Feet together drill. On the course?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We all know the feet together drill. I also know that when I do it, I tend to hit some pretty dang decent shots. I have toyed with the idea of taking it to the golf course, and since it is very cheap for me to play (thanks to my wife, who works there), I don't think there is any reason why I shouldn't try this experiment. Has anyone ever done this? If you have, how did you shoot and score compared to normal?

I've done it from about 50 yards and in smalls, but not from further distances out.

I've done it from about 50 yards and in smalls, but not from further distances out.

I'm thinking about doing a whole round that way. Except for putting. And maybe chips. I'm talking full shots.

I'm thinking about doing a whole round that way. Except for putting. And maybe chips. I'm talking full shots.

wow! let me know how it goes. I'd be curious.

Good luck I will follow your updates ..Very interesting

Good luck I will follow your updates ..Very interesting

If I had to pay full price there is no way I would do this! But because I can, I think I will.

Smalls I do a drill called the 9 to 3 drill. If hit properly you get about 75% distance with your irons. If I completely lose my swing during a round I will try and find my swing using that drill during the round

OG was doing it the other day when his driver was misbehaving. He started hitting good shots down the middle. I laughed at him a bit but that's nothing new. :act-up:

I do that very same thing CL. It seems to help a bit. I'm curious to hear how it goes smalls.

Ive done this on shots inside of 40 yards as of late, cause my short game is brutal, when I stay down on the ball, the outcome has been solid!

OG was doing it the other day when his driver was misbehaving. He started hitting good shots down the middle. I laughed at him a bit but that's nothing new. :act-up:

How was his distance? I am expecting shorter but fairways!

We all know the feet together drill. I also know that when I do it, I tend to hit some pretty dang decent shots. I have toyed with the idea of taking it to the golf course, and since it is very cheap for me to play (thanks to my wife, who works there), I don't think there is any reason why I shouldn't try this experiment. Has anyone ever done this? If you have, how did you shoot and score compared to normal?

Smallville where does your wife work? We should play together sometime

Painted Hills in KCK.

Interesting, I saw a guy I was playing do this once as a practice swing before each shot. Why does it help exactly?

Interesting, I saw a guy I was playing do this once as a practice swing before each shot. Why does it help exactly?

Helps your balance, reduce swaying and improve timing, among others. Do a Google search on it. Lots of videos and articles.

Helps your balance, reduce swaying and improve timing, among others. Do a Google search on it. Lots of videos and articles.

Thanks Smallville, as a very high handicapper I need all the help I can get. Sorry for the clarification question in the middle of your thread.

Thanks Smallville, as a very high handicapper I need all the help I can get. Sorry for the clarification question in the middle of your thread.

Doesn't bother me any BA.

My instructor has me do the feet together drill to get my hands forward when I get in a funk of scooping the ball. It always works for me and resets my normal swing. I, like you Smalls, seem to hit the ball really well with my feet together and the only issue for me is that I lose distance. I will be interested in seeing how this works for you.

I played today but couldn't make myself do this today! I did however do something else. I didn't have my feet together, but I did keep them much closer than I usually do. I also dropped my right foot back to where my heel of the left foot was at about the middle of my right foot. I was hitting much straighter with everything today and actually had more shots go left than did go right for a change! Distance was was comparable to what I normally hit. My biggest problem is turning my hands over, and this seemed to help a lot. What it probably helped more than anything was helping me swing inside to outside.

Anytime you start swaying below your belt buckle too much and not making a good shoulder turn, try the feet together drill. Heck I have hit my driver out past two hundred plus yards with my feet together with darn good accuracy. It teaches you to swing with your big muscles and make a good turn back and through the ball. It works :thumb:

Small, I have...not for an entire round but I have pulled it out on a few holes. I would gradually move to a wider stance as I progressed through the holes. It worked and yes I hit some great shots as well. It's fun to do when you are not pressed for time or being pushed.

I have done it from the 8 iron down, I don't seem to lose any appreciable distance and seem to hit the ball solidly almost every time. Interested in the results of a full round. And OG hitting the driver much more accurately with this drill makes me want to try it with the longer clubs too.

I take my practice swingwith my feet together and then take my normal shot. I am going to have to try taqking full shots with my feet together.

Back