Exercise & Health

Here is what I have done so far today:

Breakfast - Shake and a piece of toast
Snack - lost track of time
Lunch - Salad with bacon bits and a bit of dressing. H2O to drink
Pre Workout - 3.25g creatine with gatorade
Post Workout - 3.25g creatine with gatorade, protein shake, granola bar, 2 oreos

Workout was circuit #2 for 3 sets, followed by a cardio blast at the end (d-bell swings, pushups, chinups, & weighted shadow strikes. All done in succession as fast as possible)

Yesterday was golf day so that was my cardio. Also went to a wedding reception the night before and burned a ton of calories dancing the night away. It was great fun!

Tried a CrossFit workout today and it killed me! Sprint 100 meters uphill, 100 meters back downhill, when you get to the bottom do 10 burpees. That is one rep. My goal was 5 reps, but I only managed 3. Took me 5:30:36. My goal is to beat that time next time and within a month get up to 6 reps. It is intense!

Did all of my supps so far today and have been eating very well!

edit: also walked 9 holes this morning.

Just wanted to bump this thread back alive and keep folks thinking healthy! I am still going to the gym four days per week unless out of town on a golf trip etc. Thinking about joining DawgDaddy at his Wednesday Blitz tournament in the early morning and then gym work afterwards. I think the one dude that amazes me is Lefty78. He has had total knee replacement in the last year and is out walking in this Georgia heat. Let me tell ya folks it's pretty darn brutal out there so the man is tough :thumb:

I'm personally thinking of a DQ blizzard. Proud of you OG! Wish I had your dedication to the gym.

Feeling like I am in a fantastic routine lately!!! Did all the supplements today and eating healthy as a horse! Was supposed to take the day off to golf but got rained out. I did a body weight circuit today and it felt great! Managed 9 pull-ups (correct form) which is the most I have been able to do since Christmas last year!

Feeling Great!!!

Great job 23 _lw and I love the way you grind it out and hang in there with your program. Keep up the great progress and focus on the goals forever!

Yep good work man. 9 pull ups is pretty dang good. I wanna get to 20, can do 12 right now. Fitness fo life!

Great job 23 _lw and I love the way you grind it out and hang in there with your program. Keep up the great progress and focus on the goals forever!

Thanks OG! Lots of hard work going in, hope to see some results soon. Didn't do any measurements, may in the next month or so. Feels good to do it. Also, I feel this thread is keeping me honest. If I don't feel like doing it one day, I think it will look bad if I don't post lol.

Yep good work man. 9 pull ups is pretty dang good. I wanna get to 20, can do 12 right now. Fitness fo life!

Thanks MarcH! My PB is around 12 and I really hope to be there by the end of August. My goal by the end of the year is to be able to pound out 25 pullups, 25 chinups, and 50 pushups in succession. Seems lofty looking at it now, but you never know.

Finished a good two hour gym workout and then went by our local Ingles grocery store. They have a huge fresh salad bar so I fixed me up a large salad with veggies, fruit, lettuce, etc. for lunch. I going to take it easy with this great salad, rest an hour and then cut the yard. Quality day in Gray, Ga. :thumb: It feels so good to work hard at the gym and then reward your body with a cool fresh garden salad!

Finished a good two hour gym workout and then went by our local Ingles grocery store. They have a huge fresh salad bar so I fixed me up a large salad with veggies, fruit, lettuce, etc. for lunch. I going to take it easy with this great salad, rest an hour and then cut the yard. Quality day in Gray, Ga. :thumb: It feels so good to work hard at the gym and then reward your body with a cool fresh garden salad!

Sounds like a solid day! How are those protein shakes treating you?

Sounds like a solid day! How are those protein shakes treating you?

Love em buddy! I am glad you put me on to them. I found out after drinking the protein shakes helps my body feel better and stronger. Good stuff!

Three days in a row at the gym for me now. Hopefully I stick with it and can get back in decent shape. I was hoping to be looking nice and lean when I go to the MC, but I waited to long. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look like your avatar then no, caffine in moderation is not bad for you. But if you are on the wieght lose trail then caffine can have a blocking effect on losing lbs. This is what I have read but I am sure there is an article or two that state the opposite.

The less caffeine is interesting, what is your caffeine intake now? I drink one or two cups of coffee a day.. Should I also be cutting down?

Nice job OG, great idea with this thread.

I try to keep my mind sharp so I am constantly reading and thinking two three steps down the road. My exercise has fallen off and I have no one to blame but myself. I used to be an avid runner so I am getting back into it. As well as the gym three days a week. We eat very healthy in our home keeping the sugar intake to a minimum...trying to set a good example for the young ones, getting them started on goo habits.
I stretch in the morning when I wake up just get the blood flowing and when I am at work I get up every hour and stretch if I am not out with clients. I try to soak up as much golf/swing knowledge that I can from friends, my pro, reading and THP. Could I do more, yes...so my goal is to do one more stretch, lap, putt, swing...A little at a time and it will be habit.

Nice job OG, great idea with this thread.

Thanks buddy and I am looking forward to meeting you in October at our Georgia Get Together. I set a goal for the THP Outing in West Palm Beach (last May) for some weight loss. I am going to make a commitment to lose five or more pounds before the October 15th weekend! I will be cutting out a couple of bad items from my snack menu and drinking much more water. This officially begins today so I will be five and maybe even ten pounds lighter come the middle of October!

Exercise is as necessary for the health as the blood is necessary to live. We should do minimum 30 mins exercise to be fit and smart in through all of our life.

I am still going to the gym four days a week and this all started last November prior to the 2011 THP Outing. It was the 5 - 10 - 15 thread that kicked this exercise habit off for me and I am so thankful for it. Even though my weight loss is never going to be exactly where I want it, my strength is good and flexibility is better. I will be 61 years young this November and I will give myself a Birthday present of another year at the gym!

My wife and I started p90x in January, and are still going strong. Occasionally I might miss one day working out a week, but I am down 2 pant sizes and quite happy. My only issue now, is with the increased lifting I am doing, sometimes my swing is not as flexible as I like. But for right now, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

My wife and I started p90x in January, and are still going strong. Occasionally I might miss one day working out a week, but I am down 2 pant sizes and quite happy. My only issue now, is with the increased lifting I am doing, sometimes my swing is not as flexible as I like. But for right now, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I just encountered this problem over the weekend. I hadn't played in about 2 weeks and I recently changed up my workout plan to be more intensive. I quickly discovered that I had already given up some flexibility. I've been really focusing on stretching now in addition to the new routine to not give up too much.

I just encountered this problem over the weekend. I hadn't played in about 2 weeks and I recently changed up my workout plan to be more intensive. I quickly discovered that I had already given up some flexibility. I've been really focusing on stretching now in addition to the new routine to not give up too much.

Yea you got to be careful with the bulking up part. I use less weight and more reps for more flexibility although I have gained some muscle mass as well. I just try to work on the ones that don't get in the way of my golf swing.

Yea you got to be careful with the bulking up part. I use less weight and more reps for more flexibility although I have gained some muscle mass as well. I just try to work on the ones that don't get in the way of my golf swing.

You know OG, it's really hard to take what you're saying seriously with an avatar like that. You don't look very physically fit to me.

Yeah, I definitely work on the flexibility and stretching also, but sometimes I just have those off days.

You know OG, it's really hard to take what you're saying seriously with an avatar like that. You don't look very physically fit to me.

:rofl:

Hit a milestone today at the gym. Deadlifted 365lbs - 2 times my bodyweight. Felt good, just wanted to tell somebody about it lol. Hope everyone is still hitting the gym!

Back