Favorite Grilled Meal or Recipe

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I was outside grilling some kabobs and wondered what everybody's favorite grilled meal was? It doesn't have to be a whole meal, but maybe just favorite meat or recipe.

My favorite thing to grill is pizza. We buy dough from a local pizza place and then make our own toppings for it. It is hard to choose between the barbecue chicken and red onion or the olive oil with spinach and feta cheese pizza as a favorite.

Prime steaks. Im not a huge steak eater, but when I do eat one, I want Prime. None of these choice cuts or anything else. Nothing wrong with those, but for someone that does not eat a ton of steak, when I want one, its got to be special.

I really get into a grilled filet or T-Bone, but my favorite is likely ribs, slow cooked with corn on the cob. (Although I'm not supposed to have the corn any more, haha)

Meat. More specifically, red meat. Love chicken and pork on the grill, don't get me wrong, but I feel my time is better served firing up the charcoal if I'm throwing a nice fat ribeye on for a quick trip to medium rare. But, I'm in KC, and I can't leave out Brisket(smoked) and ribs. Steak is by far the best tho. The only thing I will throw on with a steak is some corn to eat with dinner, and some green onions as an appetizer. Roll 'em around in oil, little kosher salt, then on the grill until they get dark, then another very small pinch of salt, and eat them hot. Best appetizer in the world for grilled food.

anything and everything meat
all that pass into the grill depart it with a refreshing exuberance

It doesnt get much better then grilling up some Asada. So simple and so delicious.

lobster or countrystyle pork ribs...its a toss up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Korean short ribs, aka kalbi. I have this great recipe for a kalbi marinade that uses soy sauce, sesame oil, spenda, green onions, garlic and a few other ingredients that when grilled just so, puts on a nice carmelization on these thinly cut short ribs that is amazing!

A nice thick Ahi steak marinated in Soy sauce and crusted with sesame seeds with asparagus rolled in brown sugar and cayenne

A nice cut of Ribeye, with my dad's age old secret. :)

I like game. Raccoon, possum, squirrel, they're all good. Cheap too, if you get 'em fresh off the side of the road. The key is getting 'em fresh. If they've been sitting, it can ruin the meal.

Kevin

Grilled sweet potatoes. Cut em in half and soak them face down in light oil....nuke em for 3 minutes. Pull em out top em with brown sugar and throw em on the grill. Amazing!

Venison backstrap. Ooooooooooh my!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grilled..cheese? lol

We eat steak all the time, the favourite thing i like to eat from the grilled is this bbq chicken that my dad makes.

Pork Chops –
I hated Pork Chops until recently when I had good chops from the butcher. I grew up eating thin over cooked, dried out chops. I start with 1” thick chops from our local butcher. I prep them with dry rub (extra spicy for mine) and grill them hot and fast. Timing is everything, don’t overcook em. I usually have the grill tuned to just below medium, and flip em as they being to curl. They come out juicy and tender.

Prime Steaks –
I rub them down with dry rub and olive oil, bring one side of the grill up hot and wait until the BBQ is at 400. I place the steak on the hot side of the grill for a few minutes then move to the middle section until the juices rise up then I flip over back to the hot side for a couple more minutes until done. I like my a little more rare.

Hot Shrimp-
I mix up a batch of the hottest BBQ sauce I can find with honey to taste. I like the sauce to start sweet then set your tongue on fire. I coat the shrimp with the sauce, skewer then cook for a few minutes on the BBQ.

Grilling and BBQ are my two favorite methods of cooking. A huge dry aged prime porterhouse or ribeye is hard to beat. the dry aging concentrates the meats flavor and the texture/taste is unbelievable.

My grill is also a smoker - so a slow smoked chicken/turkey breast is really really good too. But if i had to choose - the ribeye hands down!

The asparagus sounds good! How do you make it?

Clean the asparagus, trim the ends.

Mix 1/4 cup dark brown sugar with 2 teaspoons of cayenne (More or less depending on how much heat you like), mix it thouroughly
pour about 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil into a baking dish, roll the asparagus around in the oil until it's completely coated
Pour in the brown sugar mixture and again roll the asparagus around until it's completely coated and let it marinate for about 10 minutes
Grill for about 3 minutes roll over and grill for another 2

Keep a spray bottle handy as the sugar and oil will cause flare ups

My families favorite thing to put on the grill is something that we picked up while living in Hawaii. They are Korean short ribs. You basically take beef short ribs and cut them so that they are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (the butcher usually has to do this). We then marinade them in soy sauce, sugar, and ginger overnight. They are awesome for tailgating and parties. We used to have them on a weekly basis in Hawaii because you could buy them pre-marinated at the store. COSTCO even had them in a giant box frozen. Good stuff. If you want to try it for the marinade you mix 1 cup soy sauce, 1 cup sugar and ginger to taste. It sounds like a lot of sugar but if you use any less it looses a lot of the flavor. Give it a whirl you wont be disappointed.

Grilling and BBQ are my two favorite methods of cooking. A huge dry aged prime porterhouse or ribeye is hard to beat. the dry aging concentrates the meats flavor and the texture/taste is unbelievable.

My grill is also a smoker - so a slow smoked chicken/turkey breast is really really good too. But if i had to choose - the ribeye hands down!

We have a smoker but never use it. We bought it a year ago and have used it twice. The first time we must have over smoked it because the flavor was too strong. The second time it was decent but JB failed to inform me that he dropped the pork tenderloin on the ground when he took it out of the smoker so after 1 bite I got some cement and that was the end of that.

I would love to tips and tricks for great smoking.

My favorite is grilled chicken that my dad makes. I'm not sure what he marinates it in, but it is simple. The trick is not to keep it on too long. Or so I've heard.

Grilled Salmon

- Marinate in a homemade sauce (maple syrup, ginger, miso, garlic, soy, chili) for 4 hours
- Slap a tiny bit more sauce on to get it wet
- Coak in pecans
- Grill

I get a lot of requests to do that one over again. Also, it works just as well on something like a cuisinart indoors grill for those who can't have an outside unit

Back