Favorite Masters Moment

For me it's between Tigers chip in 2005 or Phil's shot in 13 in 2010. Both such amazing moments!

Bubba draw out of the trees. #epic

Jack's win in 1986, followed closely by his charge and missed win in 1998.

Bubba draw out of the trees. #epic

I absolutely despise evertthing that is Bubba Watson but I would tend to agree. Playoff hole and do or die pressure at the masters and he pulls that off?

Pretty ridiculous.

As whole tournaments go it would be a tie between either of Tom Watson's wins. Yes, I am a little biased.

Jack's back nine in 1986 has been mentioned. But for one moment in time, nothing can ever beat this for me:

Ben Crenshaw's emotional win in 1995 after Harvey Penick's death.

Tiger's chip in 2005. Probably the most memorable shot I've ever seen. I still remember that ball stopping right before the cup and everyone I was watching with was in disbelief for that moment, then it took one last turn, dropped in the cup and everyone went crazy. Such a fun moment.

An actual moment. It's hard to beat Tigers chip on 16. Although I really want to say Phil from the pines on 13.

But I tend to agree with Erky on watching a Tiger just dominate the course and field on Saturday and Sunday in 97 is proba Bly the most stunning thing I've seen in golf.

As it was happening I just couldn't believe it or stop smiling.

I think of The Masters, and I think of my dad. A single memory doesn't come to mind immediately, just years of growing up watching the tournament on TV with him. It was our family tradition to watch it together. I saw several of Jack's wins as a kid. Spring 1986 was my first year of college, and I didn't get to watch the tourney with Dad, but I still remember his excitement over Jack's win when we talked that evening.

My dad passed in '89 and never made it out to Augusta himself. I made it to the Tourney for the first time on Sunday in 1995. I drove over early and arrived before the gates opened. Thought of my Dad so much that day and how much he would have enjoyed the grounds. I saw this young kid in a Stanford hat play the 2nd hole. Huge drive. Tiger's first Sunday at Augusta. I watched Norman and DL3 play all through the back nine. Both threatening to overtake Crenshaw. I was certain one of them was going to win. But old Ben had some help from above from Harvey and got his 2nd jacket.

I made it our family tradition to watch The Masters together as well. We did so each year as they grew up. I was able to take them to see the course separately, on final rounds. Son and I were there when Bubba won his first. Daughter and I were there when Adam Scott won. This edition will be the first I won't be watching with my kids. Both are in college now. Proud of passing on a love for this event though. My son and some friends reserved a lecture hall last year and used the a/v system to watch Augusta on the giant screen. They are planning to do the same again this year.

So many great memories tied to this event. For sure my favorite tournament each year.

You mean like this picture Barry?

Probably 97 when Tiger decimated the field, or the chip when the swoosh was hanging right before it dropped. Most of my best memories involve Tiger or Phil but there are a couple Duval moments as well.

For me my favorite moment was that Sunday in 1986, i still get goosebumps watching the replay every year.

My favorite shot was Phil from the pine straw on #13, still can't believe he missed that eagle putt.

c096d68c11f533377777eb7655c710f8.jpg

Bubbas shot from the woods is the freshest memory in my mind.
Close 2nd was tiger hitting the stick and the ball rolling into the water. I also believe that was when the dude called in a penalty on TW on the drop after that

CrenshawAndCarl.jpg

I shed a few tears with Ben and Carl on this day in 1995

A tie for me.....Jack coming from behind for the win in 86 and Phil's jump after his first win

My favorites have already been mentioned:

'86 Masters- Jack on his way to a 30 on the 2nd Nine, makes eagle on 15, birdie on 16, then putting for birdie on 17- "Maybe?.... Yes sir!!!"

'04 Masters- Phil's 31 on the 2nd Nine, capped off with a birdie on 18 to best Els by 1- "Is it his time?"

'05 Masters- Tiger's chip in on 16 to throw a dagger at Chris DiMarco- "In your life... Have you ever..."

Phil's 6 iron from the pine straw between the trees on 13

Since he didn't win I don't know if they can be favorites, but Phil's 60 footer for bird and that bunker shot he jarred for eagle yesterday were pretty damn sweet.

CrenshawAndCarl.jpg

I shed a few tears with Ben and Carl on this day in 1995

This is up there for me also...Lots of emotions and the true meaning of friendship, teamwork. and mentorship in that photo. I see that as Crenshaw "hugging" Harvey Penick through Carl. Carl was as much a mentor and coach to ben as Harvey was.

Bumping this for MASTERS WEEK!!!!

Gentle Ben's final walk up 18 was pretty special last year.

Got to go with Tiger's chip in on 16 because of the situation and the amazing shot that it was. Incredible under the circumstances!!

The press conference before the Saturday round when Colin M was so confident he could chase down TW. And the presser that followed the round, when TW laid claim to the event.

Tigers chip in on the par 3 where the swoosh just stood there before dropping in.

Bubba's hook from the trees in the playoff was pretty sweet as well

Back