bigger name player who's playing well right now.

Also I've said it before, but I hate the Adams old man stigma. Their clubs can be gamed with equal success by teenagers and seniors alike - I have their irons and love them.

I found it quite surprising to see Els sign with them but I think it's a huge signing for them. They sure have put out quite a bit of content just on his first day, I'll be curious to see how they leverage him in 2014!

Back